Helen Donnegan - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

That's a shame, some good banter on here over the years.

Who's going to run the bus to the funeral?...

Nice one mr Poke........:ok:

She would have appreciated that I think....

Used her buses a couple of times (Rome to Bari and the Slovenia friendly in Koper), also had her sourcing out an Italian family holiday for me a couple of years ago (didnae book though, went to Montenegro instead). 

Turns out her real name was Geraldine ?

She was nice enough when using her services but came across as a bit of a bawbag around the two recent Ireland games. 

Edited by McTeeko

33 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

reading that makes me a bit sad, obviously didn't realise there was some ghosts in her past, where she had challenges - now glad i wasn't ever nasty to her - i thought some folk were overly rude e 

ditto

46 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

reading that makes me a bit sad, obviously didn't realise there was some ghosts in her past, where she had challenges - now glad i wasn't ever nasty to her - i thought some folk were overly rude e 

Me too

I was always nice to her and appreciated her help when we played in Bari

The bus from Rome to Bari and the way things panned out is now legendary and if given the choice would do it all again.

This seems to be what she was involved with

http://irishpost.co.uk/mother-and-baby-home-survivors-face-long-wait-over-redress/

https://italywithus.com/media/documents/magdalene-home-to-the-vatican.pdf

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

She Pm'd me to thank me for standing up for her in one of the threads. I don't she was too bothered by what folk were saying, thankfully. Unfortunately whenever Ireland is mentioned it does crazy things to some denizens of this board.

Edited by phart

The date on that article is very recent. Is this for real?

I think it might be so I'll say the treatment of Helen on here was the first time I did a double take at some of the posts on here. 

It was within the last 18 months I think she we last on here getting pelters from a predictably blue green divide gang. I could never understand the ugly hostility, never will.

On 27/04/2016 at 11:47 AM, Toepoke said:

That's a shame, some good banter on here over the years.

Who's going to run the bus to the funeral?...

Excellent! I reckon Helen would have appreciated that, plus this entire thread for that matter.

On 27/04/2016 at 10:17 PM, phart said:

She Pm'd me to thank me for standing up for her in one of the threads. I don't she was too bothered by what folk were saying, thankfully. Unfortunately whenever Ireland is mentioned it does crazy things to some denizens of this board.

Strongly disagree that her nationality was the chief cause of the reaction she got on here. She was an inflammatory poster who had the capacity to get herself suspended from Irish fans' message boards, or at the very least multiple threads locked.  Other Irish posters on here repeatedly called on her to wind her neck in when she frequently over stepped the mark.

Helen had a lots of energy, never lost her sense of humour and had a clear affinity with Scotland and football. One of the TAMB's very colurful characters.

58 minutes ago, Goozay said:

Strongly disagree that her nationality was the chief cause of the reaction she got on here. She was an inflammatory poster who had the capacity to get herself suspended from Irish fans' message boards, or at the very least multiple threads locked.  Other Irish posters on here repeatedly called on her to wind her neck in when she frequently over stepped the mark.

Helen had a lots of energy, never lost her sense of humour and had a clear affinity with Scotland and football. One of the TAMB's very colurful characters.

I wasn't speaking about her nationality, i was speaking of some denizens of the board and their thoughts on it. Apologies i never made that clear.

On 27 April 2016 at 9:06 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Me too

I was always nice to her and appreciated her help when we played in Bari

The bus from Rome to Bari and the way things panned out is now legendary and if given the choice would do it all again.

:lol:

It was a great trip that.

Couldnt really blame her for the bus breaking down, and it was a great laugh that all ended well.

IIRC she came on our bus before we set off back to Rome to apologise and thank us?

That's a shame she died relatively young.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

It was a great trip that.

Couldnt really blame her for the bus breaking down, and it was a great laugh that all ended well.

IIRC she came on our bus before we set off back to Rome to apologise and thank us?

That's a shame she died relatively young.

What bus broke down? I was on bus 3 - the only one without a working toilet. Cue multiple stops at every service station on the way down ?