Andy Robertson - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andy Robertson

jock strap

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, henry george said:

I thought Robertson was quite poor defensively last night - definitely at fault for the Wolves goal.  He did look quite good in possession and on the occasional foray forward though.

I still maintain he is never a defender and would be better suited in midfield.

18 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Funny how you cherry pick bits you disagree with and ignore others. Well done Aberdeen and St Johnstone but my attack was more against Celtic who despite being by far the best in Scotland can't compete in Europe. "Most teams try and play passing attractive football" there's one word in there that should have been underlined and in bold. I agree that my ridiculous hyperbole does not do my argument any favours I just can't help myself some times. However to "deride" the opinions of another by claiming they have spelled SPL wrong or asking how many games they go to or what the budget of an  Kazakhstan football club is a bit weak.

I take it you also go to a lot of games out side the SPL to validate you opinions

I go to the odd Caley, County or Celtic game if in the area but not often I do however watch football on the telly were it is much easier to compare and I also listen to the views of others who have been attending games for upwards of 40 years. 

Perhaps you should talk to and listen to other people and show some respect for their views no matter how far they are from yours

I didn't cherry pick anything, i simply responded. 

Deriding your opinion that our teams have embarrassed themselves in Europe is fair cop when you have no idea about the teams they've lost to or their budgets. 

I attemd a lot of football. This year I've attended games in the SPFL premiership, Scottish cup, league cup, SPFL championship, English premier league, la liga, nudes liga, champions league and Europa league. So, yeah, I'm pretty confident that I'm aware of relative standards better than someone who watches football on the telly. :) 

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

It would be an interesting experiment, didn't do Christian Bale any harm!  I think Robbo's a good player but I would be a bit worried about him going to the likes of United where they want the finished article.  I'm not sure he is the finished article yet, he is prone to mistakes and wherever he ends up I would hope it would be somewhere were he can improve and fulfil his undoubted potential.  My fears would be him just being a benchwarmer or losing concentration, making some sloppy costly pass and ending up being the fans boo boy.

43 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

It would be an interesting experiment, didn't do Christian Bale any harm!  I think Robbo's a good player but I would be a bit worried about him going to the likes of United where they want the finished article.  I'm not sure he is the finished article yet, he is prone to mistakes and wherever he ends up I would hope it would be somewhere were he can improve and fulfil his undoubted potential.  My fears would be him just being a benchwarmer or losing concentration, making some sloppy costly pass and ending up being the fans boo boy.

Particularly strong in his Batman roles IMO.

8 hours ago, henry george said:

I thought Robertson was quite poor defensively last night - definitely at fault for the Wolves goal.  He did look quite good in possession and on the occasional foray forward though.

Thought Robertson was one of the better players last night and goal apart play okay, interesting that sky had chosen to interview him after the match with snodgrass, normally to that with players who has been decent

10 hours ago, macy37 said:

Your not a million miles away, put kierney left back with robertson on front , the afore mention can defend/tackle but also overlap and Robertson can attack but can also defend.

Both players can deliver !!!!

This is for Scotland not for club

45 minutes ago, wellyman said:

Your not a million miles away, put kierney left back with robertson on front , the afore mention can defend/tackle but also overlap and Robertson can attack but can also defend.

Both players can deliver !!!!

This is for Scotland not for club

Seen him few times live this season and each game he has been terrific going forward but not great at the defending.