Weekend Scottish fitba - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Scottish fitba

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitiful stuff against a team that have nothing to offer but physical effort

Shocking that we haven't made  a better challenge against the worst Celtic team in history.

never once looked like that we  deserved to  be the. 2nd or even beat team  i.n the league 

33 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Shocking that we haven't made  a better challenge against the worst Celtic team in history.

never once looked like that we  deserved to  be the. 2nd or even beat team  i.n the league 

I would argue your first sentenxe applies to Abereen as well. Despite the fact they have good technical players they don't utilise it and thats down to the manager.

Whats your opinion on McInnes btw? Is he to blame or is it the board?

Fair score would have been 0v0 since Aberdeen looked like they wanted to score but couldn`t while Hearts scored while looking like they`d be delighted with a draw. Lets hope for good of league that promoted team(s) and others that don`t go down see chance to challenge Celtic but playing decent football.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Is that a crowd of Aberdeen fans on the wrong side of the segregation banner??

No, it was the kids that played at half time, they had red tracksuit tops on

8 minutes ago, ironbrew said:

Fair score would have been 0v0 since Aberdeen looked like they wanted to score but couldn`t while Hearts scored while looking like they`d be delighted with a draw. Lets hope for good of league that promoted team(s) and others that don`t go down see chance to challenge Celtic but playing decent football.

What a load of rubbish, great game of football. Two teams going for the win and it could have been  4 1 after 20 minutes. Brilliant 2nd goal for us tonight and Aberdeen just ran out of ideas in the end

46 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Hahahaha, but your not bitter.  Nothing to offer but physical effort????? Ach forget it, can see you are hurting so I'll not add to it, away for another dram

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Aberdeens biggest problem is they play with zero guile and creativity which clearly stems from their manager. Its all about getting it from a to b as quickly as possible. The fact they haven't won the title from us this season will gnaw at them for a long long time, because we are atrocious.

Surprisingly good post. With the exception of Shinnie, Logan and Hayes, we have a team of lads who are decent enough for the most part but when the going gets tough, they turn into a bunch of heartless w@nkers. 

4 hours ago, Rossy said:

Let's not be too hard.

aberdeen will finish 2nd and  Hearts will finish 3rd. Which is where most expected 10 months ago. 

I don't think there were many on here who thought hearts would finish as high as 3rd this season. 

Hopefully both hearts and Aberdeen manage a top three finish next season and the one after. 

Great game of football. Aberdeen should have been out of sight after 25 minutes. A smart move by Neilson moving Nicholson to the right midway through the first half which turned the game. Brilliant play by Jamie Walker to set up the second goal and Juanma finally putting in a performance. A few of the Hearts boys looked stone cold worn out by full time.

And a great atmosphere too. Fair play to the 1500 who travelled down on a Friday night. One of the best away supports who visit. Noisier at the beginning as they were by the end mind you.

As in a few games this season, our inability to kill teams off when we were dominating cost us dear. 

There's nobody to blame for our league challenge dropping away but ourselves.

did someone ask above what our opinion is of Mcinnes ?

daft question. He's still the best manager we've had since.....IMHO....Alex smith, and the result last night doesn't change that.

we were probably a couple of players away from winning the league, which is pretty remarkable when you consider the resources Celtic have.

i think where he's been found most wanting is in cup ties. The draws haven't been all that kind to us, but  Given the team we have, we should be doing much better.

9 hours ago, jock strap said:

McInnes to Tannadice for the Tangerine revival next season ? 

I hated McInnes when he played for us.  His massive wages were symptomatic of everything we did wrong in the late 90s/early 00s.

Would probably accept he is a better manager than he was a player.

12 minutes ago, Rossy said:

As in a few games this season, our inability to kill teams off when we were dominating cost us dear. 

There's nobody to blame for our league challenge dropping away but ourselves.

did someone ask above what our opinion is of Mcinnes ?

daft question. He's still the best manager we've had since.....IMHO....Alex smith, and the result last night doesn't change that.

we were probably a couple of players away from winning the league, which is pretty remarkable when you consider the resources Celtic have.

i think where he's been found most wanting is in cup ties. The draws haven't been all that kind to us, but  Given the team we have, we should be doing much better.

When you say a couple of players away - what players/ positions ? Is it depth of squad that's let you down? 

7 hours ago, Rossy said:

Let's not be too hard.

aberdeen will finish 2nd and  Hearts will finish 3rd. Which is where most expected 10 months ago. 

You're right. I was emotional and a few wines in!  I never thought we'd win the league. However, to be given the opportunity to make things exciting but blow it at every opportunity just angered me.....again!

Edited by SMcoolJ

7 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

You're right. I was emotional! I never thought we'd win the league. However, to be given the opportunity to make things exciting but blow it at every opportunity just angered me.....again!

Aye. The frustrating part is that we gave it away so easily.

we went down without a fight. Pussies. 

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

When you say a couple of players away - what players/ positions ? Is it depth of squad that's let you down? 

Any team that wins a league generally has a midfielder that can score 10 - 12 goals (I realise that might not apply to Celtic this season, I'm not sure).

I thought Kenny McLean might be that player, but McInnes still seems be playing him out of position more often than not. 

A better keeper should be high on our shopping list in the summer. A central defender to replace either Taylor or Reynolds would be nice as well.

If we can get Church to sign, that would be a bonus. His goals have kept us up there over the last 4 or 5 weeks.

Aside from that, McInnes needs to work out how to get the best of our big players....McGinn and Hayes...in 'big' games. McGinn on form is a joy to behold, but too often when it matters (such as last night) he's nowhere to be found. 

We're not far away, but it's frustrating that we can't take the final step in important games. 

Maybe others will say the same but Aberdeen do seem to concede a high percentage of soft/joke goals.

Both last night were very poor as was the case at Motherwell. No team losing goals like that can expect to put in a real challenge. In some respects being 2nd is an achievement when see those sort of goals conceded. 

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

You're right. I was emotional and a few wines in!  I never thought we'd win the league. However, to be given the opportunity to make things exciting but blow it at every opportunity just angered me.....again!

Try being a United fan ! 

3 hours ago, neil r said:

Great game of football. Aberdeen should have been out of sight after 25 minutes. A smart move by Neilson moving Nicholson to the right midway through the first half which turned the game. Brilliant play by Jamie Walker to set up the second goal and Juanma finally putting in a performance. A few of the Hearts boys looked stone cold worn out by full time.

And a great atmosphere too. Fair play to the 1500 who travelled down on a Friday night. One of the best away supports who visit. Noisier at the beginning as they were by the end mind you.

Walker did well to get his cross in but te Aberdeen defender needs shooting. He assumed the ball was going out and didn't bother trying to put a block in. If he'd put in the same effort as Walker he'd have blocked the cross.

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Walker did well to get his cross in but te Aberdeen defender needs shooting. He assumed the ball was going out and didn't bother trying to put a block in. If he'd put in the same effort as Walker he'd have blocked the cross.

Why did we take a quick free kick when Shinnie was helping Taylor with his cramp problem? That is worse than schoolboy stuff.