Holyrood predictions - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, stocky said:

All the SNP's Fault you know......

"When they had once got it by heart, the sheep developed a great liking for this maxim, and often as they lay in the field they would all start bleating "Four legs good, two legs bad! Four legs good, two legs bad!" and keep it up for hours on end, never growing tired of it."

2 hours ago, Scunnered said:

"When they had once got it by heart, the sheep developed a great liking for this maxim, and often as they lay in the field they would all start bleating "Four legs good, two legs bad! Four legs good, two legs bad!" and keep it up for hours on end, never growing tired of it."

From the guy who never grows tired of greetin about the SNP. 

The conservatives must be putting a lot of resources into banff and buchan,, thats two letters adressed to my wife and myself this week,, we have had 3 party letters also through the door,,,there has been one from the labour party and nothing from the snp,,, i hope the snp have not became complacent in their banff and buchan strong hold,,,seems there has been a resurgence of vocal tory voters of late

46 minutes ago, phart said:

Car covered in SNP stickers parking in the only disabled bay with no badge today, I'll just assume it was Fiona Hyslop motor.

Maybe it got covered in SNP stickers because it was in a disabled bay with no badge? Unlikely, I know, but not impossible.

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The conservatives must be putting a lot of resources into banff and buchan,, thats two letters adressed to my wife and myself this week,, we have had 3 party letters also through the door,,,there has been one from the labour party and nothing from the snp,,, i hope the snp have not became complacent in their banff and buchan strong hold,,,seems there has been a resurgence of vocal tory voters of late

We have each had two letters from Labour all delivered by Royal Mail. If they are going to every house in Scotland, that must be costing a fortune. I wonder where all their money is coming from?

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe it got covered in SNP stickers because it was in a disabled bay with no badge? Unlikely, I know, but not impossible.

That's a joke, right? :lol: 

33 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

We have each had two letters from Labour all delivered by Royal Mail. If they are going to every house in Scotland, that must be costing a fortune. I wonder where all their money is coming from?

Well , the main parties all get one paid for by the Govt, I think, and the other would have been paid for by London.

The Unions still have a few bob, they also had quite a few new members .......There are also elections in Wales and London which Labour are standing in, so a few leaflets will be generic stuff.

But Labour in Scotland is Skint.........  And leaderless, they used to get cash and Direction from their MPS... 

Our Local Brianch, Which was Wee Doogies, only has 4 auld guys in it now (regularly  campaigning) , along with the 2 Councillors,and  2 MSP.'s,     ( Henry and Bibby) it is one of the stronger Labour Branches... 

nearly 1 in every 9 voters in our Village is now an SNP member....

39 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

They did it for the General Election last year too. Fat lot of use that turned out to be!...

21 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Or, it could be Scunny driving round Scotland deliberately parking in disabled bays to give the SNP a bad reputation? 

I'm sad... Sad enough to send a picture of Kenny Gibsons car parked on double yellows to the local paper... But not THAT sad.

On 21/04/2016 at 11:52 AM, hampden_loon2878 said:

In Glasgow East, I've had 3 generic SNP leaflets (all delivered on the same day), 2 generic Tory leaflets & 2 Generic & 2 local Labour leaflets along with a knock on the door from Labour.

1 hour ago, Stapes said:

Tactial voting is unlikely to work as people intend with a relatively proportional voting system.  Voting Green on the second vote will either replace an SNP list MSP with a unionist MSP or maybe an SNP list MSP with a Green MSP.  To be specific, it won't increase the number of indy-supporting MSPs, but is likely to reduce that number.  Which is precisely why the idea is being pushed by the mainstream media.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Tactial voting is unlikely to work as people intend with a relatively proportional voting system.  Voting Green on the second vote will either replace an SNP list MSP with a unionist MSP or maybe an SNP list MSP with a Green MSP.  To be specific, it won't increase the number of indy-supporting MSPs, but is likely to reduce that number.  Which is precisely why the idea is being pushed by the mainstream media.

Why are all those Greens second and third on the regional list then?  It's because they're not being weighed down by the SNP's massive constituency vote.  

Look at the North East - even a projected 51.84% of the regional vote doesn't gain the SNP a single extra MSP.  The Greens, with 9.64% of that vote, get list seats 2 and 7.  If that combined total 60% of the vote had gone to the SNP it would not have yielded two list MSPs.

edit : Even looking to one of the few places where the SNP don't hoover up all the FPTP, e.g. Highlands & Islands.  Assuming two Lib Dems in the Oslo West constituencies and almost 50% of the regional vote for the SNP, we are down to picks 6 and 7 before they squeeze in.  In a nutshell - 60% of the regional vote spread over two parties will get you more seats than 60% for one party.

Edited by adamntg

47 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Why are all those Greens second and third on the regional list then?  It's because they're not being weighed down by the SNP's massive constituency vote.  

Look at the North East - even a projected 51.84% of the regional vote doesn't gain the SNP a single extra MSP.  The Greens, with 9.64% of that vote, get list seats 2 and 7.  If that combined total 60% of the vote had gone to the SNP it would not have yielded two list MSPs.

edit : Even looking to one of the few places where the SNP don't hoover up all the FPTP, e.g. Highlands & Islands.  Assuming two Lib Dems in the Oslo West constituencies and almost 50% of the regional vote for the SNP, we are down to picks 6 and 7 before they squeeze in.  In a nutshell - 60% of the regional vote spread over two parties will get you more seats than 60% for one party.

See my comment on the tactical voting thread but that analysis looks like a load of bollocks to me.

One thing I would point out, in 2011, the SNP won all constituencies in the North East and still picked up a list seat on 52.7%.

The main tactic of the unionist parties, backed by a compliant media, seems to be to persuade SNP voters to give their list vote to the Greens or RISE. This will not result in more independence minded MSPs. It will more likely result in more unionist MSPs. The SNP message needs to be very simple "If you want more MSPs who are in favour of independence, then the SNP needs both of your votes."