SPFA POTY Nominations - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SPFA POTY Nominations

I think Toepoke was talking about player of the year and not manager of the year. Generally that only goes to an Old Firm manager if they win at least the double.

Excluding the year Michael Higdon won the players player you have to go back to 89/90 for a non Old Firm winner.

Writer's award is similar with only Griffiths and Craig Gordon non old firm winners in the last 25 years

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Michael Higdon one certainly backs up the old firm fan vote theory, although I'd doubt it's as prevalent in managers.

When Micgael Higdon won it, the Celtic vote was split, as they had 3 players had a good season, some players wouldn't vote for a Celtic player (Celtic players couldn't) and Higdon did have an outstanding season.

On 3 May 2016 at 8:09 AM, Lamia said:

Hate to say it but I think Hearts deserved something.

In terms where we are in relation to where we were just three years ago this has been a great season. Securing third place, Europe and maintaining home gates of of over 16,000 are all really positive, relatively good finances, all definitely something to build on. But we haven't played well very often this season, and the fact that we have found it so easy to finish in the top 3 doesn't say much for our top league I regret to say. A number of the young, home grown players who looked good last season in the Championship (where it is admittedly a lot easier to do so) haven't performed this year, and we been very negative at times. I'm not complaining, I've enjoyed this season overall and am renewing my season ticket, but I'd struggle to name anyone who deserves a mention for  player of the year or even the team of the year. 

18 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

In terms where we are in relation to where we were just three years ago this has been a great season. Securing third place, Europe and maintaining home gates of of over 16,000 are all really positive, relatively good finances, all definitely something to build on. But we haven't played well very often this season, and the fact that we have found it so easy to finish in the top 3 doesn't say much for our top league I regret to say. A number of the young, home grown players who looked good last season in the Championship (where it is admittedly a lot easier to do so) haven't performed this year, and we been very negative at times. I'm not complaining, I've enjoyed this season overall and am renewing my season ticket, but I'd struggle to name anyone who deserves a mention for  player of the year or even the team of the year. 

Paterson always impresses me. Thought he'd be in for YPOTY