Utd v Hibs - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Heading to Hampden without joy today.  Win and we get pumped by one of the Old Firm in the final to put the seal on a season of misery.  Lose and, well, we've just lost a semi final to a lower division side.  And, then we're getting relegated. 

Apparently Utd have sold almost 7,000 which is something of a miracle in my eyes. 

Sigh.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Heading to Hampden without joy today.  Win and we get pumped by one of the Old Firm in the final to put the seal on a season of misery.  Lose and, well, we've just lost a semi final to a lower division side.  And, then we're getting relegated. 

Apparently Utd have sold almost 7,000 which is something of a miracle in my eyes. 

Sigh.

Up at 5am to get the train north for the game. Can't say I am travelling with any enthusiasm, more out of a sense of duty. Part of me hopes we lose this game so this shambles of a season ends earlier. The 'prize' for winning is probably getting pumped by one of the old firm in the final then, if it is Celtic, getting knocked out of the Europa cup by a team from the Faroe Islands by the end of June.?

But it is a cup semi final, a day out at Hampden with my mates and we have a pretty decent record in semis. A lot of fans either don't, or very rarely, get this opportunity. Once I am there, I am sure I will feel differently.

God alone knows who'll win this. On the one hand you could plumb for United as they're the higher league team (for the time being) against the country's favourite bottle merchants. On the other hand you have to think that Europe's greatest footballing slicksters, first division losers and Alloa whipping boys can't go on Hibsing it forever can they?

As an aside when Hibs blow this years attempt at winning the cup they will apparently clock up the million hour mark since their last cup triumph.

http://www.londonhearts.com/century/100years.html

#lifewithhibs   :lol:

43 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What little rays of sunshine you all are. That's really boosted my mood this morning!  ?

Presumably you have not been following Premier League football this season. United are hopeless.

It has been a great train journey, lovely morning, blue sky, great views over the Lake District and the Southern Uplands with snow on the hills. Got safely past Motherwell and now nearing Glasgow. Mood lifting and excitement levels rising. C'mon United. ?

11 minutes ago, Ta Ta said:

Presumably you have not been following Premier League football this season. United are hopeless.

It has been a great train journey, lovely morning, blue sky, great views over the Lake District and the Southern Uplands with snow on the hills. Got safely past Motherwell and now nearing Glasgow. Mood lifting and excitement levels rising. C'mon United. ?

I've got a sister in law that's an Arab. She's stopped talking about football now as it's too painful. 

Hopefully you'll make the final and she'll at least get a day out in the sunshine. You never know both Rangers and Celtic have dodgy backlines. Anything can happen in a final.

29 minutes ago, giblet said:

Sitting in Hampden and just saw my first glimpse of Logan in goals for Hibs. Feck me, Alan Combe is in better shape.  

Cmon Hibees!

More grounds for optimism. That and the quick pint I had in the Horseshoe Bar.

2 hours ago, Ta Ta said:

The 'prize' for winning is probably getting pumped by one of the old firm in the final then, if it is Celtic, getting knocked out of the Europa cup by a team from the Faroe Islands by the end of June.?

You wouldn't even get that. Cup runners up don't get in to Europe anymore.

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Sitting in Hampden and just saw my first glimpse of Logan in goals for Hibs. Feck me, Alan Combe is in better shape.  

Cmon Hibees!

In all honesty, I'm in better shape. How can a professional sportsman be allowed to get into that sort of state. That said, Hibs look much the better side so far.