This Board Needs Tunes - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

On 5/21/2016 at 9:59 PM, Grim Jim said:

Scandanavian noir? One of Anna's more accessible tracks perhaps.

Agree she's not always the easiest of listens.  All that pipe organ in her Ceremony album was too intense.  :eek: 

Right, I'm no happy with you lot :mad:  I'm pretty ignorant on soul music (hated it as a kid), but of course concede now that a lot of it is great, ...like Otis for instance.

How come though, nobody's posted any James Carr? Maybe I missed it, so am willing to eat my words. This guy was sooo good, but I've never heard of him until tonight when I went backwards through Linda Ronstadt, The Flying Burrito Brothers and Percy Sledge to track down the original version of this tune.

It's late, so I've only heard a few minutes of his Mind Messed Up album, but it is all good so far.

This could be posted on the Covers thread but I'm kind of fond of this one. :D

Heard Kim Wilde's original played on a film I watched recently Dans Paris and knew I had a better version. 

A little filler before the games commence.

• 3 weeks later...