EU Referendum - Page 80 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Where's Scotty when you need him? Been a long time since I was at Sunday school but I don't remember that bit...

Still posts on AFC Chat now and again

Dont even know where to start with this ..

French far-right leader Marine Le Pen calls for an end to free education for foreign children

I saw that today,I had to go pick up medicine for my gran and she gets the Sun (i can't make her not get it) and while waiting on the prescription i read it, and had some spat between May her chief of staff and some some remain Tory arguing and bitching about what they wore or something. Mental.

Scottish Labour says it will not back any plan that puts Scotland's membership of UK at risk

Here is some “pre-buttal” (response to something before it has been published) from the other parties in Scotland about the SNP’s Brexit plans.

From Scottish Labour’s Europe spokesman Lewis Macdonald

Labour will scrutinise the SNP’s proposals and hold nationalist ministers to account on whether or not they can actually be delivered. But we are very clear that Labour will not support anything that puts Scotland’s place in the United Kingdom at risk.

The SNP’s Brexit paper should accept that remaining in the UK is even more important to Scotland than being part of the European Union. Labour will oppose any attempts by the SNP to use Brexit as an excuse to force another independence referendum on the people of Scotland.

Attempting to use "Nationalist" disparagingly, while being a massive "Nationalist" himself. Methinks that Lewis MacDonald might be a bit of a moron.... :lol: 

Willie Rennie announces that it's all just one expensive exercise in SNP Christmas window dressing - having presumably read all 25,000 words in less than 5 minutes

Need any more convincing that cvnts like this are not acting in the best interests of Scotland ? 

Edited by Ally Bongo

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Yes

I didn't realise they killed the actual Lorry Driver as well.

Another thing that struck me, i went out earlier and had the radio on and they were going round christmas markets asking folk if they felt safe considering what happened in Germany?? Do they do that when a plane crashes go round airports asking how folk feel about flying considering a jet crashed?

2 hours ago, phart said:

Do they do that when a plane crashes go round airports asking how folk feel about flying considering a jet crashed?

A bit of an unfair comparison IMO but agree that it's a fooking stoopid question to ask someone

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is one of the reasons I wanted to stay. The EU acts as a break pad to mental policies across the continent. It often acts as a sense check.

Long may this bill be challenged. 

J

On 20/12/2016 at 8:49 PM, phart said:

I didn't realise they killed the actual Lorry Driver as well.

Another thing that struck me, i went out earlier and had the radio on and they were going round christmas markets asking folk if they felt safe considering what happened in Germany?? Do they do that when a plane crashes go round airports asking how folk feel about flying considering a jet crashed?

The people they're looking for (the scared) won't be there anyway. It's no fun for the news crews if everyone is using common sense and going back to the markets.

People take these attacks so personally and feel so threatened by them. A couple of weeks after the Nice attack people were still cancelling their trips there (some are even now). Statistically speaking there was probably nowhere safer than Nice for a few weeks after the attack.

What im trying to say is that people are f##king stupid.

Bit harsh to call people stupid. I think it's a perfectly reasonable reaction to terrorism to at least question whether you are comfortable taking you and your family to a place that has recently been targeted by terrorism and there's a risk of follow on repercussions. In such situations, I'd have no probably weighing up how much I really want to go to, say, Nice as opposed to somewhere else that isn't subject of recent terror tensions. 

There's many things that make people stupid, I'm just not sure this is one of them.