This Board Needs Tunes - Page 27 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 9:45 PM, Grim Jim said:

So many tunes on here, I know not what hast past before...    Oanyhoo, if missed...

:ok: I've probably duplicated many, so good nobody will remember. :)

1 hour ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

The new Public Service Broadcasting album is kinda guid. :beer2:

It is, now give us some more :P  

Mixed bag of random tunes coming your way....

13 hours ago, Heuch Moray said:

This is bugging me now.   I know the rhythmic part is very similar to the 2nd half of Folklore by Opeth, but I'm sure it's older.   What does it come from?   I've always thought I'd heard it on an old TV program or something.   Maybe just Opeth haunting me again.

I'd normally post the live Moshcam version, but the bit I'm talking about (5 mins in) is further to the front in the studio version here...

10 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

This is bugging me now.   I know the rhythmic part is very similar to the 2nd half of Folklore by Opeth, but I'm sure it's older.   What does it come from?   I've always thought I'd heard it on an old TV program or something.   Maybe just Opeth haunting me again.

I'd normally post the live Moshcam version, but the bit I'm talking about (5 mins in) is further to the front in the studio version here...

I can hear it 5:06 mins in. Surprised I enjoyed that so much but haven't a clue where it comes from. My only guess it's been inspired by Hemingway's Death in the Afternoon based on the lyrics.

Did a quick search to see if it had been used elsewhere and the only offering of note albeit no connection whatsover was this little gem from the early 60s. Some of the older posters might remember it having a short run on TV not long after they formed. :lol: