Labour polling behind the tories - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour polling behind the tories

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Aye, we have a strong Orange vote in the Scheme next door,a nd it was super strong labour in the past, its where Henry and Alexander got their core vote.

Strangly enough, when canvassing last month the Tories are above Labour here.

The true Blue vote is going True Blue..

Interesting the Glasgow University Study a few years back had Rangers fans more likely to vote SNP, than Celtic fans (Labour, then SNP) 

Will try to did it out.

The reason the Tories are above Labour is possibly down to competence. At least you know what you are voting for with the Tories...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Stu101 said:

The reason the Tories are above Labour is possibly down to competence. At least you know what you are voting for with the Tories...

A lot of it will be down to the likability of Ruth who I've always said is far too likeable to be a Tory.  Her speech during the same sex marriage debate is the most moving and honest I've seen in Holyrood.

As for Scottish Labour, they are truly ####ed when a portion of their own members won't vote for them.  The only reason I'm not drawing a massive veiny penis on my constituency vote is that I'm certain it would be taken as endorsement of Kenny Gibson.  They will get my list vote as 2 good comrades are on the list, albeit a little too far down to be likely.

Edited by Scunnered

Remember everyone loved auntie Annabelle as well at the last two elections.  The Tories are Khunts, pure and simple, all the media massaging and 'likable' leaders dont change that.

There is absolutely no evidence in my Constinuency that the tories are doing well.

Remember UKIP will get around 4-5 % of teh vote, mostly ex tory, or Tory splitting the vote. 

IMO the Tory seats will not really move much 

Labour will lose 15-20 seats

where these seats go is the interesting part.

Green 10ish ( 2nd labour and SNP voters, Margos Vote etc

Ukip 2ish ( hopefully not, however with the EU ref on. they are getting publicity)

Tory 2ish ( cos everyone thinks Ruth aint a Khunt, but she is)

SNP 3ish  ( They are are currently polling higher in both votes than the final count in 2011)

RISE 1 poss 2

i hope Cat Boyd gets in, in Glasgow and maybe Jean Urquart in the H and I , she has a big personal vote. Margo esque in places.

Labour voters either wont vote, giving the Tories a higher percentage or they will give 1 vote to green

However thats just my Opinion and its worth as much as the next guy.

ps i think the Tories will win in Eastwood...  FPTP...  all the ex Murphy voters, areas like this and Murrays seat in Edinburgh vote tactically against the SNP...

Edited by stocky

57 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

A lot of it will be down to the likability of Ruth who I've always said is far too likeable to be a Tory.  Her speech during the same sex marriage debate is the most moving and honest I've seen in Holyrood.

As for Scottish Labour, they are truly ####ed when a portion of their own members won't vote for them.  The only reason I'm not drawing a massive veiny penis on my constituency vote is that I'm certain it would be taken as endorsement of Kenny Gibson.  They will get my list vote as 2 good comrades are on the list, albeit a little too far down to be likely.

You voting for Jackie Baillie?:o

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You voting for Jackie Baillie?:o

No.  Are you?

Edit:  I wonder if I could actually find 10 Labour voters who are voting Labour on the West List so that nice Jackie Baillie can get in.  I'll report back :lol:.  Another indicator of why Scottish Labour are ####ed and need cleansed.

Edited by Scunnered

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

I don't see RISE or UKIP getting a seat.

UKIP are polling 4-5 % i hope not, but they only need 5% over an area to get a seat.  

Rise, I agree, unlikely, however I hope so. 

Cat Boyd would be a great addition

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Is she not top of your list?

That's pretty poor logic.  I would never accuse Central Scotland SNP voters of voting for Alex Neil or Christina McKelvie :yikes3: If they had a preferred candidate further down the list.

15 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

No.  Are you?

Edit:  I wonder if I could actually find 10 Labour voters who are voting Labour on the West List so that nice Jackie Baillie can get in.  I'll report back :lol:.  Another indicator of why Scottish Labour are ####ed and need cleansed.

One of the flaws of our voting system

12 minutes ago, stocky said:

UKIP are polling 4-5 % i hope not, but they only need 5% over an area to get a seat.  

They've been slipping back in the polls pretty consistently, the most recent sets of polls show them at 1% or so.  There's also been a lot of internal bickering and complaints about Coburn as leader coming out which is generally a good sign of a party that is fighting a losing battle. 

15 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

That's pretty poor logic.  I would never accuse Central Scotland SNP voters of voting for Alex Neil or Christina McKelvie :yikes3: If they had a preferred candidate further down the list.

Which list candidates would you hope your vote helps get elected?

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

Please tell me that fudd Alex Neil isn't on the list vote too? #novotesSNP for me then.

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

Ever had any dealings with her ?

Christina is my MSP and she is fabulous - always there to help and take on any issue relevant to her position and if not to guide you on who can

Edited by Ally Bongo

27 minutes ago, MacWalka said:

Please tell me that fudd Alex Neil isn't on the list vote too? #novotesSNP for me then.

Pretty sure he will be, that's the way they always did it (although that strategy harks back to when they won very few FPTP seats...

14 minutes ago, MacWalka said:

Top of the Pops as they say.  I feel when choosing a list vote it's best to cover up the first 2 or 3 entrants.

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Christina is my MSP and she is fabulous - always there to help and take on any issue relevant to her position and if not to guide you on who can

She's an arsehole and should be put in a room with every single redundancy from Scottish councils to explain why she's an arsehole.  I don't think that was her only howler in recent times either, but it's slipped my mind what the other was.  But yes, I've heard she's a very good constituency MSP, along the same lines as Neil Findlay, an arsehole, but a good MSP arsehole.

10 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Top of the Pops as they say.  I feel when choosing a list vote it's best to cover up the first 2 or 3 entrants.

She's an arsehole and should be put in a room with every single redundancy from Scottish councils to explain why she's an arsehole.  I don't think that was her only howler in recent times either, but it's slipped my mind what the other was.  But yes, I've heard she's a very good constituency MSP, along the same lines as Neil Findlay, an arsehole, but a good MSP arsehole.

a duck. Greens will get my vote by default then on the List. Constituency vote gets the willy treatment.

18 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

You dont half talk some biased shite

I mistakenly forgot not to debate anything with you

Have no problems with the Tories coming second. It continues to put Scottish Labour in their place and remind them - again - that they aren't even close to doing enough to earn a comeback. But it will also force Ruth Davidson to step up in Scottish politics, and she'll be found wanting IMO. A nice lass she may be but she's a still a Tory, and she's not nearly as good a politician as the Scottish media like to think she is - and certainly not as good a leader as Annabel Goldie was. I look forward to that uncomfortable truth being exposed in the next parliament if they come second.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

You dont half talk some biased shite

I mistakenly forgot not to debate anything with you

Aye, unfortunately i came to that conclusion as well

2 hours ago, Scunnered said:

That's an interesting conclusion you reached.

Well thats the way it is Scunny,

The potential for serious educated debate is there,  but you decide not to treat us to it.