Scottish Cup Final 2016: Hibernian v Rangers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final 2016: Hibernian v Rangers

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, deecie said:

I assume tickets will be easy enough for neutrals?

Should be nae bother. Average crowd at Easter Road about 7000-ish then factor in a couple for the Proclaimers, one for Grant Stott. Another couple for John Leslie and partner and I suppose Irvine Welsh will probably jet over and maybe one for Andy Murray.

Rebus might be after one but he's not real so you should forget him.

I reckon you'll get one for the end Hibs easily.

Edited by neil r

26 minutes ago, neil r said:

Should be nae bother. Average crowd at Easter Road about 7000-ish then factor in a couple for the Proclaimers, one for Grant Stott. Another couple for John Leslie and partner and I suppose Irvine Welsh will probably jet over and maybe one for Andy Murray.

Rebus might be after one but he's not real so you should forget him.

I reckon you'll get one for the end Hibs easily.

:lol::lol:

sigh, aye, Hibs will really struggle to sell tickets.  We took 30k plus to the Leauge cup game.

Perfect game for us, weegie media will go into hyperbole about Rangers winning.  We should go in as big underdogs, fine for me.

If you compare the 2 games this weekend, Rangers looked like a Premiership team, Hibs looked like a team that will struggle against Raith Rovers in a Championship play-off. 

It's a one-off game though, who knows what will happen. 

24 minutes ago, Rossy said:

If you compare the 2 games this weekend, Rangers looked like a Premiership team, Hibs looked like a team that will struggle against Raith Rovers in a Championship play-off. 

This. Pretty confident but Hibs can beat us as they've shown this season.

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Two weeks ago only a penalty miss stopped raith rovers from beating rangers.Does that make the rovers look like a premiership team.

7 minutes ago, The Laud said:

Two weeks ago only a penalty miss stopped raith rovers from beating rangers.Does that make the rovers look like a premiership team.

Actually looking at the way they are playing at the moment, Raith would do fine in the premier league.

Hibs could be dead on their feet by then if they have to play 6 games to get to the top flight. Albeit the top flight play off will come after the Cup final. That's a minimum of eight games before they play us. We won't have a game for three weeks leading up to the final. Not see if this a good thing.

15 minutes ago, The Laud said:

Bit disingenuous considering Rangers were 3-2 up when the penalty was awarded...

The winners get into Europe!

6 hours ago, Rossy said:

A bit disrespectful to the rovers considering the Rangers could only draw with them a week or so ago

7 hours ago, neil r said:

I was reading an Interview with them and they always have the Cup Final Date free, wherever they are in the world working Always... 

This year they havent they have had enough, Gig in Salisbury ( I think)

Could that be an Omen....

Edited by stocky

1 hour ago, stocky said:

I was reading an Interview with them and they always have the Cup Final Date free, wherever they are in the world working Always... 

This year they havent they have had enough, Gig in Salisbury ( I think)

Could that be an Omen....

Maybe they're going to perform a good luck ritual at Stonehenge? (Built the same year as Hibs last cup win)

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Rangers will have no games for 3 weeks until the final.  Hibs will have at least 2.

Match sharpness v lack of practice, or freshness v over-fatigue???

I read something yesterday that Rangers will have some closed door friendlies lined up against EPL U21 sides to try and maintain a bit of match sharpness.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I read something yesterday that Rangers will have some closed door friendlies lined up against EPL U21 sides to try and maintain a bit of match sharpness.

Warburton on the look out for wonder kids who are highly rated?  :lol: