EU Referendum - Page 34 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lassie in work asked how I was voting, told her remain, she said she was voting to leave. She asked me why, so I asked her why, her response amazed me. She watched something on TV that said unless we voted to leave, there would be 50 million immigrants coming here in October, yes 50 million. I laughed and asked where they were coming from, she said all over, not one specific place, I asked her to clarify that a bit, she said Africa. I walked away contemplating why people can be so utterly idiotic.

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Lassie in work asked how I was voting, told her remain, she said she was voting to leave. She asked me why, so I asked her why, her response amazed me. She watched something on TV that said unless we voted to leave, there would be 50 million immigrants coming here in October, yes 50 million. I laughed and asked where they were coming from, she said all over, not one specific place, I asked her to clarify that a bit, she said Africa. I walked away contemplating why people can be so utterly idiotic.

If most of them came to Scotland think of the team we could have!

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

If most of them came to Scotland think of the team we could have!

:lol: Great reason to stay. We must be one of the countries with the lowest percentage of immigrants in Europe, cant blame people though, why would anyone pick a cold wet miserable place, and thats just the summer.

1 hour ago, mariokempes56 said:

It does (minus the passion - well certainly where I am living), Very odd.

Not that odd. The folk with passion for change are the most vociferous as they are "fighting for their beliefs".  

The silent majority just want the status quo. I think it'll be roughly the same as the Indy Ref result in that respect. 

30 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I walked away contemplating why people can be so utterly idiotic.

It can be seriously eye-opening the general ignorance - and I include my own - how little people know about European institutions

Apart from the EU, what about those on police, security, law, human rigths, space agency, etc etc - how many people know which of these are anything to do with the EU and which are not? So people who 'like Europe'' will be in favour of all of them, and people who dislike EU will dislike them even if half of them are not EU. They/we may not have an opinion on whether these agencies even exist, or should exist. But we manage to form an opinion on favour of EU or not.

(We hear more about the  internal workings of the politics of the US than the EU)

Then you get people like Juncker who say they don't like referenda as the people may make the wrong choice - so that gets your back up and you're tempted to make the 'wrong choice' for the hell of it...

Edited by exile

1 hour ago, phart said:

"shoulder to shoulder"
eh Alan?

My polling station was really busy, I voted leave cause my maw was voting stay and neither of us really knew enough so i just balanced out the ignorance.

Your maw knew you would do something like that, so she told you a wee lie so that you would vote leave, the same as her, good on her 

Apart from my twitter feed which is full of SNP drones following Nicola most people i have talked to are voting Leave.

I was really surprised at work with the amount that said they were voting leave

My cousin who is in the fire brigade texted to say that most folk from his work were voting leave as was his wife and people she knew

For it being odds on that Remain wins it would seem clear that the English are not voting how everyone expected 

It will be really interesting to see how Scotland votes as again i dont think that will go how everyone expected either

Wonder what odds you would have got on Scotland voting Leave and England Remain ............

24 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Apart from my twitter feed which is full of SNP drones following Nicola most people i have talked to are voting Leave.

I was really surprised at work with the amount that said they were voting leave

My cousin who is in the fire brigade texted to say that most folk from his work were voting leave as was his wife and people she knew

For it being odds on that Remain wins it would seem clear that the English are not voting how everyone expected 

It will be really interesting to see how Scotland votes as again i dont think that will go how everyone expected either

Wonder what odds you would have got on Scotland voting Leave and England Remain ............

I wonder how the SNP would spin that one?! :lol:

1 minute ago, mariokempes56 said:

So how tge hell does he know?

Anyone in the know in the Scottish referendum was aware before 22.00 that No had won.

I've no doubt that the Leave campaign have conducted exit polls all over the country. 

3 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

anyone know why Gibraltar gets a vote on the referendum and Isle of Man does not 

IoM is a crown dependency, Gibraltar is a territory of the UK, although other territories havent received the vote. This will directly impact Gibraltar, but not other territories though.