SPFA POTY Nominations - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SPFA POTY Nominations

Surprised there's not been a thread on this already.

POTY

• Leigh Griffiths
  • Johnny Hayes
  • Greg Stewart
  • Kane Hemmings

YPOTY

• Kieran Tierney
  • John McGinn
  • Jason Cummings
  • Barrie MacKay

I think Tierney is more or less a stick on for YPOTY and with nearly 40 goals it's hard to see past Griffiths for the main award.  That being said, Hemmings scoring 20+ for a team in the bottom 6 is pretty impressive and any time I've seen Stewart this season (and last) I've like the look of him.  Not seen enough of Hayes to comment,.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nomination for Johnny Hayes is utterly bizarre. He had a really good few months since the turn of the year but prior to then he was honking. 

Aberdeen's two best players this season, by an absolute mile, have been Shinnie and Danny Ward. From my viewing this season, i think Shinnie is just pipped for POTY by Griffiths. 

44 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Does POTY have to come from the top division?  I see that YPOTY is mostly from the Championship but not sure if the big award is for the big league only?

Yeah. Think there is a separate Championship POTY for players from diddy teams ;) 

54 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Griffiths has to win it, he has almost single handedly won the league for Celtic. 

Bit surprised that Stewart has been nominated, he hasn't been as good as he was last season. 

It'll be Griffiths and Tierney, almost certainly.

Stewart will be at Aberdeen next season so he'll have to up his game to get nominated again...;)

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. Think there is a separate Championship POTY for players from diddy teams ;) 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Does POTY have to come from the top division?  I see that YPOTY is mostly from the Championship but not sure if the big award is for the big league only?

Waghorn, Wallace, McGinn and Cummings are the championship nominees. Couple of the Falkirk lads can count themselves unlucky not to make it, although they were voted for by the players themselves. 

Incidentally the PFA manager nominees are Jim McIntyre, Jim McInally, Mark Warburton and Peter Houston. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

The nomination for Johnny Hayes is utterly bizarre. He had a really good few months since the turn of the year but prior to then he was honking. 

Aberdeen's two best players this season, by an absolute mile, have been Shinnie and Danny Ward. From my viewing this season, i think Shinnie is just pipped for POTY by Griffiths. 

Pretty much word for word what i was going to post.

I see Logan has just signed a two year extension.  Good news. Think he may be doing a bit of a Leigh Griffiths (hence his need to stay in Aberdeen now).....

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

I see Logan has just signed a two year extension.  Good news. 

It's not IMO. He's constantly caught out of position defensively and is always blaming his team mates for his own failings. 

Would rather he left. 

33 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's not IMO. He's constantly caught out of position defensively and is always blaming his team mates for his own failings. 

Would rather he left. 

He's an attacking full back.  He's not the best defensively at times but I think you are being overly harsh. He does seem to like to point the finger a bit though, and while not hugely endearing, I would't let that darken my overall judgement of him (unlike Ricky Foster who also liked to point the finger, but was totally p1sh).

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

He's an attacking full back.  He's not the best defensively at times but I think you are being overly harsh. He does seem to like to point the finger a bit though, and while not hugely endearing, I would't let that darken my overall judgement of him (unlike Ricky Foster who also liked to point the finger, but was totally p1sh).

Plus, have you seen the thing he does when someone is reading a paper?

HILARIOUS!!

17 hours ago, Parklife said:

I notice Johnny Hayes won Aberdeen the club's POTY and also the Player's POTY. They must be seeing something that you're not.

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

I notice Johnny Hayes won Aberdeen the club's POTY and also the Player's POTY. They must be seeing something that you're not.

I think they're probably seeing his 2nd half of the season, which i have acknowledged was excellent, and forgetting about his first half. 

15 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

That's what I always think when folk say things like "why can't they do that all the time..."

:lol:

Familiar at Motherwell, particularly with some of our wingers recently.

If only they could cross a ball, if only they had an end product, if only they could do that every week...

As you say if they weren't flawed, they wouldn't be at Motherwell/Aberdeen.

39 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

Familiar at Motherwell, particularly with some of our wingers recently.

If only they could cross a ball, if only they had an end product, if only they could do that every week...

As you say if they weren't flawed, they wouldn't be at Motherwell/Aberdeen.

:P

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If Logan was as good defensively as he is at going forward he would not be at AFC, he'd be down south somewhere.earning more

He's not very good going forward either.