Andy Robertson - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andy Robertson

jock strap

Big noises down here about Man Utd being in contact with Hull City about signing him in the summer. 

Dont know how factual it is but already read a few times this year that Man Utd and Arsenal seem interested in him.

I think Man United would be a great move for him. 

Anyone else read or believe and what's the opinion if it is true ?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our players should stay away from the top English clubs where they, to be honest, aren't good enough to get a game.

Same with the David Marshall to Arsenal link - Back up keeper.

Playing for a good level EPL team is fine but really none of our players are good enough to be playing for EPL teams challenging for C League places.

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Our players should stay away from the top English clubs where they, to be honest, aren't good enough to get a game.

Playing for a good level EPL team is fine but really none of our players are good enough to be playing for EPL teams challenging for C League places.

Not many players would turn down the chance to play for one of the top sides in England, and with the increase in wages, playing at a higher standard, and with better players, would benefit Scotland.

the problem is if they are not playing - not match fit and shows in international football.  

In the last 10 - 15 years we have had plenty of players who have moved to 'good level EPL teams', achieve very little but pick up a decent wage. They are very rarely exposed to european competition which stifles their development if they stay at your Hulls, Sunderlands etc.

If Man Utd are in for Robertson (And i don't think they are), he should be encouraged as should every scottish player to play at the highest level. The only way the national team is going to improve is by our players playing at the highest level rather than floundering in the championship or bottom half of the premiership

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

You really hate Scottish football dont you? 

15 hours ago, Mox said:

In the last 10 - 15 years we have had plenty of players who have moved to 'good level EPL teams', achieve very little but pick up a decent wage. They are very rarely exposed to european competition which stifles their development if they stay at your Hulls, Sunderlands etc.

If Man Utd are in for Robertson (And i don't think they are), he should be encouraged as should every scottish player to play at the highest level. The only way the national team is going to improve is by our players playing at the highest level rather than floundering in the championship or bottom half of the premiership

Well he isn't going to be 'playing' at the highest level watching Man Utd from the stands is he.

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

"Hi Andrew, Man U here, wanna join us?"

"thanks but I don't think I'm good enough"

Yes clearly he would go if he had the chance, very amusing anecdote.

Doesn't change the facts that;

1) They most likely don't want him - Our papers love to link a player with a big club ala Steven Fletcher Real Madrid, David Marshall Arsenal etc etc
2) If the highly unlikely event of Man Utd wanting him was true he would rarely get a game and it would be negative for the national team

Putting aside the fact that he isn't good enough for Man Utd. He isn't even a nailed on starter for Scotland!

1) They most likely don't want him - Our papers love to link a player with a big club ala Steven Fletcher Real Madrid, David Marshall Arsenal etc etc
2) If the highly unlikely event of Man Utd wanting him was true he would rarely get a game and it would be negative for the national team

Putting aside the fact that he isn't good enough for Man Utd. He isn't even a nailed on starter for Scotland!

It isn't just Scottish papers. It was all over papers down here a few months back with Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and City all having him watched. Bruce came out and said they'd have to pay £30 million for him and compared him to Shaw (who isn't nearly as good as Robertson )

"Facts"

Squirrelhumper is spot on. Too many idiots hate our game. Years of being conditioned into the "Scottish fitba' is pish" attitude. For too long our players have not had the balls to test theirselves at higher levels. Look at players like Barry Ferguson for example. The pish that he was homesick. Give me bloody strength. That little pussy could've hired a chaffeur to drive him home every week if he missed the Weeg so bad. 

On April 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Mox said:

Good post. 

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Squirrelhumper is spot on. Too many idiots hate our game. Years of being conditioned into the "Scottish fitba' is pish" attitude. For too long our players have not had the balls to test theirselves at higher levels. Look at players like Barry Ferguson for example. The pish that he was homesick. Give me bloody strength. That little pussy could've hired a chaffeur to drive him home every week if he missed the Weeg so bad. 

It IS pish. The fact our national side haven't qualified for anything since 98 and our club sides regularly get pumped out of Europe 3 qualifying rounds before even the first round tells you our game is indeed pish. 

I grew up watching Aberdeen beat Real Madrid, Dundee United beat Barcelona home AND away, Scotland qualify for multiple consecutive tournaments and several Scottish players lifting the European Cup every other year. I don't need someone to 'condition' me to say our game is crap when I go on a Saturday and really wish I had been dragged around IKEA instead. 

I agree about Barry Ferguson though. 

16 hours ago, Jagtag said:

It isn't just Scottish papers. It was all over papers down here a few months back with Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and City all having him watched. Bruce came out and said they'd have to pay £30 million for him and compared him to Shaw (who isn't nearly as good as Robertson )

Shaw is better than Robertson

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Shaw is better than Robertson

Not in a million years. Even Manc fans I know think he's a waste of money and think he'll be punted when a new manager comes in. Whether they replace him with Robertson remains to be seen.