EU Referendum - Page 64 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Calorific loads restrictions working on brains again, why did they vote that way... brain open pigeon hole to save energy... they're all racist.

Now don't get me wrong, i've seen the tweets. That is obviously a big problem, and a real reason. Loads of it is fear and ignorance based both of which can be changed rather than condemning half the electorate.

I actually put on facebook i voted leave to see what happened was rather amusing.

1 hour ago, Capital Saint said:

I just saw a few farmers getting interviewed at The Highland Show on CNN. Only 1 of all interviewed (I think 5) indicated he would vote Yes in a second indy ref.

They'll be expecting a Boris government to replace those subsidies from the EU in full.  Guy I saw interviewed (also at Highland Show) reckoned 76% of Scottish farmers income comes directly or indirectly from Brussels. 

Which sounds insane, but that's what he said. 

Edited by adamntg

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

They'll be expecting a Boris government to replace those subsidies from the EU in full.  Guy I saw interviewed (also at Highland Show) reckoned 76% of Scottish farmers income comes directly or indirectly from Brussels. 

He probably says Rangers are still the same club anaw

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

He probably says Rangers are still the same club anaw

Just went and checked and it was John Cameron former president of NFU Scotland and the figure he said was actually 74% of "all Scottish farming income".

9 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Therefore, using the fact there are Polish speaking kids in class as an excuse for perceived underachievement by their own kids seems like scapegoating to me. 

You shouldn't make assumptions if you don't know the family involved. They are in professional positions  and the daughter is the 4th child. First child is head boy with straight As, the second is heading that way. They know the education system very well but do feel the level that the last child has reached at this stage is much lower than the previous 3. The 4th child also appears to be very intelligent. 

They are in a very good position to comment and see it as a concern. I have no reason to question their motive.

11 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Just went and checked and it was John Cameron former president of NFU Scotland and the figure he said was actually 74% of "all Scottish farming income".

My limited experience of the Scottish farming industry as a whole is that they often come across as arrogant, entitled and driven by their own self-interest.

They often seem to love to grind a political axe against the SNP. 

I'm sure they're not all like that by any means but often their spokesmen give that impression.

Let's see how they cope, now that the crutch of the hated EU has been removed. I'm sure Boris and Nigel will look after all of them. 

Guest flumax
37 minutes ago, adamntg said:

74%, but still http://www.scotsman.com/news/nfu-warn-of-brexit-impact-on-scottish-farmers-1-4157189

Do these arse wipes down south know what they have done with voting us out.Where is boris and farage wnd what plan do these clowns have in place for taking things forward.Its a joke and faisal islam on bbc news says apparently the brexiteers have no plans in place.They actually thought cameron would do their dirty work for them which is never going to happen.INDYREF2 is only a matter of time.

36 minutes ago, hauniscots said:

You shouldn't make assumptions if you don't know the family involved. They are in professional positions  and the daughter is the 4th child. First child is head boy with straight As, the second is heading that way. They know the education system very well but do feel the level that the last child has reached at this stage is much lower than the previous 3. The 4th child also appears to be very intelligent. 

They are in a very good position to comment and see it as a concern. I have no reason to question their motive.

It'll be the Poles' fault then. 

28 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

the pound starting to take another hammering on the Asian financial markets 

Maybe when the arse falls out of the markets as well as sterling tomorrow the MSM will focus less on Jeremy Corbyn .........unless they can find an angle to blame him for it obviously

2 hours ago, George Saint said:

I'm a bit confused by that article about Boris Johnson. What exactly is the author trying to say about him?

Are they saying that Boris didn't really want the UK to leave the EU and therefore, presumably, only campaigned for that option because he never thought it had a chance of winning? In other words, he wanted to position himself as being in favour of leaving (I assume to make himself more popular among anti-EU folk), but actually he didn't really believe it was right for the UK to leave.

Or are they saying that Boris does want the UK to leave the EU, but doesn't want to be the one who has to take the ultimate decision to start the process off?

I guess I'm confused because I had always assumed that this was a serious issue affecting the future of the UK, and not just a game for politicians to play while they try and progress their careers.

If, as Boris did, you campaigned for the UK to leave, surely you should be delighted to be given the opportunity to take the UK in the direction that you believe is the right one? Everyone knew what a leave vote would mean in terms of what the potential consequences of leaving the EU would be. Everyone knew there would be challenges and problems and a whole load of things to sort out.

I just don't understand how Boris has been checkmated by Cameron. If Boris wasn't prepared to deal with the consequences of leaving the EU, he shouldn't have campaigned to leave.

His body language on Friday was pretty nervous IMO 

By all accounts he was never really an anti EU guy anyway. Good luck sorting out the mess

49 minutes ago, hauniscots said:

So one of their kids is not academically as clever as the rest of them, so there must be a reason for it-  that is too many polish kids are holding back my 'clearly clever child' because parents are clever and other kids are near perfect! Seen it so many times that parents need to have areas on why son /daughter is not getting straight A, or performing at some perceived level

i would suggest at 7 years old the child is learning at a different pace, and maybe will never be great academically.

and as a bonus the child will pick up a second language, that seems to be what the Polish kids are doing , 

18 minutes ago, adamntg said:

It'll be the Poles' fault then. 

Why on earth do these discussions end up with the same old turgid responses from the same people when they don't hear what they want. Absolutely everything to do with immigrants isn't necessarily perfect, some real life situations do actually occur. You can't just refuse to engage with decent honest living families for opening discussions on these matters just because you can't accept criticism of situations involving immigrants.

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. Thomas Sowell

Reminded of the above quote.

20 minutes ago, hauniscots said:

Why on earth do these discussions end up with the same old turgid responses from the same people when they don't hear what they want. Absolutely everything to do with immigrants isn't necessarily perfect, some real life situations do actually occur. You can't just refuse to engage with decent honest living families for opening discussions on these matters just because you can't accept criticism of situations involving immigrants.

As soon as people resort to accusations of racism, xenophobia or whatever then they have lost the argument, usually the same folk who pick up on grammar and spelling errors

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

As soon as people resort to accusations of racism, xenophobia or whatever then they have lost the argument, usually the same folk who pick up on grammar and spelling errors

Im guessing he was joking..