EU Referendum - Page 40 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 minutes ago, brant grebner said:

oh don't talk fvning nonsense.

this is not some ideological struggle against the Chicago school of economics, this is fundamentally an anti-immigrant jingoist vote brought about by the inherent arrogance of the English and perpetuated by the pro-Tory capitalist media.

Thankfully in the long term it will benefit and create an independent Scotland, and in the short term me off my betting.

But this is going to lead to a world of shit for a lot of people

Dont think Migration Is at all relevant ....this Is primarily a verdict on the lies of Cameron and Osborne during this campaign and over the last 7 years. I agree chaos will ensue though.  Ordinary people In england and wales do not have an outlet of the SNP So this Is their chance to vote against the establishment

4 minutes ago, thewelk said:

WHAT THE F##K HAPPENED? I went to bed thinking it was all done and dusted for remain and I wake up and the apocalypse has happened. Can't go back to sleep now...

Basically Scotland, the major cities of England, and Northern Ireland are irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, thewelk said:

WHAT THE F##K HAPPENED? I went to bed thinking it was all done and dusted for remain and I wake up and the apocalypse has happened.

It's called a "material change"?

Edited by exile

3 minutes ago, buckielugger said:

Dont think Migration Is at all relevant ....this Is primarily a verdict on the lies of Cameron and Osborne during this campaign and over the last 7 years. I agree chaos will ensue though.  Ordinary people In england and wales do not have an outlet of the SNP So this Is their chance to vote against the establishment

Migration is hugely relevant. It's been the key part of the leave campaign. There may well be a protest vote against Cameron et al, but this has fundamentally been a vote about English/British (make the conflation) sovereignty that's been bubbling under since Maastricht wasn't put to the people.

It's not a protest about lack of democracy - we live in the one of least democratically engaged countries in the developed world. Look at the demography of the vote: more racially integrated and well educated areas have voted remain; thick fvck white cesspits have voted leave in their droves.

It's disingenuous to suggest that suggest that this was just an outlet of protest. Especially in Wales - they've got PC but they voted more English than the English

4 minutes ago, Coldo said:

Those who voted no in the Independence Referendum due to the economic reasons have just had their fears realised.

Scexit doesn't look half as scary in the context of Brexit