Hillsborough Inquest - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hillsborough Inquest

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Read that today. Very powerful piece. Also sorts of bad judegement all over the place including prior to the match itself. Some of the police actions post incident are very high level cvntery.

4 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Fascinating stuff. Just 7 turnstiles for 10,100 fans! If you allow 5 seconds for each admission it would take 2 hours to get everyone into the ground!

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

2177 people killed at the Hajj last year! :shocked:

No matter where they were, these 2177 would all have died at that exact moment.

Allah's will. It's a bit like a 'Final destination' for Moslems.

Edited by Rossy

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Reminded me of the Mina 'Stampede'. Apparently that is a misnomer.

Progressive crowd collapse 

People density of 6-8 people per square meter in the Mina crush. Beyond horror.

Never realized just how dangerous this phenomenon is.

That's actually a decent read for describing that a crowd effectively behaves like a fluid. Similar effects are seen in heavy traffic too.

Jimmy McGovern's docu-drama was on stv last night. I had seen it before but worth a watch forvanyone that hasn't. 

The BBC are also showing a 2 hour documentary about it this coming Sunday at 9pm. I'm assuming it's the ESPN 30 for 30 one. Usually very well made, from the ones I've seen previously. 

Where I have every sympathy for the families,it must be a relief to be finally getting answers,is there any need for them to be running out in front of football crowds clapping and cheering before Evertons match on Saturday. 

Just seems to be a little attention seeking now. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Where I have every sympathy for the families,it must be a relief to be finally getting answers,is there any need for them to be running out in front of football crowds clapping and cheering before Evertons match on Saturday. 

I think everyone is different. I tend to agree that I wouldn't be comfortable doing that but at the same time I'm not sure I would call them attention seeking.  Perhaps just a show of solidarity and thanks, as I think its something we can all relate to. Football fans used to be treated like animals back then and it was all o easy for the authorities to point the finger in their usual arrogance. 

So aye the families have got answers, but more than that it proves once and for all that the authorities have failed them. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

It isn't over though, this is just the start for them. If it wasn't for their "attention seeking" the authorities would have got away with their cover up as planned. There will  need to be a lot more "attention seeking" if there is to be any hope of prosecutions. 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

They felt a need for it. You might disagree. I have no opinion.

On 02/05/2016 at 0:55 PM, Angus_Young said:

Jimmy McGovern's docu-drama was on stv last night. I had seen it before but worth a watch forvanyone that hasn't. 

The BBC are also showing a 2 hour documentary about it this coming Sunday at 9pm. I'm assuming it's the ESPN 30 for 30 one. Usually very well made, from the ones I've seen previously. 

Wee reminder this is starting now on bbc 2

I think what's more harrowing is what we all were led to believe happened by the media and the years we carried around those lies thinking it was the truth

5 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

That was a tough watch. 

Infuriating at times. 

Watching it and feeling the rage rise inside me I could only feel even more respect for the families who fought all those years. Especially when I remember the terrible things I've read and heard over the years about the deaths and the people of Liverpool. They too must have heard these things yet stayed strong and carried on with the fight. Maybe in some way it made them more determined to clear their loved ones name. I hope they carry on fighting and go after the people in charge and the people who orchestrated the cover up, especially as they were still doing it even throughout this most recent inquiry.