EU Referendum - Page 27 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Ask someone what is wrong with "countries like Albania and Turkey" and they spit the dummy because they can't justify their stance. :unsure: 

Turkey is great, im going on saturday just gutted they didnt make it to the next round

21 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Not that you are asking me but any excuse.

From a purely selfish point of view almost everything says vote Remain. Yet still I would vote Leave.

I think the EU started as a great idea a common market where we all get richer but has now been hi-jacked by whanks with a let's disolve nation states philosophy (and form this big weird euro fukk knows what). The behaviour of Germany to Greece shows this is not a community. Everyone who joined the euro must be thinking feck what a mistake how do we ever get out of this 'club' now? It is still a good idea but as a common market not a common nation.

The EU is completely different from the Euro currency.

However, even given that pressure has been exerted on the likes of Greece, it's important to remember that the shambles that they're in is nothing to do with the EU.....it's purely due to generations of criminal mismanagement of the country. 

What the EU/ECB has done has forced the likes of Greece to act like a responsible European country in the 21st century. Without that pressure, the Greeks were going to keep on doing as they have done for 300 years....screw their people over by refusing to act responsibly and by devaluing their currency (again).

The Greeks have been a chaotic basket case for as long as time has existed. The only mistake the EU/ECB has made was to try and help them in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

The EU is completely different from the Euro currency.

However, even given that pressure has been exerted on the likes of Greece, it's important to remember that the shambles that they're in is nothing to do with the EU.....it's purely due to generations of criminal mismanagement of the country. 

What the EU/ECB has done has forced the likes of Greece to act like a responsible European country in the 21st century. Without that pressure, the Greeks were going to keep on doing as they have done for 300 years....screw their people over by refusing to act responsibly and by devaluing their currency (again).

The Greeks have been a chaotic basket case for as long as time has existed. The only mistake the EU/ECB has made was to try and help them in the first place.

Greece was humiliated

It's public assets were sold and the people impoverished

The EU disregarded the wishes of the Greek people in not one but two general elections and then a referendum

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Greece was humiliated

It's public assets were sold and the people impoverished

The EU disregarded the wishes of the Greek people in not one but two general elections and then a referendum

Did you actually read Rossy's post? Or maybe you salivate when the bell rings.

3 minutes ago, andymac said:

Did you actually read Rossy's post? Or maybe you salivate when the bell rings.

Anything worthwhile to contribute or is personal abuse your only attribute ?

And yes

His post could have been taken from an extreme right wing handbook but maybe you cant see it ?

Edited by Ally Bongo

51 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Not that you are asking me but any excuse.

From a purely selfish point of view almost everything says vote Remain. Yet still I would vote Leave.

I think the EU started as a great idea a common market where we all get richer but has now been hi-jacked by whanks with a let's disolve nation states philosophy (and form this big weird euro fukk knows what). The behaviour of Germany to Greece shows this is not a community. Everyone who joined the euro must be thinking feck what a mistake how do we ever get out of this 'club' now? It is still a good idea but as a common market not a common nation.

It's like car pooling a great idea, till you have group up, one of them always reeks of drink, the other has a dodgy motor, another drives like Mansell, and the last is totally skint and is due you 2 months petrol money. However it might still be better/safer than the bus.

It's a shite choice to have to make.

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

And yes

His post could have been taken from an extreme right wing handbook but maybe you cant see it ?

Personal abuse? Where was that?

So Greece agreed to join a club with rules, which they then ignored. They weren't voting to exit the club and take the consequences but were voting to stay in and ignore the rules.

That is not right wing nor can I believe you are levelling right wing accusations at Rossy. FFS He is more like Lenin than Hardy.

29 minutes ago, andymac said:

Personal abuse? Where was that?

So Greece agreed to join a club with rules, which they then ignored. They weren't voting to exit the club and take the consequences but were voting to stay in and ignore the rules.

That is not right wing nor can I believe you are levelling right wing accusations at Rossy. FFS He is more like Lenin than Hardy.

Salivating when the bell rings ?

I think you and Rossy should do a bit of research of how Greece got into such a mess.

It wasnt all down to generations of political mismanagement

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/greek-debt-crisis-goldman-sachs-could-be-sued-for-helping-country-hide-debts-when-it-joined-euro-10381926.html

Two years ago almost everyone on here was disgusted with the EU treatment of Greece but two days before the EU referendum it seems it can all be rewritten or justified ?

It isnt the ordinary greek people who are responsible for the state their country is in but is they who must be punished and suffer by forcing decades of horrendous austerity on them so the EU project doesnt fail ?

