Scottish Cup Final 2016: Hibernian v Rangers - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final 2016: Hibernian v Rangers

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Totally agree. Start with a 50/50 split and if one team sells out whilst the other doesn't within a set time, you pass over the unsold tickets. 

Doesn't seem difficult to me.

Yep exactly how it should work

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:00 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

We took something like 16,000 to the League Cup Semi vs Ayr in a crowd of just over 25,000. 

We took 25,000 to the Scottish Cup Final Vs Falkirk in 97 and 18,000 to the League Cup FInal vs Hibs in 2007.

We've played Celtic twice in Legaue Cup Finals and taken less than we took to the Semi Final vs Ayr! Think we took 13,000 the tirst time and just over 12,000 the second time. 

Each club should get teh chance to sell 50% each though, it's a neutral venue and should be treated as such. I couldn't care less how many season ticket holders Celtic or Rangers have. 

If Man Utd play Fulham at Wembley, each team gets 50% initially. It's not even up for debate.

I remember a league cup semi between Killie and St Mirren around 2000/01, total attendance was just over 9,000

13 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Bounce game in London re Rangers v Spurs arranged before Cup Final

I suppose it will depend how good a Spurs team gets put out.

Admittedly their u21s are probably a very handy team.

1 hour ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Hibs the form team, Rangers no win in 4 during normal time 

It is strange, our players are a good yard off the place and it looks like they are treating the games as pre-season friendlies. In saying that we have still been playing good football just conceding too many sloppy goals and struggling to score. I have never seen a team so reluctant to shoot. I am not sure I would desribe hibs as being in form, they drew at the weekend and I don't think you can read too much into the game last night. Dumbarton are a part time team who played on Sunday, their players were working yesterday and they secured their place in the league at the weekend so had nothing to play for.

It's completely natural for teams to take their foot off the gas once the league is secured.  We've not been playing badly as such, just don't have a cutting edge up front but with Waghorn and Forrester out that's been the case for a while.  I'm still relatively confident we'll come good in time for the final.

18 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

It was ! Think I was in the main stand with my old man. Seem to remember having a direct line of sight of wee Dargo going off on a mazy and curling in a low shot ?

IIRC Killie were in the North, St Mirren in the South. Horrible freezing night but a great result.

Dargo ran from his own half but I'm pretty sure hit put it into the top corner. Great goal, tried to find it on youtube to no avail...

6 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Hibs the form team, Rangers no win in 4 during normal time 

Last two games have been particularly poor. No urgency and seemed to run out of ideas very quickly. 

That said I think if you spoke to any Hibby they would say they are anything but 'in form' just now. 

Should be a good final........

All very well saying foot of the gas, but clearly if you get out the habit of winning games like we did, its not so easy getting back in.  Couple that with your general period of inactivity (albeit a friendly maybe against the Spurs highly thought of, wonderkids team), and that gives us a chance.

Will be interesting to see how Warburton shapes you up without Ball protecting your defence.  

Meanwhile, 21000 tickets to each team for starters announced today. 

p.s, wee stevie, no idea what I was going to quote you on, but the fecking thing wont get deleted!

On 4/21/2016 at 11:52 AM, theweestevie said:

29 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Rangers effectively have...what ?.....6 weeks without a competitive game until the final. 

That's pretty much the same as Aberdeen will get for our summer break. 

Our players are getting 20 days off.

For the 3rd season on the bounce.

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Life's a holiday if you're a professional footballer.

Have they any players going to the euros? McGinn and Church maybe?

McGinn definitely.

Possibly Church and Hayes.

I suspect that McGinn will have an awful next season. He already looks burnt out.