Rangers v Celtic - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers v Celtic

10 minutes ago, Mox said:

Haven't watched the highlights yet but it certainly felt at the game that The Huns deserved it. We are laughably bad and very very unfit as well. Just looking through our squad there and the only players I would keep for next season are Simunovic, Sviatchenko, Biton, Christie, Allan, Roberts, McGregor and Tierney. The rest can GTF.

Rogic is decent too

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Agree with you there. I thought Andy Halliday was terrific and I would be very keen to get Ball back on loan again next season, if possible. Our midfield were mostly dominant yesterday and I thought wee Holt was quietly effective too.

Rob Kiernan had a great game too until he went off (presumably) injured.

Aye he was injured.  I wasn't too convinced by Ball at the start of the season but as it's progressed he's got better and better and was excellent yesterday in what is not really his natural position.  On a separate note, Brown's attempts to eyeball the Rangers players during the handshakes and then the pretend hard man run up at the penalty were hilarious!

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Out of interest what's your reason for keeping Allan & Christie given both have hardly featured at all this season.

Sviatchenko was by far your best player yesterday when he came on and Rogic wasn't too far behind.  That was the main difference for me.  Celtic's subs improved them whereas ours weakend us.

Neither of them has been given a chance and I think they should be given another season. Agree on our two best players, it was remarkable that Rogic wasn't starting yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Aye he was injured.  I wasn't too convinced by Ball at the start of the season but as it's progressed he's got better and better and was excellent yesterday in what is not really his natural position.  On a separate note, Brown's attempts to eyeball the Rangers players during the handshakes and then the pretend hard man run up at the penalty were hilarious!

Yeah, there was a spell at the end of the 2nd half where Brown was desperate to half someone and try and impose himself on the game. But he chased around for a few minutes and couldn't get close enough to anyone to tackle them :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, there was a spell at the end of the 2nd half where Brown was desperate to half someone and try and impose himself on the game. But he chased around for a few minutes and couldn't get close enough to anyone to tackle them :lol: 

Brown is and always has been an awful footballer. He's never had any real ability apart from tackling folk and squaring up to folk and his legs are so gone now that he can't even do that. He's a joke but will still be our captain next season and will walk into the national team.

23 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

It's a bit like the two school bullies analogy.  Nobody likes them, nobody cares about them, but if they got into a fight, everyone is interested in the hope of seeing at least one of them take a pasting.

Poor effort at trying to justify the obsession.

10 pages.

59 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

As a Rangers fan I still don't think he's ready for the national team.  I'm also not convinced he was MOTM yesterday.  I'd have given it to Ball or Halliday.

I've said plenty of times on here that he's not really a winger. If he's played more centrally the sky's the limit though. He has the touch, weight of pass and speed to play for anyone.

52 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The run up was ridiculous and the outcome from it was hilarious.

46 minutes ago, Mox said:

Brown is and always has been an awful footballer. He's never had any real ability apart from tackling folk and squaring up to folk and his legs are so gone now that he can't even do that. He's a joke but will still be our captain next season and will walk into the national team.

Brown was an outstanding box to box midfielder with pace and skill.  You lot turned him into the poor mans Ian Ferguson.

Have to grudgingly admit that it was quite a good entertaining game, and on the pitch certainly for the right reasons.

So often these games have been dreadful football matches, and all the taking points have been about referees and off the park shenanigans.

Perhaps playing each other less often has helped in that respect, as very few of the players will have met before, so no grudges carried over etc?

Celtic are a poor poor side at the moment and just lack any killer instinct. Saw a stat they had 33 shots at goal yesterday. Would've been 20+ at fir park last week too.

I often criticise teams for over playing and not getting shots away, but maybe Celtic are underplaying and shooting with quantity over quality?

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I hope everyone is excited at the prospect of Barrie McKay playing for Scotland next year?

If hes anything like he was for the U21s then no thanks. Long way to go yet

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Brown was an outstanding box to box midfielder with pace and skill.  You lot turned him into the poor mans Ian Ferguson.

He's never been outstanding at anything. He's an absolute pellet that epitomises everything that is wrong with scottish football.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

I've said plenty of times on here that he's not really a winger. If he's played more centrally the sky's the limit though. He has the touch, weight of pass and speed to play for anyone.

The hyperbole in that post is belting :ok: 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Have to grudgingly admit that it was quite a good entertaining game, and on the pitch certainly for the right reasons.

So often these games have been dreadful football matches, and all the taking points have been about referees and off the park shenanigans.

Perhaps playing each other less often has helped in that respect, as very few of the players will have met before, so no grudges carried over etc?

Celtic are a poor poor side at the moment and just lack any killer instinct. Saw a stat they had 33 shots at goal yesterday. Would've been 20+ at fir park last week too.

I often criticise teams for over playing and not getting shots away, but maybe Celtic are underplaying and shooting with quantity over quality?

Nothing to be grudging about, I watched the whole game yesterday and really enjoyed it. Both teams threw everything at it, there was a fair bit of skill on show and there were some outstanding performances by young Scottish players (and even an old one, in Kenny Miller).

I also thought that Craig Thompson refereed the game superbly....he let it flow really well and only stepped in where necessary. Kudos all round.

7 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Nothing to be grudging about, I watched the whole game yesterday and really enjoyed it. Both teams threw everything at it, there was a fair bit of skill on show and there were some outstanding performances by young Scottish players (and even an old one, in Kenny Miller).

I also thought that Craig Thompson refereed the game superbly....he let it flow really well and only stepped in where necessary. Kudos all round.

Somebody has hacked Rossy's log in.....