Three things - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Was gonna be one thing,but waited for the topic but it never arrived,then the second came along and the topic never arrived,so then it became a third.So in reverse order.

1. Does no one post anything interesting anymore..

2. Obamas comments on brexit, hilarious.

3. Charlies inability to recognise who his mother is the @ruler,head of state blah blah' of. Does no one check this shit?

During the broadcast the heir to the throne said:

"She shall be, to the happiness of England,'

An aged princess; many days shall see her,

And yet no day without a deed to crown it."

4.We could have avoided all this if we had some balls last  year.

Shit, that's four, I'll go out and start this again, amongst the weapons .....,

I have, but surely Obama's pronouncements on brexit are both worthy of comment and hilarious, Charlies speech is ignorant and as I said does no one check this shit,I thought the usual subjects would be all over this, and thirdly 'we could have avoided all this if we had some balls last year, it's hardly havering.Just thought they were topics worthy of discussion and surprised no one had posted about them previously.

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I don't think Obama will have much influence on the outcome.

I don't have much interest in all the pish surrounding the inbred parasites we call the royal family.

1.What he said today was 'you're ####ed if you you leave the EU' I think that might influence a few voters!

2. Neither do I, but it's worth comment surely.

3. Charlies inability to recognise who his mother is the @ruler,head of state blah blah' of. Does no one check this shit?

During the broadcast the heir to the throne said:

"She shall be, to the happiness of England,'

An aged princess; many days shall see her,

And yet no day without a deed to crown it."

I'm not offended by this. As far as I'm concerned they are England's royal family.

Surely your not a monarchist in this day and age ? 

34 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

1.What he said today was 'you're ####ed if you you leave the EU' I think that might influence a few voters!

The threats are having an influence on me. Driving me from a pretty solid Remain towards the Leave camp. But then I won't lose sleep either way.

34 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm not offended by this. As far as I'm concerned they are England's royal family.

Surely your not a monarchist in this day and age ? 

No, I'm a republican and I'm not offended.I'm just really surprised that Charlie writes a blurb about his mum and none of his advisors say better make that UK or Great Britain or Britain, or whatever and to be honest I'm not sure what is correct but I'm pretty sure England is wrong,or maybe it's not?

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

I hate to labour the point but would a Scottish monarchist find ' "She shall be, to the happiness of England,' , acceptable.

I don't think Jackson Carlaw, Murdo Fraser or Alex Johnstone would mind in the slightest.

If the 'Charlie' comment refers to what I think it does, he is reading an extract from Shakespeare's Henry VIII, the speech by Cranmer. It is, I guess, meant to mark both the Queen's birthday and the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death. I'm a republican, and would get rid of the monarchy tomorrow given the chance (which the SNP wouldn't incidentally), but I honestly can't be bothered getting offended by that reading by Charles on his mother's birthday.

Obama's intervention is clumsy at best, and is another example of the Remain campaign following the same strategy as the BT one in 2014. They need to be careful, they are doing much of the Leave campaign's work for them.

Edited by Pool Q

5 hours ago, Pool Q said:

If the 'Charlie' comment refers to what I think it does, he is reading an extract from Shakespeare's Henry VIII, the speech by Cranmer. It is, I guess, meant to mark both the Queen's birthday and the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death. I'm a republican, and would get rid of the monarchy tomorrow given the chance (which the SNP wouldn't incidentally), but I honestly can't be bothered getting offended by that reading by Charles on his mother's birthday.

Obama's intervention is clumsy at best, and is another example of the Remain campaign following the same strategy as the BT one in 2014. They need to be careful, they are doing much of the Leave campaign's work for them.

Whoops, totally correct,I hope the Royals will accept my humblest apologies.

32 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Whoops, totally correct,I hope the Royals will accept my humblest apologies.

They'll be fine with it I'm sure, after all a fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool...

The remain campaign is getting right up my nose.  I will be voting to remain, but the more they go on with Project Fear 2.0, the more I would like to vote to leave just to GIRFU them.  On the other hand, the leave lot are just as bad.  Vote to remain and then vote for Indy in the near-inevitable second referendum.

10 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The remain campaign is getting right up my nose.  I will be voting to remain, but the more they go on with Project Fear 2.0, the more I would like to vote to leave just to GIRFU them.  On the other hand, the leave lot are just as bad.  Vote to remain and then vote for Indy in the near-inevitable second referendum.

Your right. I'm voting to remain too but it's a bad idea for the remain campaign to have Paddy Pantsdown speaking for them.

That patronising tone and haughty cut glass accent sends my blood pressure sky high :mad: