EU Referendum - Page 65 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

They'll be expecting a Boris government to replace those subsidies from the EU in full.  Guy I saw interviewed (also at Highland Show) reckoned 76% of Scottish farmers income comes directly or indirectly from Brussels. 

Which sounds insane, but that's what he said. 

Sounds incorrect - maybe 76% of farmers have an income from Brussels

I think 20% of their income sounds more accurate 

7 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Sounds incorrect - maybe 76% of farmers have an income from Brussels

I think 20% of their income sounds more accurate 

I know, but I checked it out and it's in various places - 74%.  There's a link further up this thread. 

22 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I know, but I checked it out and it's in various places - 74%.  There's a link further up this thread. 

I think we are using different language

your comments suggested that 74% of income was subsidies

I am suggesting 74% of income is from europe and 20% of this income is subsidies - CAP which is effectively UK contributions redistributed 

ie Selling lamb etc to the French would be income from Europe but not subsidies

sorry, if what i said was not clear

5 hours ago, euan2020 said:

I think we are using different language

your comments suggested that 74% of income was subsidies

I am suggesting 74% of income is from europe and 20% of this income is subsidies - CAP which is effectively UK contributions redistributed 

ie Selling lamb etc to the French would be income from Europe but not subsidies

sorry, if what i said was not clear

I think you're right.  Here's the link : http://www.scotsman.com/news/nfu-warn-of-brexit-impact-on-scottish-farmers-1-4157189

22 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

As soon as people resort to accusations of racism, xenophobia or whatever then they have lost the argument, usually the same folk who pick up on grammar and spelling errors

Even when people are being racist and xenophobic? 

We are not going to leave the EU regardless of all thats happened

Peter Hitchens was right many months ago that it was all horseshit

Merkel is giving the UK space for it to change its mind

Blundering Boris is now mellowing and realises he has been a dick

We have already had suggestions that Parliament might ignore the referendum being quashed but now we are getting Jeremy Hunt saying we should renegotiate and have another referendum or renegotiate then have another general election

This Tory coup has caused some amount of carnage throughout Europe though with £ billions lost - not to mention how it's going to affect our food prices , pensions and public services 

Of course they will. Breaking up the UK is a fitting punishment and a relatively easy one to achieve now and all within a fairly short time. That will send a message of do not think about leaving to the others. Bound to happen now.

Farrage going there and rubbing their noses in it is very good news for us. Hopefully he really pisses them off (further) to the point they wildly support us staying in as a GRFUY in return. The standing ovation to what was a poorly delivered speech is a big indicator of things to come.

If you take Scotland & NI out the picture (let's assume they decide to stay) then England voted nearly 54% in favour of leaving on a large turnout. You are not going to be able to ignore that and if you do there will be a massive backlash at the ballot box. Possibly in favour of UKIP. They are going to have to leave. They could use Scotland leaving as an excuse to void it though but even then that will not be enough. They are in real deep shit and they know it. The smart thing would have been to renege on the manifesto promise. That would have been bad but nothing compared to this explosion of fukkedness. What a state the country is in post Leave vote. I can't ever remember it being more of a mess politically.

Edited by thplinth

It's interesting reading what people thik is going and went through the minds of Cameron, Cove and Johnson etc but I think it's a bit naive to think these people made glaring blunders, in terms of who really runs the country, these guys are just the public figures, there's an agenda in the background that we'll likely never be part of. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It's interesting reading what people thik is going and went through the minds of Cameron, Cove and Johnson etc but I think it's a bit naive to think these people made glaring blunders, in terms of who really runs the country, these guys are just the public figures, there's an agenda in the background that we'll likely never be part of. 

Dinnae question the great one on his own board! :yikes3: