What Games Are You Going To See? - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Games Are You Going To See?

DoonTheSlope

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2016 at 7:34 AM, hannibal smith said:

Few of us got tickets for three games and we got landed with Ukraine v Northern Ireland in Lyon, Czech Rep v Croatia in St Etienne and Iceland v Hungary in Marseille. 

I'm also going to the Ukraine vs NI and Iceland vs Hungary games, with a trip to Nice for the Spain vs Turkey game the day in between. 

What's your route to Lyon? We fly from Edinburgh to Lyon, via Brussels on Wednesday 15th June. Was about the only economical route to Lyon i could find! 

Edited by Parklife

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm also going to the Ukraine vs NI and Iceland vs Hungary games, with a trip to Nice for the Spain vs Turkey game the day in between. 

What's your route to Lyon? We fly from Edinburgh to Lyon, via Brussels on Wednesday 15th June. Was about the only economical route to Lyon i could find! 

We booked Edinburgh to Lyon with easyjet early on wed and then  train from Marseille to Paris on the Sunday and Paris back to Edinburgh with easyjet later that day. Both were booked before the draw in December 

13 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

We booked Edinburgh to Lyon with easyjet early on wed and then  train from Marseille to Paris on the Sunday and Paris back to Edinburgh with easyjet later that day. Both were booked before the draw in December 

The Easyjet flight was a fortune when i went to book (around Christmas time). Hence the via brussels route. We're also back to Paris on the Sunday by train, we're flying with Transavia to Edinburgh from Orly. 

• 2 weeks later...

I bust a gut trying to get a variety of tickets but I'm stuck with my one. It's not a bad one though - quarter final at Stade de France.  Tried to figure who it might be and if it goes to form I reckon it'll be France v Russia. 

Sounds like there will be a wee Scottish contingent at the Ukraine v Northern Ireland game in Lyon.

Going to Russia v Slovakia the day before. Now the small problem of getting from Lille to Lyon...

Thinking head into Paris after the game in Lille and watch the France game then can either get a night bus down to Lyon or wait until the morning and pay through the nose for the TGV. Havent seen anything about any plans for free public transport or anything - anyone seen / heard anything?

Planning on staying the weekend as well and hopefully pick up some more tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the dream double - Iceland v Hungary in Marseille & Romania v Albania in Lyon. Fly to Lyon on the Friday night, train down & back to Marseille on the Saturday, fly back on the Monday. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

Just the the one for me, luckily enough to get tickets for the Germany v Poland game at the Stade de France

Also had tickets for the Romania v Albania game and somehow someone was desperate enough to pay €145 for a ticket

I'm also at this one! Driving over. Watching England v Wales in a pub in Paris somewhere.

10 minutes ago, Haitch said:

I'm also at this one! Driving over. Watching England v Wales in a pub in Paris somewhere.

I'm planning on maybe watching it in the Eiffel Tower fan zone before making my way to the stade de France 

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm planning on maybe watching it in the Eiffel Tower fan zone before making my way to the stade de France 

Yeah good shout. We'll the in the kilts / Poland tops!

For those of you going to Lyon, the stadium is magnificent but the transport links to it are an absolute mess. Plan on leaving 1.5-2 hours before the game and plan your sharp exit after the game quite well or you won't get back to town until well after midnight like I did last night.

Been lucky enough to get tickets for the dress rehearsal for the final between Iceland and Hungary on Saturday. Weather looks a bit dodge for the Thursday but very much looking forward to it.