michael owen - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He said last night, in relation to the salary that Zlatan is looking for to play in EPL, that he himself "was playing in the wrong era". This is Michael Owen who retired 3 years ago and who has a net worth of about £50m. #pauper  

Aye, you could see that sticking in the craw of some of the older ex-pro pundits!

Despise Savage as well, remember when he tweeted about Phil Thompson going on about the amounts players earned he said something like "You might have won 5 European trophies, but I wouldn't swap that for my 3 Ferraris and the £10m I have in the bank.

Utter c0ck of a man.

To Thompsons credit he said he would rather have the medals and the memories. ( would love to think he genuinely meant it ).

23 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Despise Savage as well, remember when he tweeted about Phil Thompson going on about the amounts players earned he said something like "You might have won 5 European trophies, but I wouldn't swap that for my 3 Ferraris and the £10m I have in the bank.

Utter c0ck of a man.

To Thompsons credit he said he would rather have the medals and the memories. ( would love to think he genuinely meant it ).

Fücking despise that cünt Savage !

He revels in slagging off Scottish football and our national team. Claims to be a patriotic Welshman but is always banging on about England.

37 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Utter c0ck of a man.

Just shows you the state of modern football when a useless p***k like savage has that sort of money in his bank,  I am happy that i can remember and watched  football during the best era,  people like savage would never have got a game in those days.  

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Utter c0ck of a man.

My wife used to work in the call centre of a bank that Savage had an account with. She got him on the phone one day. He was out driving at the time and trying to move some money about. The banks security, as per most banks, required the customer to complete some security questions prior to the call centre rep being able to do anything for them. Of course Savage didn't have any of his security answers and was going mental at my wife with the usual "Do you not know who I am" line. She calmly replied that she didn't know who he was as he hadn't been able to verify who he was through the standard security questions and then explained she would have to therefore terminate the call amid much cursing and swearing from Savage! When she got home she said to me "Have you heard of a footballer called Robbie Savage, he's a right c0ck".

1 hour ago, wellyman said:

Just shows you the state of modern football when a useless p***k like savage has that sort of money in his bank,  I am happy that i can remember and watched  football during the best era,  people like savage would never have got a game in those days.  

savage may well be a knob, i dont watch any of the stations he appears on so i wouldnt know

but he was a good player

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

My wife used to work in the call centre of a bank that Savage had an account with. She got him on the phone one day. He was out driving at the time and trying to move some money about. The banks security, as per most banks, required the customer to complete some security questions prior to the call centre rep being able to do anything for them. Of course Savage didn't have any of his security answers and was going mental at my wife with the usual "Do you not know who I am" line. She calmly replied that she didn't know who he was as he hadn't been able to verify who he was through the standard security questions and then explained she would have to therefore terminate the call amid much cursing and swearing from Savage! When she got home she said to me "Have you heard of a footballer called Robbie Savage, he's a right c0ck".

:lol:

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

i never said he was messi 

500 odd games in englands top league and nearly 40 cap for his country

thats no bad

He is certainly no Messi !!  -  played  at a time prior to the mass imports of foreign players into the premiership hence the amount of games.

I suppose he has done well for a guy who runs like a drugged up ned in a shinny shell suit  !! 

On 07/04/2016 at 2:12 PM, Jersey Jim said:

I would bet he meant it. He might not be minted but he won't be that short of cash himself.

On 07/04/2016 at 1:00 PM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He said last night, in relation to the salary that Zlatan is looking for to play in EPL, that he himself "was playing in the wrong era". This is Michael Owen who retired 3 years ago and who has a net worth of about £50m. #pauper   

One of the biggest mercenaries in football, all about money for him.