EU Referendum - Page 59 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

That nutters worse than the Wings nutter.

I don't particularly like him either. That doesn't necessarily mean that the points he makes are wrong but I just put this there as a point of view to add to the mix.

Edited by Lamia

31 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Flure and I made the mistake of using trends in our own social circles and utterly shite internal polling data to predict a big win for Yes in 2014.  In my social circle there is about the same number of people who voted Yes in 2014 saying they'd vote no in Indyref2 as people moving in the opposite direction.  Assuming Hampden Loon's social circle is full of Yes supporting fishermen then he's probably experiencing what he claims.

No disrespect but neither you nor Flure can predict shit. As has been well proven.

And just an aside but can we keep the rape and sodomy chat to a minimum? FFS you are like a fly to well battered arsehole with that stuff. Boring.

Just now, thplinth said:

And just an aside but can we keep the rape and sodomy chat to a minimum? FFS you are like a fly to well battered arsehole with that stuff. Boring.

I'm not here for your entertainment...  As you well know.

1 hour ago, mariokempes56 said:

You for real ? Really real ?

100% serious,, banff and buchan is one of a few place that saved the snp fading away to nothing its always been snp,, i am nit sure how much longer though, the reaction to sturgeon has taken me by surprise,, i can count 6 very vocal previous yes supporters who now hate the snp i probably know around 10 other who would not support yes again,,, i know 1 who voted no you now supports yes 

Guest flumax
9 minutes ago, kumnio said:

We cant feck this up...

On yes we can. Defeat from the jaws of victory. It's the Scottish way 

14 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

100% serious,, banff and buchan is one of a few place that saved the snp fading away to nothing its always been snp,, i am nit sure how much longer though, the reaction to sturgeon has taken me by surprise,, i can count 6 very vocal previous yes supporters who now hate the snp i probably know around 10 other who would not support yes again,,, i know 1 who voted no you now supports yes 

Shut up with your utter pish. 

10 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

If you go to the Sunday Poll Twitter post about their front page, there's a couple of fishermen absolutely foaming at the mouth (keyboard?)

They can go fck themselves. Self interested environmental terrorists, the cnts only care about getting as much money as they possibly can.

I think you can make a good assumption that there are more people who will now vote Yes that previously voted No than there are who will vote No that previously voted Yes.

Have seen some surprising evidence of that personally and heard from friends that have similar stories

SNP won Banff & Buchan last year with ease and corresponding Holyrood seats too.

How many kids on the East Coast seriously dream of being fishermen ? Very few I imagine. How many cling to their parents and grandparents views too ? Again I am doubtful.

Those areas also along with the rest of Scotland voted to stay in the EU. 

They will find out very soon that Johnson, Gove, Farage and Co don't give a toss about them.

4 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

The Sunday Mail are running with a story about Scotland not being allowed to retain EU membership and that we would have to re-apply etc etc.

This is the senario that would harm a possible Yes vote.

Still more chance of being part of the EU than if we remain in the UK.

Hard to believe that these lying, apologist Uniionist f*ckers have the hard neck to run with this shite.

3 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

The Sunday Mail are running with a story about Scotland not being allowed to retain EU membership and that we would have to re-apply etc etc.

This is the senario that would harm a possible Yes vote.

This is what i imagine Sturgeon will be talking to EU nobs about rather than Scotland (and NI) continuing EU membership whilst England and Wales leaves

Id guess she will ask for them to make some positive public clarification if a 2nd indyref takes place rather than the obtuse cack that happened the last time 

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

There is also a fair bit of talk about a 2nd EU referendum because we got it wrong first time round. I wouldn't rule it out just yet.. Totally undemocratic IMO but when has that ever bothered them before.

Worked in Ireland.

There is absolutely no chance of a second referendum

It seems those on the remain side are going through the stages of grief - a second referendum being denial

There is a possibility that Parliament may overrule the referendum result but if they do they would have to hold another general election where parties can stand on implementing the referendum result or not

Anything else could cause massive public unrest

13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

There is absolutely no chance of a second referendum

It seems those on the remain side are going through the stages of grief - a second referendum being denial

There is a possibility that Parliament may overrule the referendum result but if they do they would have to hold another general election where parties can stand on implementing the referendum result or not

Anything else could cause massive public unrest

The British public are well trained. they don't do massive public unrest. I agree that it is unlikely but not impossible. I don't think it would be Dodgy Dave and his pals calling for another referendum. A lot of folk on the Leave side never expected to win and are now shitting themselves about what to do next. There is a slight chance that once they realise how complicated it is going to be that they might start to have second thoughts.