New Celtic Manager - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

44 minutes ago, macy37 said:

But again, to think one of these would come as some sort of 'fulfilling a childhood dream' is pie in the sky.

Think you're right to a point. If they were at the end of their careers then they might do it, as a last job/wish fulfillment thing.

Other than that it'd be a real coup if Celtic managed to attract a name like that.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Think you're right to a point. If they were at the end of their careers then they might do it, as a last job/wish fulfillment thing.

Other than that it'd be a real coup if Celtic managed to attract a name like that.

I looked up Moyes Wikipedia to check his age, and it says he grew up supporting Rangers, but went on to play for Celtic.

Champions league is the only thing that might attract them to the job I suppose?

(although given qualifying starts next Tuesday... :P )

Leeds must be due a new manager? Steve Evans?

:lol:

Edited by sbcmfc

No way will Celtic draw David Moyes. Celtic will be looking at few categories of manager: 

1. Guys who are seen as "damaged goods" down south. Guys like Malkay McKay and Paul Lambert types. They've had a chance and some level of success but have subsequently been tainted in some way. 

2. English Championship managers - not the top guys who'd rather bide their time and attempt to get in to the EPL via promotion but mid-to lower table managers. 

3. Scottish guys /former celtic players - Paul Lambert, Neil Lennon, Henrik Larrson. 

After the Delia experience, i cannot see them going for another up and coming foreign coach with no previous links to the club. 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No way will Celtic draw David Moyes. Celtic will be looking at few categories of manager: 

1. Guys who are seen as "damaged goods" down south. Guys like Malkay McKay and Paul Lambert types. They've had a chance and some level of success but have subsequently been tainted in some way. 

2. English Championship managers - not the top guys who'd rather bide their time and attempt to get in to the EPL via promotion but mid-to lower table managers. 

3. Scottish guys /former celtic players - Paul Lambert, Neil Lennon, Henrik Larrson. 

After the Delia experience, i cannot see them going for another up and coming foreign coach with no previous links to the club. 

I fear your last sentence is true and it is very depressing. As I have said previously on this thread Lucien Favreau is jobless at present, is a fantastic manager and would do a great job. However, would he come here? It's probably odds against.

It would be interesting if we offered the same wage to the manager as we do the chief executive, I'm sure that would increase the quality of candidates.

11 minutes ago, Mox said:

I fear your last sentence is true and it is very depressing. As I have said previously on this thread Lucien Favreau is jobless at present, is a fantastic manager and would do a great job. However, would he come here? It's probably odds against.

It would be interesting if we offered the same wage to the manager as we do the chief executive, I'm sure that would increase the quality of candidates.

Favre is rumoured to be taking over as Switzerland Manager after the Euro 2016.

The guy who told me made me swear on my kids lives so I'm saying nothing.

Everyone will know soon enough anyway. It was all but done before Sunday but details over some parts of the remit and some movement on Dermot's shares have held it up.

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

The guy who told me made me swear on my kids lives so I'm saying nothing.

Everyone will know soon enough anyway. It was all but done before Sunday but details over some parts of the remit and some movement on Dermot's shares have held it up.

"Swear on my kids lives" 

Fantastic. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'm not in the habit of posting attention seeking pish, I'm not Parklife ;-)

Don't tell people on the internet you've made some sort a death pact wager with your mate with your kids lives as the stakes, that's pretty dramatic. Or it might just be a saying. ;)

According to the rumours doing the rounds in the NI support Michael O'Neill will take over at Celtic after the Euros. It's a done deal apparantly. The new contract was only signed so the IFA would get compensation when he left. I tend to take all this stuff with a pinch of salt but wouldn't be shocked if this was true to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, phart said:

Don't tell people on the internet you've made some sort a death pact wager with your mate with your kids lives as the stakes, that's pretty dramatic. Or it might just be a saying. ;)

Yeah cos 'internet' people can be trusted lol

Early life[edit]

Michael O'Neill was born on 8 July 1969 in Portadown, County Armagh, to parents Des and Patricia.[1] He comes from a Roman Catholic background.[2] He briefly attended Presentation Convent Primary School before the family moved to Ballymena, County Antrim.[3] In Ballymena he attended All Saints Primary School and later St Louis Grammar School, where he won the Northern Ireland Schools FA Cup. He was also a promisingGaelic games player, representing Antrim GAA minors,[1] before concentrating on football. He played youth football for Ballymena team Star United for four years before joining intermediate club Chimney Corner.[4]

31 minutes ago, Debian said:

Favre is rumoured to be taking over as Switzerland Manager after the Euro 2016.

Apparently he has knocked back Galatasary in the last few day

24 minutes ago, Debian said:

He's an excellent Manager 

Agreed