This Board Needs Tunes - Page 24 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

By this time I've usually had my fill of Christmas Carols,

This however is a lovely emotional version from Kenny. Love that Fife accent coming through not to mention the strings. 

Wishing everyone a very happy winter solstice, good health and kindness in your lives.:cheers3:

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dan cake said:

found this the other day

better than the original?

I could have liked it on its on merit had I never heard the original or Jasmine Thompson's excellent cover.

The dance mix tends to reduce the intensity of emotion the song deserves.  

Still a lot better than Rick Ghastly posted way back :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just heard this eargasmic tune,

Valentina (Official Video)

Our very first vocal collaboration, here's us with the Smoke Fairies and our song Valentina. The final frames get me nearly every time - such a look of satisfaction, achievement and quiet pride. Hats off, Ms Tereshkova.

Posted by PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTING on Thursday, 2 March 2017

Edited by Mark frae Crieff

• 2 weeks later...

Valentina Tereshkova, what a beautiful name.   Soon as I saw it, I thought of my dad's favourite gymnast though, whats'ername?

Oh aye, Ludmilla Tourischeva.   OK, she was mine :wub: .   Dad's was Nellie Kim.   He had good taste.

Oanyhoo, back on topic... after minutes of work, I found the old tunes board.   Of course loads of links no longer work.   Five years is a long time.   Still a few gems in there if you can sift through Heugh's stuff :wacko:

http://taboard.com/archive/index.php?showtopic=136960&hl=%2Bthis+%2Bboard+%2Bneeds+%2Btunes

I mind Flure put in a shift and put hunners on Spotify ("This Board Needs Tunes") if you're feeling like something's missing.

• 3 weeks later...