If thats not right wing i dont know what is

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/6323/greece_continues_to_be_punished_by_the_eu

Edited by Ally Bongo

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Salivating when the bell rings ?

I think you and Rossy should do a bit of research of how Greece got into such a mess.

It wasnt all down to generations of political mismanagement

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/greek-debt-crisis-goldman-sachs-could-be-sued-for-helping-country-hide-debts-when-it-joined-euro-10381926.html

Two years ago almost everyone on here was disgusted with the EU treatment of Greece but two days before the EU referendum it seems it can all be rewritten or justified ?

It isnt the ordinary greek people who are responsible for the state their country is in but is they who must be punished and suffer by forcing decades of horrendous austerity on them so the EU project doesnt fail ?

If thats not right wing i dont know what is

Really does that meet your criteria of abuse?

The Greek people voted for their government, their government played the rules and lost, quite rightly.

I have no idea what most people here thought, I can only read what the most vocal people write.

The fact remains that Greece borrowed too much. It was ####ed and wanted to remain in the club and therefore has to play by the rules. They could have voted to exit but didn't.

Still waiting to hear one Leave voter explain how the numbers that the campaign are putting out actually stack up.

In my opinion they're just utter lies which basically calls into question every other thing the Leave campaign have said.

The racism in their campaign is so similar to 30s Nazi propaganda it's disgusting and yet apparently educated and rational people are buying into their shite.

Nobody is claiming the EU is perfect but if it's a choice between it and trusting bare faced liars like Johnson, Gove and Farage then I'll be voting Remain. 

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

They are not out yet.

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

In fact, I think there is a good chance they will go through.

I thought they were done, ill have another wee gander just now. To be fair I was just assuming theor goal diff would let them down

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Still waiting to hear one Leave voter explain how the numbers that the campaign are putting out actually stack up.

In my opinion they're just utter lies which basically calls into question every other thing the Leave campaign have said.

The racism in their campaign is so similar to 30s Nazi propaganda it's disgusting and yet apparently educated and rational people are buying into their shite.

Nobody is claiming the EU is perfect but if it's a choice between it and trusting bare faced liars like Johnson, Gove and Farage then I'll be voting Remain. 

I'd argue numbers from both sides are forecasts and not fact. Remain has its fair share of untrustworthy people.

28 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

As long as Sweden and Ireland don't win, the Turks are through.

Also if Hungary beat Portugal. The result in the other Group F game doesn't matter as long as Hungary beat Portugal.

Edited by Orraloon

9 hours ago, Kirk said:

Turkey is great, im going on saturday just gutted they didnt make it to the next round

Yup, been 5 or 6 times myself. Where you heading?

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Irony alert... Actually, that's unfair, you also like to post youtube videos. 

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I haven't been following either mainstream campaign, but I'd stake my life that not one single person representing either side has spoken the truth, not a single person.

You lambaste the leave campaign, which I'm sure you're absolutely right to do, but you seem to be in the opinion that the remain campaign, which contains some of the most corrupt people in the world is somehow more just.

19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Also if Hungary beat Portugal. The result in the other Group F game doesn't matter as long as Hungary beat Portugal.

If both games are a draw then Turkey are out. If portugal draw and iceland draw or either team wins then turkey are out. As far as I can see so personally I think the turks are ####ed

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yup, been 5 or 6 times myself. Where you heading?

Headed to Sarigerme wee quiet AI effort with the gf. Nice and close to the airport too :) did Hisaronu the last time which we really enjoyed too. 

11 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Headed to Sarigerme wee quiet AI effort with the gf. Nice and close to the airport too :) did Hisaronu the last time which we really enjoyed too. 

Enjoy. I'm only familiar with the west of the country, so haven't heard of it before. 

47 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

I haven't been following either mainstream campaign, but I'd stake my life that not one single person representing either side has spoken the truth, not a single person.

You lambaste the leave campaign, which I'm sure you're absolutely right to do, but you seem to be in the opinion that the remain campaign, which contains some of the most corrupt people in the world is somehow more just.

Both campaigns have been hideous. Its as if their only tactics are who can scare the UK population the most into voting for them. I will be voting remain and my mind was made up a long time ago, partly due to thinking that if you always take the opposite stance to Boris, Farage, the BNP and David Icke then you will never be far off making the morally correct decision. However its almost comical sitting on the outside with mind made up and seeing Remain headlines like leaving EU could lead to WW3 and 300,000 jobs gone here, bread will be double the price etc. As said, almost comical if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.