SPFL prem title race? - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SPFL prem title race?

1 hour ago, jock strap said:

Your Kidding me on ?

Im sure you are joking about something, but I'm lost, sorry :)

7 minutes ago, ByronLoon1986 said:

Aberdeen will win the league on the final game of the season at Parkhead infront of 10,000 traveling dons fans!

Rooney will score an overhead kick in the dying seconds to win 3-2!

The granite city will then go into meltdown!!!

The sheep are on fire...

No chance will the league schedule it for the final day. 

The rest seems entirely reasonable.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

No chance will the league schedule it for the final day. 

The rest seems entirely reasonable.

Yeah, i'd be very surprised if it wasn't first game after the split. 

If it goes to the last day then fate will have The Dons win the league, recent 'Helicopter Sundays' have not been good for Celtic. There is nothing better than winning the league over your biggest rival on the last day of a long season when they well and truly bottle it!!

Edited by Grantyboy1983

7 minutes ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

If it goes to the last day then fate will have The Dons win the league, recent 'Helicopter Sundays' have not been good for Celtic. There is nothing better than winning the league over your biggest rival on the last day of a long season when they well and truly bottle it!!

The 2005 title is why you can never predict these things. I know the focus is always on the Motherwell match, but folk forget the Tims got thrashed at home from Hibs immediately after giving us a doing at Ibrox. 

And you are right winning it on the final day always makes it that bit more special. We have been pretty fortunate in that respect, certainly in my lifetime. 

6 minutes ago, Potted Heid said:

In these times of austerity, with the distance between Glasgow and Aberdeen, it is much more likely to be 'Ryanair Sunday'.

That would probably be Ryanair Monday then, and the trophy would end up in Inverness.

9 minutes ago, Potted Heid said:

In these times of austerity, with the distance between Glasgow and Aberdeen, it is much more likely to be 'Ryanair Sunday'.

:lol:

Scott McDonald to hand Aberdeen the title with a last minute winner for Motherwell v Celtic at fir park, live on BT, then run to the TV gantry and high 5 Stephen Craigan and stick the nut on Chris Sutton.

:shocked:

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Scott McDonald to hand Aberdeen the title with a last minute winner for Motherwell v Celtic at fir park, live on BT, then run to the TV gantry and high 5 Stephen Craigan and stick the nut on Chris Sutton.

:shocked:

I got a wee bit giddy there.....

I think Aberdeen need to win tomorrow, no matter what our result on Saturday. They have a real chance to put pressure on us at a crucial time of the season. In saying that, I do think Hearts will win tomorrow and the league will be ours again. 

16 minutes ago, Mox said:

I think Aberdeen need to win tomorrow, no matter what our result on Saturday. They have a real chance to put pressure on us at a crucial time of the season. 

I both agree and disagree. 

We must win, assuming you win on Saturday. If we lose and then you lose on Saturday, we still have a chance. We will of course need to win all 5 of our remaining games and hope you lose at Tynecastle post-split. 

I find Motherwells confidence about Saturday strangely comforting. I'm also encouraged that Craig Gordon seems to be back to his best and that could prove very important over the next few weeks.

If the jambos can keep 11 men on the park (no mean feat with their industrial approach), then I would fancy them to take something tonight.

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

I find Motherwells confidence about Saturday strangely comforting. I'm also encouraged that Craig Gordon seems to be back to his best and that could prove very important over the next few weeks.

To be fair i wouldn't base "Motherwell confidence" on me waffling on the Internet.

Motherwell should be more confident than usual going into this game, but as I've said earlier in the thread, anytime I've started to get excited about taking on one of the old firm, we've suffered a fairly routine 2-0 defeat or worse. (Sometimes much worse!!)

We are overpriced at 8/1 with boonies, but kidding aside, we are still under dogs.

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

At least we haven't had Stuart McCall talking down our chances all week.

:ok:

Mark McGhee is a much stronger character, and much better at managing that side of things.

I heard a clip of him on the radio the other night and all he did was talk about how great Celtic are and how they're going to win the league. :lol: