The Masters - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Masters

Fairbairn

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think I nearly turned it off and went to bed after Speith's 4th birdie in a row. I know this will sound daft, given what he did at 12, but he has some bottle. He really hasn't played well the last couple of days but is simply a putting machine. 

Still not out of it too. - 4 will get him into a playoff imo. 

6 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

To think I nearly turned it off and went to bed after Speith's 4th birdie in a row. I know this will sound daft, given what he did at 12, but he has some bottle. He really hasn't played well the last couple of days but is simply a putting machine. 

Still not out of it too. - 4 will get him into a playoff imo. 

Think that's what made his 12th all the more surprising. He'd been almost unflappable all weekend

15 minutes ago, TartanDave said:

Think that's what made his 12th all the more surprising. He'd been almost unflappable all weekend

Aye agreed. Quite unbelievable. 

Willet has been excellent today. My - 4 shout is a lot of pish. Some second shot there.  

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think Oosthuizen birdied the last 4 holes to win it? Could be wrong though.

He has never won it mate only 2nd. 2012 he was leading but Bubba had 4 in a row (holes 13-16) to pull level. He won it on a play off. 

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

At least my 2nd sentence was right.:lol:

Haha aye tbf I didn't know either, had to look it up. 

Some story for Willet. His wife's birthday today and also his Bairns due date. He arrived early allowing him just to compete in it. 

21 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Ha just came back on to post that. It was the year Mcilroy Hibsed it. 

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

All over. I know Speith has fallen to bits but that's some final round from Willet. Last 3 holes were particularly impressive after suddenly going into the lead. 

Aye, he really held it together under huge pressure. Compare that to how Westwood handled it with a pathetic 3 putt on the16th, when he had another great chance of winning a major.

22 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Aye agreed. Would have like to.see Westwood win tbf. Always admired how he battled back after dropping to 300 in the world. 

Fair play to Speith there. He'll win more majors for sure. 

And Westwood wasn't really contending until he knocked in an amazing shot from 20 yards and crept back into it. Did pretty well from almost nowhere.

12 minutes ago, fringo said:

And Westwood wasn't really contending until he knocked in an amazing shot from 20 yards and crept back into it. Did pretty well from almost nowhere.

Aye worth noting that he was round in 69 today, which is very commendable.

Just noticed JB Holmes finished tied 4th. Don't think I seen him hit one shot all weekend. Does he still absolutely kill it?