Andy Robertson - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andy Robertson

jock strap

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

don't draw attention to this. Proudscot presenting wildly skewed subjective opinion as "fact" is one of my few remaining pleasures on this Board. 

Ah Yes, Scottish fringe player playing in the championship is now good enough for Man Utd. My mistake...

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Ah Yes, Scottish fringe player playing in the championship is now good enough for Man Utd. My mistake...

Yeah and a English non league player 4 years ago, is now one of the top English strikers, and team is top of the EPL. 

11 hours ago, Ormond said:

Squirrelhumper is spot on. Too many idiots hate our game. Years of being conditioned into the "Scottish fitba' is pish" attitude. For too long our players have not had the balls to test theirselves at higher levels. Look at players like Barry Ferguson for example. The pish that he was homesick. Give me bloody strength. That little pussy could've hired a chaffeur to drive him home every week if he missed the Weeg so bad. 

Wee Baz doesn't stay in the Weeg. Fellow South Lanarkshire country bumpkin like my good self!

Anyway, how would Robertson know if he was good enough for Man Utd without going there and having the chance to progress. Many thought Fletcher wasn't good enough then he ended up a fans' favourite.

6 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Wee Baz doesn't stay in the Weeg. Fellow South Lanarkshire country bumpkin like my good self!

Anyway, how would Robertson know if he was good enough for Man Utd without going there and having the chance to progress. Many thought Fletcher wasn't good enough then he ended up a fans' favourite.

You're spot on too. Scots now have the "We're too wee, too stupid, no' good enough" mentality. It's drained the winner out of us as a nation. We are now full of idiots like that Proudscot. Proud? Aye, it looks like it. 

I want to see our young lads aim as high as they can go.

14 minutes ago, Ormond said:

You're spot on too. Scots now have the "We're too wee, too stupid, no' good enough" mentality. It's drained the winner out of us as a nation. We are now full of idiots like that Proudscot. Proud? Aye, it looks like it. 

I want to see our young lads aim as high as they can go.

Lol

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Lol

I don't know you but the way you come across on here is as someone who's always saying Scottish teams/players/football in general are pish. Yet you go on about no-mark foreigners in the english 2nd and 3rd division as if they are brilliant. 

48 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It's a sign of how poor our game is when people are clinging onto the hope that Robertson is actually a class act .

He's not. 

At the same time he is probably the nearest thing we have, assuming he progresses as you would expect a boy at that age to.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

I'd love to see any of our young players playing for a top EPL side and Robertson may well do it

I have to say though that after going over to Prague a few weeks back I thought that he looked out of form and passed the ball straight to the opposition on numerous occasions 

I'm not one to knock out top talent  but I do wonder if he's good enough sadly 

20 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don't know you but the way you come across on here is as someone who's always saying Scottish teams/players/football in general are pish. Yet you go on about no-mark foreigners in the english 2nd and 3rd division as if they are brilliant. 

Scottish domestic football is pish I am afraid

1 hour ago, Scotunited said:

care to elaborate? Or just repeating something that a big boy told you? 

Scottish teams do nothing in Europe and there is barely any international players of any note in the league.The worst Celtic team ever will still probably win the SPL and apart from Aberdeen and Hearts the rest of the league is so far behind it is embarrassing. Players that look good for other teams in the SPL aren't even good enough to get of the bench for the aforementioned "worst" ever Celtic team. The only hope we have is with players who left Scottish football in there teens and bypassed the so called development they would acquire by playing regular Scottish top flight football.

Scottish domestic football is truly pish and if you don't believe that try watching a game.

Scottish football 2016 is probably on a par with the Highland League in the 1970's

29 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Scottish teams do nothing in Europe and there is barely any international players of any note in the league.The worst Celtic team ever will still probably win the SPL and apart from Aberdeen and Hearts the rest of the league is so far behind it is embarrassing. Players that look good for other teams in the SPL aren't even good enough to get of the bench for the aforementioned "worst" ever Celtic team. The only hope we have is with players who left Scottish football in there teens and bypassed the so called development they would acquire by playing regular Scottish top flight football.

Scottish domestic football is truly pish and if you don't believe that try watching a game.

Scottish football 2016 is probably on a par with the Highland League in the 1970's

Can't argue with the most of that. (sadly).

The standard domestically and at international level is at an all time low.

47 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Yeah, and most people will do like you do and deride the Scottish game, while being up in arms at any thought of changing things.  Comparing the Scottish game to any of the leagues or internationals you watch on sky,BT is pointless. 

What is the solution ? Because next season everything is great again apparently, Celtic will be challenged for the league and the ugly sisters will be able to battle out the bigot fest once more- that is all anyone really cares about.  

How come other similar size countries can generate some sort of success domestically and internationally? It comes down to desire to change and most people are happy to watch Scotland struggle - it gives them something to feel good about. I honestly believe that some people want Scotland to lose, as it will reaffirm their options about certain players and managers.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Re above quote just read that 3 scots in Swansea under 21s today that beat strong Arsenal team including Wilshere and Rosicky. King scored and Fulton and Kingsley played. Should our young lads be going down south or overseas at young age to develop?

3 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Re above quote just read that 3 scots in Swansea under 21s today that beat strong Arsenal team including Wilshere and Rosicky. King scored and Fulton and Kingsley played. Should our young lads be going down south or overseas at young age to develop?

No. They should just listen to Proudscot. They should accept that they are awful and resign theirselves to lower league fitba'. Why? Because Scottish fitba' is pish. :rolleyes: