EU Referendum - Page 51 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kezia Dugdale: “This is a bad result for jobs and for the economy in Scotland and across the UK. I spoke to Nicola Sturgeon this afternoon. We both have profound disagreements about the constitutional future of Scotland, but I stand ready to work with her in the best interests of the people of Scotland. Now is the time for calm heads. Labour's manifesto ruled out a second referendum in the lifetime of this Parliament - we won't be changing our minds any time soon."

11 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Kezia Dugdale: “This is a bad result for jobs and for the economy in Scotland and across the UK. I spoke to Nicola Sturgeon this afternoon. We both have profound disagreements about the constitutional future of Scotland, but I stand ready to work with her in the best interests of the people of Scotland. Now is the time for calm heads. Labour's manifesto ruled out a second referendum in the lifetime of this Parliament - we won't be changing our minds any time soon."

Just saw an interview with her on BBC News where she pretty much said the above.  That said, reading very much between the lines, I did detect a tiny crack of light at an open door.

Does anyone else not see this could backfire massively on the snp i have seen dozens of posts on my social media saying they wont be voting snp afain after sturgeons intervention today,, it was very painful for me to watch,,, heres one freinds post "I have voted snp all my voting days, after watching sturgeon today I will never be again, not sure who though, she's a disaster waiting to happen.""" I have to agree with him TBH 

4 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Does anyone else not see this could backfire massively on the snp i have seen dozens of posts on my social media saying they wont be voting snp afain after sturgeons intervention today,, it was very painful for me to watch,,, heres one freinds post "I have voted snp all my voting days, after watching sturgeon today I will never be again, not sure who though, she's a disaster waiting to happen.""" I have to agree with him TBH 

Another anti-SNP post.

You're nothing if not consistent.

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Another anti-SNP post.

You're nothing if not consistent.

Anti snp,,, you have to be joking??,, anyone who knows me will tell you i am snp to the core,, saying that nicola is dooing my tits in 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

You missed out the bit where many thousands of people were persuaded to vote No and thus cause your point 3 to come about was the lie that your point 3 was the only way to guarantee EU membership. Had we voted Yes we'd not be allowed to remain in the EU.

Rather a key point don't you think?

Anything after your point 3 is therefore rendered meaningless in democratic terms in Scotland. This was far from the only falsehood the Scottish people were told, but certainly one of the biggest.

Politician tells lie shocker !!!!!!!!! If you are naive enough to believe our top politicians ......... that's your first mistake.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Nah, just common sense. The FTSE is down over 4% and £ is at a 30 year low. 

But aye, maybe that wont cause a recession :lol: 

Do you know why they went down?

All our great financial institutions decided to bet on remain heavily, as soon as the results started to come in the bed was shat and titanic amounts of currency etc were moved about to try and mitigate all the losses.

They could have decided not to fecking bet but that's not how this works, they can't help themselves.

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Anti snp,,, you have to be joking??,, anyone who knows me will tell you i am snp to the core,, 

And yet...every single post you've made on here has been critical of the SNP......almost always couched in a phrase like 'friends of mine have been telling me xxxxx about the SNP, because XXXXX. I think they've got a point....'

I don't think you're hiding it very well.

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Of course we'll trade. We will not trade freely though. You obviously don't understand the Single Market and how it works - probably why you'll have voted to Leave it... 

The last time a country left the EU, how did their negotiations go and did it work out better, or worse for them? You may know how the Single Market works, but what is your experience of renegotiations after leaving?

Guest BlueGaz
16 minutes ago, Rossy said:

CNN were reporting today that huge US companies like Ford will have to consider the risks of future investment in the UK, as opposed to the EU. 

Totally normal business.  We have voted to leave the EU, not planet earth.

Guest BlueGaz

Serious question, what happens if Holland, Spain, France and Denmark vote to leave the EU?  I mention these 4 as they are the ones I have heard today have debates coming up post our ref, does Scotland still want to be part of an EU with some of the strongest players gone?  Be interesting to see what happens over the next 48 months.  Will the EU survive?

It wouldn't surprise me if the SNP end up basing all their foundations on indyref2, on a union that is about to implode in the not too distant future.

16 minutes ago, Rossy said:

And yet...every single post you've made on here has been critical of the SNP......almost always couched in a phrase like 'friends of mine have been telling me xxxxx about the SNP, because XXXXX. I think they've got a point....'

I don't think you're hiding it very well.

I think he's a bit of a misogynist as well. He always used to go on about how much better Salmond was than Sturgeon. 

I am still shocked . Did not see that result coming at all despite the tight polls. Left work  an hour ago and sterling taking another tumble at that time. The pound is going to be battered about for months from the fallout.

Dont know how to feel. Should be delighted as indyref2 seemed a complete no chance 24 hrs ago. Just not convinced we are ready for it so soon but at the same time cant see why we could pass this opportunity up. . Only thing I can think that may help next time is the eu workers in scotland surely would vote yes this time. I am assuming most would have voted no last time. Not sure how many there are right enough. Guy at work whose wife is german and was a  stick on 'no '  said today that this changes everything . 

SNP leadership cannot afford any mistakes . 

51 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the look on the fishermen's faces when they realise the UK won't just hand them bigger quotas because we are leaving the EU. It's not as if those at the front of fishing for leave need it anyway.

Even J K Rowling is swithering

Without the online abuse she would probably be totally for it now

@BBCJamesCook "Staunch opponent" implies I was pro-union no matter what, which was never the case. Many no voters will think again now.

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Nobody, just nobody is fooled by your insincere keech. At least have the balls to give us the pro Union argument rather than a load of make believe pish.