Craig Burley re the "old firm" - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Craig Burley re the "old firm"

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why would anyone listen to a word that cretin says? Even amongst thick footballers he was always the stupid one.

aye, that he might be,,,,,  But he is also the last SCOTLAND player to score in a world cup finals.... 

Hopefully a record that he loses soon

41 minutes ago, stocky said:

aye, that he might be,,,,,  But he is also the last SCOTLAND player to score in a world cup finals.... 

Hopefully a record that he loses soon

That's one of the more embarrassing stats associated with the Scotland team.

11 hours ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

He didn't know about 9 in a row? What a load of attention seeking pish from a man who loves talking Scottish football down.

This. 

Is it true that Burley posts on here as Proud Scot?

One of the 'best' interviews of his was when he went on SSN after the SFA sacked his uncle.

He was asked how George had taken the news and replied he didn't know as he doesn't speak with him "day to day, month to month or even year to year..."

14 hours ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

He didn't know about 9 in a row? What a load of attention seeking pish from a man who loves talking Scottish football down.

Scathing comment from the most placid person I know...  It was kinda sexy :wub:

I don't believe for a second that he didn't know about 9 in a row.

I imagine that would have been raised during his contract offer to sign for Celtic ? 

It's either a very honest account or a very bizarre one. 

3 hours ago, Lamia said:

I couldn't give two hoots about the OF game either but having said that what and utter @rse Burley is. 

Looks likely he suffers from the cringe too. 

The entire Scottish football media wheelin out dalglish, souness and various"old firm legends" to spout its the biggest/best derby in world football is even more cringe worthy if anything