EU Referendum - Page 21 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guest flumax
4 hours ago, Flora MaDonald said:

Brewer nearly had a fit interviewing Nicola this morning.

I still don't understand how in his hypothetical nationalist position he doesn't understand why a differential is needed between rUK and Scotland wrt to remain:leave to move towards another indyref. 

15 minutes ago, flumax said:

I still don't understand how in his hypothetical nationalist position he doesn't understand why a differential is needed between rUK and Scotland wrt to remain:leave to move towards another indyref. 

He does

BBC Scotland were just trying to find an angle to attack the SNP

Thats why the Conservative MSP that was interviewed after spent most of his discussion talking about the SNP and SNP party members

Totally agree, I though Sturgeon was going to start laughing at him at one point  

The Tory had to get onto something he understood, he clearly didn't understand - of wasn't able to articulate - any of the arguments on the EU. 

6 hours ago, stocky said:

What about Isle off Manners?  obviouslyy are UK citz but not EU citz.....  

Tenereefers  are Spanish but not EU?  

Channel Islands ?  

The French colonies  ?  

No the IOM Is not In the UK at all. And despite not being Part of the uk they still get to use the pound. Osborne obvIously hasnt heard of them

Guest flumax
22 minutes ago, buckielugger said:

No the IOM Is not In the UK at all. And despite not being Part of the uk they still get to use the pound. Osborne obvIously hasnt heard of them

Does it not also have full fiscal autonomy? 

5 minutes ago, neilser said:

Sayeeda Warsi has just jumped ship from Leave to Remain.

Not quite sure why it's taken it this long for her to realise Leave has been playing the xenophobia card from the outset.

Maybe because she has never been part of the leave camp .............

12 minutes ago, neilser said:

Sayeeda Warsi has just jumped ship from Leave to Remain.

Not quite sure why it's taken it this long for her to realise Leave has been playing the xenophobia card from the outset.

What an idiotic statement

14 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

The bloke who made the Neville Chamberlain comparison has certainly pissed Cameron off to the point where he is actually coming across with some passion for a change.

Thought Cameron did pretty well last night from what I saw. I'm starting to feel more confident of a remain victory.

3 months ago my father-in-law (an SNP member) was an undecided who was determined to weigh the issues and try to make an informed decision.

Now he's a committed 'Leave', and all he talks about is immigration, immigration, immigration. When I asked him what happened to his determination to make a reasoned decision, he turns the conversation round to the issue of 'these people' within 20 seconds.

Nothing else matters, and I can guarantee there are plenty all over the country who agree with him.

I don't know why I should be so stunned that this clear as day, dog whistle racism and xenophobia from the Leave campaign should have such an effect...but I still am. 

It's nothing less that the base politics of Germany in the 1930's....find a bogeyman, then keep on blaming him for everything. 

Does anyone remember a similar thing to this around 10 years ago in Sweden when they were having a Referendum with regards to adopting the Euro, where Anna Lindh - a politician, was stabbed to death?

Still voted to keep the Krona though.

Edited by Coldo

14 minutes ago, Coldo said:

Does anyone remember a similar thing to this around 10 years ago in Sweden when they were having a Referendum with regards to adopting the Euro, where Anna Lindh - a politician, was stabbed to death?

Still voted to keep the Krona though.

That was discussed on GMS this morning.

"find a bogeyman, then keep on blaming him for everything."

Is the penny going to drop? If you spend decades talking about betrayal, injustice and "them" ( fill this in where appropriate) then it pollutes the whole political discourse. Everything is someone else's fault and only 1 side can save the day. Look on this board how people use membership of SNP like some moral standing. The immigration card is natural for Leave.

I'd class myself as euro sceptic and was a soft Remain hoping to be swayed for Leave but now I'm campaigning for Remain due to the flag waving, the dog whistles and the no credible economic plan.

My father in law also voting to leave due to immigration. He has never had a passport. Never left the UK. Where he lives it is 99% white like most of Scotland. Immigrants are paying his pension.

Done my postal vote over a week ago, voting to leave, made my decision a while ago.  Am a SNP and independence campaigner but think we are well off out the EU.

5 minutes ago, Geed said:

Done my postal vote over a week ago, voting to leave, made my decision a while ago.  Am a SNP and independence campaigner but think we are well off out the EU.

I hear your a big racist now Geed ?

28 minutes ago, Alan said:

"find a bogeyman, then keep on blaming him for everything."

Is the penny going to drop? If you spend decades talking about betrayal, injustice and "them" ( fill this in where appropriate) then it pollutes the whole political discourse. Everything is someone else's fault and only 1 side can save the day. Look on this board how people use membership of SNP like some moral standing. The immigration card is natural for Leave.

I'd class myself as euro sceptic and was a soft Remain hoping to be swayed for Leave but now I'm campaigning for Remain due to the flag waving, the dog whistles and the no credible economic plan.

Decent post Alan until you display the stereo typical behaviour of not being able to make a political point without trying to ridicule the snp or anyone who supports them. Unfortunately it detracts from the point you are trying to make which is a good one and applies across the political divide.