Snodgrass - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snodgrass

Squirrelhumper

2 hours ago, borojock said:

Excited about him being a big part of the next campaign I think we missed him last campaign massively. Its also good to see he's returned the same player often and understandable players out for that long don't come back the same player.

:ok:

3 hours ago, borojock said:

Excited about him being a big part of the next campaign I think we missed him last campaign massively. Its also good to see he's returned the same player often and understandable players out for that long don't come back the same player.

Hull certainly missed him last season, i don't think they would have gone down had he been fit last season.

Easily our best player just now.

In Prague when Strachan moved him to play in the number 10 position behind the striker, we looked instantly better. We were under the cosh, but he moved into the centre and made himself available for passes, won free kicks, secured possession, and lo and behold we started making chances.

Forget Naismith (who's in poor form anyway just now), Snodgrass HAS to play there.

On 4/16/2016 at 11:20 PM, Dave78 said:

Easily our best player just now.

In Prague when Strachan moved him to play in the number 10 position behind the striker, we looked instantly better. We were under the cosh, but he moved into the centre and made himself available for passes, won free kicks, secured possession, and lo and behold we started making chances.

Forget Naismith (who's in poor form anyway just now), Snodgrass HAS to play there.

Agreed

On 22 April 2016 at 0:54 PM, Jagtag said:

And that would benifit Scotland in what way?

Champions league football. The championship in England will not test players for international footbal.

scotland were at the most successful in 2007 ish when Celtic and Rangers were competing in Europe.

Since when did Celtic play champions league football? 

Hull in play off spots so could be playing against champions league level players and teams next season in the EPL 

Celtic simply aren't geared for a proper crack at the CL and if they did get in next season they will be lucky to get 3rd in their group and only play 4 quality games and another 2 could be against a minow. Then you play against dross for the rest of the season in the Spl which is affectively the league of Ireland.

The guaranteed 20 fixtures that you'd play in the EPL against the top 10 in that league is just way more competitive in a full season.Tottenham Chelsea, liverpool, Man U, city, arsenal all full of players that will have played CL football at some point and even West Ham and Leicester full of top quality players.

12 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Champions league football. The championship in England will not test players for international footbal.

scotland were at the most successful in 2007 ish when Celtic and Rangers were competing in Europe.

And competing against each other. Laughed as much as most people when they got demoted but would we have qualified for euro's if that competitive edge had remained in Scottish football. Much posted about Scott Browns demise on here and the lack of progress by others. Just saying.

Any way that was 2007, this is now and Scottish club football is dead, every one should play anywhere other than here

Snodgrass seemed to have a good game yesterday on the highlights of the game I think he will bring an exciting edge to the team for the next campaign

Personally I think the English championship is a better and more testing league for our players to be playing in rather than the SPL and I hate saying that. I think there is better grounds, training grounds, managers, coaches, players and teams in the championship than the SPL. Only my personal opinion though.

47 minutes ago, borojock said:

Personally I think the English championship is a better and more testing league for our players to be playing in rather than the SPL and I hate saying that. I think there is better grounds, training grounds, managers, coaches, players and teams in the championship than the SPL. Only my personal opinion though.

There is no doubt it. The Championship is a very good league and the standard is higher that the Scottish Premier League in pretty much every measure. 

It really is time for the SFL to do something revolutionary to try and stop the rot in what becoming a stagnant league

I really think it would benefit the national team (perhaps not some of the clubs but I care more about the national team) to have 16 clubs in there with Rangers, Hibs, Falkirk and St Mirren all capable enough of preforming in the league as well as a couple of other clubs

I would even go as far as saying the English championship is a more competitive league than the premiership. Certainly better than the SPL OK so no European football but tough matches almost every week

58 minutes ago, borojock said:

It really is time for the SFL to do something revolutionary to try and stop the rot in what becoming a stagnant league

I really think it would benefit the national team (perhaps not some of the clubs but I care more about the national team) to have 16 clubs in there with Rangers, Hibs, Falkirk and St Mirren all capable enough of preforming in the league as well as a couple of other clubs

But we need wur 4 old firm games every season as its vital to Scottish football as its the greatest derby in world football frankly.  It's important that none of the diddy clubs challenge wur dominance so less of them in the league ther better.

1 hour ago, borojock said:

Doubt it very much if increasing the league size would help.  Would be revolutionary if Scotland got independence left the EU abolished the free movement of labour and only allowed Scotsmen to play in it.