New Celtic Manager - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

The players need sacked before Ronny does.

I have said this before it is not the players in this case, there are enough players at Parkhead to change that team around to maintain good results.

The management of those players and choice of teams that Deila puts out is baffling at times.

GMS - is technically very good but is physically very weak, he is not a player you put in when you have to battle for results.

Brown & Bitton are both off there game and so you do not play both in the same side at this time.

Boyata is no way near as good as Sviatchenko and when Sviatchenko came off the bench he was easily Celtics best player on sunday.

Deila tries to play a game of containment , then hit on the break, it does not work.

If Moyes goes to Celtic it'll be changed days indeed to have a Rangers team who like to play attractive, attacking football and a Celtic side whose one tactic will be not to lose at all costs.  Moyes done relatively well at Everton but his still of football isn't exactly easy on the eye!

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

If Moyes goes to Celtic it'll be changed days indeed to have a Rangers team who like to play attractive, attacking football and a Celtic side whose one tactic will be not to lose at all costs.  Moyes done relatively well at Everton but his still of football isn't exactly easy on the eye!

May i remind you of Martin O'Neil.  

12 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Cathro would be interesting and good for player development. Warburton already showing the other managers how to play scintillating football without spending millions.

Ian Cathro is becoming the 21st century Stewart Baxter with all the clubs he's linked with.

On 4/18/2016 at 11:08 AM, Armitage Shanks said:

Losing that game yesterday was the managers fault. Warburton has got his players playing for him. If Ronny could do that with the squad we have then we would be totally dominant.

Why not go for Warburton ? That would be some story in the category of Mo Johnstone.

What do people band names like Moyes and Rodgers around?

Laughable if folk think the tin would stretch that far, the wage that the board will want to offer means the man who comes along will not be any of these 'top draw' names.

14 minutes ago, macy37 said:

What do people band names like Moyes and Rodgers around?

Laughable if folk think the tin would stretch that far, the wage that the board will want to offer means the man who comes along will not be any of these 'top draw' names.

I see your point.

I think Moyes would consider it because he grew up supporting Celtic. Not sure about Rodgers allegiances, if any, was more thinking his style of football would be well received.

As you say, a big drop in wages, arguably in a no-win job as far as re-building their rep goes, and with Man Utd and Liverpool on their Cvs and EPL pedigree, they'll always find well paid work.

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I see your point.

I think Moyes would consider it because he grew up supporting Celtic. Not sure about Rodgers allegiances, if any, was more thinking his style of football would be well received.

As you say, a big drop in wages, arguably in a no-win job as far as re-building their rep goes, and with Man Utd and Liverpool on their Cvs and EPL pedigree, they'll always find well paid work.

But again, to think one of these would come as some sort of 'fulfilling a childhood dream' is pie in the sky.