Scottish Cup Final 2016: Hibernian v Rangers - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final 2016: Hibernian v Rangers

1 hour ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Still obsessed with Hibs attendance. 

Im not too sure how well you understand the concept of a messageboard.

See the thing is someone, 2nd poster I think, asked about the likelihood of getting tickets. By pointing out how piss poor Hibs attendances are may him get a ticket.

It's how a thread on here works. It's a relatively simple concept really. Any other questions or points to make then you feel free.

Alternatively ask the guy sitting next to you at Easter Road. Just shout over to him...

Edited by neil r

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Keeping up the old Rangers tradition of signing a player on the back of one good game against them...

This is my concern. I'd rather not spend money on players we actually don't need. It kind of goes against the ethos of the tight squad that Warburton follows.

53 minutes ago, neil r said:

Im not too sure how well you understand the concept of a messageboard.

See the thing is someone, 2nd poster I think, asked about the likelihood of getting tickets. By pointing out how piss poor Hibs attendances are may him get a ticket.

It's how a thread on here works. It's a relatively simple concept really. Any other questions or points to make then you feel free.

Alternatively ask the guy sitting next to you at Easter Road. Just shout over to him...

The obsession continues. 

Are you 12?

5 hours ago, neil r said:

A whole 12 231 there last night including Rangers punters, for what was one of Hibs biggest games i

of the season. 8000 Hibs fans dressed as seats.

Can't wait for the faux outragous seething if it's not 50-50.

Why not Hibs support is massive, last few cup finals and semis they have been too they have took great supports of more than 20,000, just cause they are playing sevco it dosent give sevco the right to get more tickets. (ps I am not a hibs fan)

21 minutes ago, Only One Stop said:

The obsession continues. 

Are you 12?

Odd question to ask.

Good to have you back though. 

I'm presuming your re-emergence means Hibs have won a game or two.

The original 'post when your winning' poster.

Edited by neil r

49 minutes ago, Geed said:

Why not Hibs support is massive, last few cup finals and semis they have been too they have took great supports of more than 20,000, just cause they are playing sevco it dosent give sevco the right to get more tickets. (ps I am not a hibs fan)

They took approx 12k to the semi-final against Dundee Utd.

The argument is that if it is a 50-50 split then around 16k Rangers Season Ticket holders won't get a ticket, whereas hibs could almost offer 3 tickets to each season ticket holder. That isn't fair on the Rangers' fans who have been to every home game this season and possibly away games and they may not get a ticket. On the other hand it is quite likely that people who have only been to 1 or 2 Hibs games this season will get a ticket.

The other argument is that it is a final, at a neutral venue. Giving one team more tickets is potentially given them an advantage. In this case if Hibs can sell 50% of the ground, they should be entitled to do so.

17 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

The argument is that if it is a 50-50 split then around 16k Rangers Season Ticket holders won't get a ticket, whereas hibs could almost offer 3 tickets to each season ticket holder. That isn't fair on the Rangers' fans who have been to every home game this season and possibly away games and they may not get a ticket. On the other hand it is quite likely that people who have only been to 1 or 2 Hibs games this season will get a ticket.

The other argument is that it is a final, at a neutral venue. Giving one team more tickets is potentially given them an advantage. In this case if Hibs can sell 50% of the ground, they should be entitled to do so.

Hibs will sell a 50/50 split no bother, I remember there league cup finals against Livingston and Kilmarnock they had just under 30,000 fans and the final there against Hibs there was around that number as well there. sold there allocation for semi final against St Johnstone as well at Tynecastle and would have sold more if it was at hampden.  Think 50/50 split is fair if the team can sell it and they have a massive fan base like Aberdeen and Hearts do to deserve 50/50 split against the old scum.

22 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Which is absolutely the correct argument.

23 minutes ago, neil r said:

Cant say I've really missed the derby that much. I dont know many Hearts fans who have.

That surprises me given Hearts derby record. I thought the cup games were good stuff and not just because we got through. 

Heart and Hibs doing well and in the top division will be better for both of us and take a little bit of focus away from the old firm media love in. 

More to Scottish football than the religious hate fest of Sellic and the new club. 

I didn't watch all of the game last night but I saw enough to realise that Rangers maybe aren't as good as they think they are, and that beating a really piss-poor Celtic team isn't a guarantee that the cup is won.

Without ever playing all that well, Hibs managed to win the game by aimlessly lobbing a few balls into the penalty area and watching Rangers central defence trip over themselves to see who could make the biggest arse of it.

Whatever happened to Scott Wilson ? He's awful.

