Scottish Cup Final 2016: Hibernian v Rangers - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final 2016: Hibernian v Rangers

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Tell me more cove - not watching it.

First Hibs goal, Rangers throw-in left by their defence, Cummings ran through and got the ball.

Second Hibs goal was a cross from Stokes that the keeper palmed in.

Rangers goal, Hibs keeper (not the fat one) messed up a cross, allowing Holt a tap-in.

At 2-0, Cummings had a horrible dive to try and win a penalty.

27 minutes ago, giblet said:

Great goal from Mackay, Hibs did enough to keep us in the hunt for 2nd.  Again, it showed there is goals to be had against this current Rangers defence.  

With Ball suspended, that will be the defence for the final. Worrying

Edited by Stu101

That's got to be the worst 2 keepers in Scotland. 

Stubbs got,the right formation by why put Oxley in that situation is beyond me. The guy is totally average and his confidence is shot to bits. 

Rangers central defenders don't look too clever. McKay and King very handy players though.  

Similar scoreline in cup Final will do. 

A whole 12 231 there last night including Rangers punters, for what was one of Hibs biggest games i

of the season. 8000 Hibs fans dressed as seats.

Can't wait for the faux outragous seething if it's not 50-50.

Edited by neil r

8 hours ago, Only One Stop said:

That's got to be the worst 2 keepers in Scotland. 

Stubbs got,the right formation by why put Oxley in that situation is beyond me. The guy is totally average and his confidence is shot to bits. 

Rangers central defenders don't look too clever. McKay and King very handy players though.  

Similar scoreline in cup Final will do. 

The good thing is that neither keeper is Scottish  -  where is Greavsie when you want him !!!

Can someone please explain to me why we signed O'Halloran?  Yet to see anything from him that justifies playing him ahead of even a limited player like Fraser Aird. 

All he tried last night was running the full back. Not a single trick and absolutely no impact on the game.

And, our defence!  ?

On 17/04/2016 at 4:18 PM, neil r said:

Should be nae bother. Average crowd at Easter Road about 7000-ish then factor in a couple for the Proclaimers, one for Grant Stott. Another couple for John Leslie and partner and I suppose Irvine Welsh will probably jet over and maybe one for Andy Murray.

Rebus might be after one but he's not real so you should forget him.

I reckon you'll get one for the end Hibs easily.

Obsessed with Hibs attendance. 

3 hours ago, neil r said:

A whole 12 231 there last night including Rangers punters, for what was one of Hibs biggest games i

of the season. 8000 Hibs fans dressed as seats.

Can't wait for the faux outragous seething if it's not 50-50.

Still obsessed with Hibs attendance. 

9 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

They will defienetly get 50/50 split.

I will be baffled but delighted if they do. their average home attendance is only a couple of thousand more than ours, and we never get a 50/50 against either rangers or celtic.  and we are capable of taking 25,000 to hampden easy.

how would the sfa justify that? oh I forgot its the sfa...

15 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I will be baffled but delighted if they do. their average home attendance is only a couple of thousand more than ours, and we never get a 50/50 against either rangers or celtic.  and we are capable of taking 25,000 to hampden easy.

how would the sfa justify that? oh I forgot its the sfa...

Did you not get two stands at Ibrox a couple of years back? I know it didn't quite work out 50/50 on tickets due to the different sizes of the stands but I reckon if that game was at Hampden you would have. 

Anyway can't see the final being anything other than 50/50, Hibs will get half the tickets. In general I can see both sides of this argument but I tend to favour a 50/50 split, provided both sides can shift their allocation, that's the way it should be imo.