ICT v Hearts off - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

ICT v Hearts off

The game tomorrow has been cancelled as Hearts have flu going around. The bbc says they have 12 players with flu. Even if we take this number as true and not exaggerated and don't count that this includes reserve players as well.

Do Hearts really not have another 14 registered players? They should have to suck it up and play. 

Also a pure coincidence that they play Aberdeen on Friday night...

Edited by iainmac1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about their own fans who most I'd imagine will have taken time of work, booked trains, the bus conveyors who have booked coaches or the fans who have booked accommodation 

Next time a Hearts fan complains about matches being postponed late on or late alterations to fixtures then just remind them to look a little closer to home

I'm not doubting they have some players sick but some of these will be reserves and their u20 game was cancelled this week due to this reason so some of this '12' will be youth players.

They will defienetly have say 14 fit players registered so they should have to play them.

Also if this is a serious sickness and they are too ill to play on Tuesday would they really be fit 3 days later?

30 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

What about their own fans who most I'd imagine will have taken time of work, booked trains, the bus conveyors who have booked coaches or the fans who have booked accommodation 

Next time a Hearts fan complains about matches being postponed late on or late alterations to fixtures then just remind them to look a little closer to home

work?

31 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

17 players unavailable through illness or injury. Seemingly there has only ever been one other request for this and it was turned down. Dundee v Celtic. 

Apparently only 7 first team players on the team bus when it left today. 

Hearts must have been mighty sharp getting doctor's certificates for all these 'ill' players, and getting them to the SFA to be checked.

My dad is 84 with lung disease and it takes him a fortnight to see his GP.

Edited by Rossy

58 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

One first squad keeper. Why not use a reserve or youth as back-up. 

We've not been able to field a full bench for some games this season and had youth players on bench to make up numbers at other times. 

The only keeper who made the trip was Kelby Mason who is part of the academy team. 

Is this the third time this fixture has had to be rescheduled? 

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Hearts must have been mighty sharp getting doctor's certificates for all these 'ill' players, and getting them to the SFA to be checked.

My dad is 84 with lung disease and it takes him a fortnight to see his GP.

Whats the SFA got to do with it?

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hertz up pyoor cheetz man. Charity robburz and poppy feefs that leave the taps oan und flood thur pitch 'n' that.

Meanwhile everything is rosy at Easter Road. Hows Stubbs's 'treble' coming along?

Edited by neil r

11 minutes ago, neil r said:

Meanwhile everything is rosy at Easter Road. Hows Stubbs's 'treble' coming along?

League cups gone, no doubt they will Hibs it up in the play offs and I think we all know how their Scottish cup adventure is going to end up. 

I remember going to Parkhead for a midweek Killie game around 1996.

Killie requested a postponement as we could barely field 11 players and 3 subs from our registered players due to a flu bug. Think the physio even had it. Ended up playing a team which had kids playing out of position making their debut. Celtic refused to postpone the game. 

Ironically the game had previously been previously been rearranged due to Celtic having a couple away on international duty. 

We got pumped 6-0. At least one of those kids only ever played that game for us! 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Killie requested a postponement as we could barely field 11 players and 3 subs from our registered players due to a flu bug. Think the physio even had it. Ended up playing a team which had kids playing out of position making their debut. Celtic refused to postpone the game. 

Ironically the game had previously been previously been rearranged due to Celtic having a couple away on international duty. 

We got pumped 6-0. At least one of those kids only ever played that game for us! 

It's not up to the other club to agree to call the game off. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sat through that one. Garry Tallon :yikes3:

Di Canio was doing heidy keepy ups in the first 10 minutes...