New Celtic Manager - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

56 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Heard Hugh Keevins (briefly) on the radio last night saying O'Neill is the only man who can fix the mess the club is in...

I rate him as a manager, but the current team and the one he had at his disposal are completely different quality wise.

He'd be mad to come back. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, JECK said:

Would find it hilarious if Keane got it - even watching him as a pundit on itv you can tell he would just upset far too many folk involved wether it be players, off field staff, directors etc

Not that I'd want Keane within a million miles of the job, but there are a good few folk within Celtic Park right now who could do with being somewhat upset by the new manager.  In fact I think it is a must.

10 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Not that I'd want Keane within a million miles of the job, but there are a good few folk within Celtic Park right now who could do with being somewhat upset by the new manager.  In fact I think it is a must.

Good assistant but he's not the right man to be manager. 

9 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Good assistant but he's not the right man to be manager. 

Agree

He'd ruffle a few feathers which is sorely needed, but wouldn't be in overall control so could be told to shut up where prudent.

And he'd not short on knowledge about the game.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's a Celtic fan but probably not "Celtic Minded" enough for the Green Brigade.

I don't remember the Green Brigade ever demanding we get a 'celtic minded' man in. The people that usually do want a 'celtic man' are from some tiny village outside Aberdeen who support us because their dad bought them a crucifix when they were 6. All of my mates, all glasgow born, have no desire for us only to consider 'celtic minded' folk.

The people that push the Celtic minded or Celtic/Irish connection are the halfwit media which includes ex players. An example of which - off the ball guest and ex player joe Miller repeating the prior Celtic connection throughout. Cosgrove continually asking why this was to which Miller cited "it's what the fans want". Am fairly sure this will be consistent across the usual outlets and predictable drivel from your Suttons, Hartsons and all the others wheeled out. 

15 minutes ago, JECK said:

The people that push the Celtic minded or Celtic/Irish connection are the halfwit media which includes ex players. An example of which - off the ball guest and ex player joe Miller repeating the prior Celtic connection throughout. Cosgrove continually asking why this was to which Miller cited "it's what the fans want". Am fairly sure this will be consistent across the usual outlets and predictable drivel from your Suttons, Hartsons and all the others wheeled out. 

if Hartson had passed a medical he'd have been a current bun

2 hours ago, Davied14 said:

Paul Lambert has confirmed he is leaving Blackburn at the end of the season...

Not sure what I make of Lambert as a manager to be honest.

I read somewhere that Nigel Pearson was on the shortlist and had been sounded out.  Given he went a bit tonto when Leicester were in trouble last year I don't think he'd last long in the "Old Firm goldfish bowl"!!

16 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Not sure what I make of Lambert as a manager to be honest.

I read somewhere that Nigel Pearson was on the shortlist and had been sounded out.  Given he went a bit tonto when Leicester were in trouble last year I don't think he'd last long in the "Old Firm goldfish bowl"!!

He's suitably dislikeable though!

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I want to know how he escaped from the pack of wolves!

40 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Yes he has but no thanks. Totally inexperienced which is not what Celtic need at the moment.

Who would be your choice?  Malky McKay seems to be getting pushed by quite a few pundits now.