Prince dead - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, fringo said:

I think he launched Sheena Easton in the States too and wrote & produced many, many songs for numerous others.

Helped sheryl crow launch her career after she was a backing singer for him

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, fringo said:

I've still got the original vinyl kicking around somewhere.

Me too..but I don't have the record player to put it on any more!

Such a shame, a musical icon of the past 30 years.

Those who saw him at the Hydro recently will feel even more privileged.

I know some people who were big fans and got to a few of his after-shows. Always liked that about him, despite his apparent isolation he really enjoyed engaging with the fans and put everything into entertaining them.

Get It On on Radio Scotland was great earlier, a two hour impromptu tribute show.

13 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Didn't I see something about him being taken ill and off a plane the other day?

According to the papers this morning he was a Jehovas Witness and needed a double hip replacement but surgery was out of the question as a transfusion would be required !

Only the papers, but IF thats true and it couldve been sorted then its really sad ! genuinely struggle with why anyone thinks their deity has an issue with a blood transfusion !!!

8 minutes ago, Nobby said:

According to the papers this morning he was a Jehovas Witness and needed a double hip replacement but surgery was out of the question as a transfusion would be required !

Only the papers, but IF thats true and it couldve been sorted then its really sad ! genuinely struggle with why anyone thinks their deity has an issue with a blood transfusion !!!

Do people die from having dodgy hips?:blink:

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I have no idea the story implied that whatever he was in hospital recently for was treatable but being a jehovas witness a transfusion was out of the question. I think the hip story was just to illustrate the point. Personally if it was sortable and he refused because of religous beliefs, I respect his decision, but also think he was bloody stupid #!!

9 hours ago, fringo said:

I think he launched Sheena Easton in the States too and wrote & produced many, many songs for numerous others.

That's not quite true, Sheena Easton was a lot more popular in the US than she was in the UK.  She'd had plenty of hits there before U got the Look came out.

Anyway, I thought the guy was a real genius, who did things on his own terms throughout his career and should be respected for that as well as his fanrastic music. 

2 hours ago, Nobby said:

I have no idea the story implied that whatever he was in hospital recently for was treatable but being a jehovas witness a transfusion was out of the question. I think the hip story was just to illustrate the point. Personally if it was sortable and he refused because of religous beliefs, I respect his decision, but also think he was bloody stupid #!!

I seem to recall that's what happened when Jim Henson died. He refused straightforward treatment due to his beliefs...

17 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

what's happening there dropping like flys this year rip great performer 

There no half.

Many an celebrity must be quaking in their boots wondering if they're next.

My money is on Brucie. :o

Sad loss with Prince passing, at such a young age too. :unsure:

4 hours ago, Nobby said:

According to one newspaper this morning his aeroplane had to make an emergency landing so he could have a "save shot" for drugs, I presume overdose, six days ago. 

10 hours ago, aaid said:

That's not quite true, Sheena Easton was a lot more popular in the US than she was in the UK.  She'd had plenty of hits there before U got the Look came out.

Anyway, I thought the guy was a real genius, who did things on his own terms throughout his career and should be respected for that as well as his fanrastic music. 

And I've got a a signed album from her I won in a music prize !

But Prince never wrote songs for me. :(

13 hours ago, Orraloon said:

No - but they die from an overdose of painkillers they have been taking to cope with the chronic pain (according to a report I read subject to official statement)

On 22 April 2016 at 11:24 AM, antidote said:

There no half.

Many an celebrity must be quaking in their boots wondering if they're next.

My money is on Brucie. :o

Sad loss with Prince passing, at such a young age too. :unsure:

aye Brucie l would say is on the list