highest level - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

highest level

spud1982

Was thinking of who's playing at the highest level at the moment. And without going into a debate about spl/epl.

By my reckoning it's  got to be Ritchie. He's a regular and important player for a mid table epl team.

May sound depressing but got me thinking about who I want to stay up, and who I want to get promoted. Obviously would love to see hull go up, and would love to see Rhodes in the prem  and bannan again. 

I looked at the same when the last double head squad came out and it was Darren Flecther at the time. Its quite depressing that we have no players playing regular football in the top half of the premier league

Im hoping Norwich stay up (Naismith, Martin and Dorrans) and promoted to PL Boro (Rhodes and I live there), Hull (McGregor, Robertson, Snodgrass), Brighton (Murphy). Had to choose one or Brighton or Burnley

59 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Ritchie or Darren Fletcher I guess, Morrison and McArthur too when fit.

Unfortunately the player from Scotland currently performing at the highest level is probably James McCarthy.

Aye these it's these four.

Think Ritchie will get a good transfer in the summer too.

Palace went right downhill after McArthur was ruled out for the rest of the season. Good player for them.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

Darren Fletcher or Anya ?

Fletch is the highest of them all without a doubt.

Sadly, Anya's spent most of this season on the bench, it's probably time for him to get a transfer away from Watford. One of the clubs coming up might be good for him. 

1 hour ago, fringo said:

On checking, I see they are 14th and haven't won any of their last 9 league games (was that when SF joined?!).

Possibly. Look at the difference in Sunderland playing with a decent striker...

2 hours ago, fringo said:

Where's Charlie Adam - is he still at Stoke ?

Aye, so's Phil Bardsley.  Both about as unlikely to get another game for us.

Edited by Toepoke

Depressing reading. 

Between top 3 in English Championship there are 3 Scotland players (not including Boyd and Arfield) in Murphy, Rhoads and Greer.  

English Premiership... Morrison, Fletcher, McArthur, Richie, Hutton, Naismith, Martin, Whittaker, (can't get im the squad) Dorrans (can't get a game) Adam, Kingsley, (getting the odd game) Anya (rarely starts) Hendre (unlikely to ever get a game) 

Living down south I don't get to see many of the Scotland based players so can't pass much comment. The SPL will hopefully improve with Rangers getting back in but what I have seen hasn't inspired confidence. 

Look at the age of this lot, not many spring chickens in there. Sick as it makes me I honestly think our player pool is getting weaker rather than stronger. I can't see any Youth that excites me. All youngsters I expected to kick on are either cutting it at a lower level or stuck in the reserves. 

The state of of things isn't improving and is looking pretty bleak. I only hope I'm just being pessimistic and am proved wrong. 

this HTML class. Value is http://eurorivals.ne

Edited by kmcca5

1 hour ago, kmcca5 said:

Depressing reading. 

Between top 3 in English Championship there are 3 Scotland players (not including Boyd and Arfield) in Murphy, Rhoads and Greer.  

English Premiership... Morrison, Fletcher, McArthur, Richie, Hutton, Naismith, Martin, Whittaker, (can't get im the squad) Dorrans (can't get a game) Adam, Kingsley, (getting the odd game) Anya (rarely starts) Hendre (unlikely to ever get a game) 

Living down south I don't get to see many of the Scotland based players so can't pass much comment. The SPL will hopefully improve with Rangers getting back in but what I have seen hasn't inspired confidence. 

Look at the age of this lot, not many spring chickens in there. Sick as it makes me I honestly think our player pool is getting weaker rather than stronger. I can't see any Youth that excites me. All youngsters I expected to kick on are either cutting it at a lower level or stuck in the reserves. 

The state of of things isn't improving and is looking pretty bleak. I only hope I'm just being pessimistic and am proved wrong. 

this HTML class. Value is http://eurorivals.ne

Unfortunately I agree with this completely. 

• 2 weeks later...

won't matter though.  we'll be ready for the campaign ahead.    Gotta make sure we can foul properly. One thing we lacked was fouling properly last time.   I don't mean we should foul in the same place we did in the Poland game though, that would be foolish. 

perhaps a campaign of fouling slightly more often may edge it for us.

On 5/3/2016 at 9:53 PM, bonny78 said:

won't matter though.  we'll be ready for the campaign ahead.    Gotta make sure we can foul properly. One thing we lacked was fouling properly last time.   I don't mean we should foul in the same place we did in the Poland game though, that would be foolish. 

perhaps a campaign of fouling slightly more often may edge it for us.

or a campaign of scoring more goals than our opposition.... that's a crazy idea though!