Holyrood Election - Second Vote - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Election - Second Vote

On 25/04/2016 at 2:36 PM, MacWalka said:

Seems most politcally active folk these days view everything as indy vs uniony or in rare cases left vs right.

I honestly don't know how to vote this year, the SNP haven't done enough to retain my vote but no one else has done enough to win it either. Plus my local SNP candidate is Alex Neil and he definitely isn't getting my vote. I'll probably just draw a veiny triumphant jizzing cock on my constituency paper and vote for whoever I feel like on the list paper.

or personality politics.

Voting Green on List, will spoil the other one.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/04/2016 at 3:29 PM, PapofGlencoe said:

They're more interested in not rocking the boat to get a majority for independence.

I don't know. Scunnered man.

As the Great Thomas Sowell says:

"No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems.  They are trying to solve their own problems -- of which getting elected and re-elected are No. 1 and No. 2.  Whatever is No. 3 is far behind". 

13 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

The picture of Sturgeon holding this copy of The Sun for the following days front cover hasn't gone down too well.

Probably not a great idea given the criticism The Sun has had this week over Hillsborough. 

It was an absolutely baffling thing to do.  I don't expect there will be much blow-back from it but Sturgeon is coasting in the polls - she doesn't need to tickle that newspaper's tummy, especially not after what's happened this week.

23 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

The picture of Sturgeon holding this copy of The Sun for the following days front cover hasn't gone down too well.

Probably not a great idea given the criticism The Sun has had this week over Hillsborough. 

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the Sun it's the most popular newspaper in the country by some distance. 

Anyone involved with the Hillsborough campaign would never promote the Sun.

01_13115543_981d9e_2411864a.jpg

11 minutes ago, aaid said:

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the Sun it's the most popular newspaper in the country by some distance. 

Anyone involved with the Hillsborough campaign would never promote the Sun.

01_13115543_981d9e_2411864a.jpg

Ooft!  :shocked:

Considering it's only 3 days till the election it seems to have gone awfy quiet in the media. Apart from folk like Torrance and Oliver stomping their feet shouting "It's no fair, them bad, bad SNP are trying too hard at winning again". I'm wondering if the unionist's tactic is to just try to convince folk that the result is a foregone conclusion, in order to discourage folk from bothering to vote? 

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Considering it's only 3 days till the election it seems to have gone awfy quiet in the media. Apart from folk like Torrance and Oliver stomping their feet shouting "It's no fair, them bad, bad SNP are trying too hard at winning again". I'm wondering if the unionist's tactic is to just try to convince folk that the result is a foregone conclusion, in order to discourage folk from bothering to vote?

I think a lot of people are just bye with it. 6 week campaign is too long...

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I think a lot of people are just bye with it. 6 week campaign is too long...

Aye, I think you're right. Wee Wullie Rennie wouldn't agree though. It's been a 6 week adventure holiday for him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27 April 2016 at 2:28 PM, Orraloon said:

What did they do a u turn on?

On 27 April 2016 at 2:28 PM, Orraloon said:

What did they do a u turn on?

their stance on the CFP,, the insisted that they would take scotland out of the CFP then all of a sudden they are all for it...i support the SNP and have voted them my hole adult life but how they have treated our fishermen is a disgrace,,Richard Lochead is the biggest joke of a MSP there ever was,,I dont actually think the party realise how toxic his name is with fishing comunitees,,heres hoping he gets moved in the cabinet reshuffle