Even Alan Stubbs is clever enough to see what needs to be done to score goals against Rangers. If they can replicate that in the final, no reason why Hibs won't win the cup this year.

Edited by Rossy

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Did you not get two stands at Ibrox a couple of years back? I know it didn't quite work out 50/50 on tickets due to the different sizes of the stands but I reckon if that game was at Hampden you would have. 

Anyway can't see the final being anything other than 50/50, Hibs will get half the tickets. In general I can see both sides of this argument but I tend to favour a 50/50 split, provided both sides can shift their allocation, that's the way it should be imo. 

Agree with you angus - it should be 50/50. Utd have never been offered a 50/50 split in a final with either of celtic or rangers. just doesn't happen. why would hibs with only 2000 more average per game. If they do, as I say I will be delighted, and it will set a precedent for the next final against either you or celtic that we get to - if we ever get there again!

1 hour ago, Geed said:

Last two Scottish cup finals Utd have taken just under 30,000. However we have never been given a 50/50 on the tickets against celtic or rangers. The last league cup final v celtic we sold out our allocation easily  - despite selling our 2 best players to the opposition - but we didn't get 50/50.

I have been at finals since the early 80's and it never happens. why would it happen for Hibs? Don't get me wrong - I hope it does for you, but I cant understand why it would.

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

does that apply to all clubs? Utd could easily sell 25,000 for a cup final but we never get the option v celtic or rangers.

3 hours ago, ShedTA said:

I will be baffled but delighted if they do. their average home attendance is only a couple of thousand more than ours, and we never get a 50/50 against either rangers or celtic.  and we are capable of taking 25,000 to hampden easy.

how would the sfa justify that? oh I forgot its the sfa...

Hibs had a 50/50 split with Celtic just 3 years ago in the Scottish Cup final. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Which is absolutely the correct argument.

Finals should default to 50/50.  Especially if they're all going to be played within a couple of miles of a team's home ground, and one of those teams has their end of the "neutral" venue.

44 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

does that apply to all clubs? Utd could easily sell 25,000 for a cup final but we never get the option v celtic or rangers.

We would never sell 25,000 for a cup final against the Old Firm.

We only sold more than that for Ross County and St Johnstone because some people want to come and cheer a winning team.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Last two Scottish cup finals Utd have taken just under 30,000. However we have never been given a 50/50 on the tickets against celtic or rangers. The last league cup final v celtic we sold out our allocation easily  - despite selling our 2 best players to the opposition - but we didn't get 50/50.

I have been at finals since the early 80's and it never happens. why would it happen for Hibs? Don't get me wrong - I hope it does for you, but I cant understand why it would.

Agree with guy below mate, if it was a neutral cup final like Utd against Aberdeen or Dundee or anyone else outside of the old scum Utd would sell 25,000 no bother.  A lot of fans don't like it when its a cup final against them and wouldn't go just because of bigotry side of it.  Sure Killie took 25,000 against Ayr in a cup semi but know a few Killie fans that don't go to games against the old scum with there kids or that because don't want there kids to be in that kind of atmosphere you get against them.  I am a Motherwell fan but all our recent cup finals have been against the them and 15,000 does us against them as again a lot of folk don't want take there family whens its them.

23 minutes ago, adamntg said:

We would never sell 25,000 for a cup final against the Old Firm.

We only sold more than that for Ross County and St Johnstone because some people want to come and cheer a winning team.

This

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

I didn't watch all of the game last night but I saw enough to realise that Rangers maybe aren't as good as they think they are, and that beating a really piss-poor Celtic team isn't a guarantee that the cup is won.

Without ever playing all that well, Hibs managed to win the game by aimlessly lobbing a few balls into the penalty area and watching Rangers central defence trip over themselves to see who could make the biggest arse of it.

Whatever happened to Scott Wilson ? He's awful.

Even Alan Stubbs is clever enough to see what needs to be done to score goals against Rangers. If they can replicate that in the final, no reason why Hibs won't win the cup this year.

Scott Wilson left Rangers donkeys ago for Dunfermline, I think. Danny Wilson is the one you're thinking of.

I can see why you get mixed up though. They play at a very similar level. ?

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Scott Wilson left Rangers donkeys ago for Dunfermline, I think. Danny Wilson is the one you're thinking of.

I can see why you get mixed up though. They play at a very similar level. ?

Aye, sorry. I knew it was wrong when I typed it, but I was trying to multi-task and that's a recipe for problems at any given time.

Danny Wilson. What went wrong with him then ?