SSC Customer Service (Non Existant?) - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Customer Service (Non Existant?)

Tartan Bairn

What the hell is going on with the SSC these days? A friend who always travels with us isn't being awarded his point for the Czech republic game because he never received his ticket and the SSC are pleading blameless and wont award him a point.

He basically never received his match ticket (Fair enough SSC aren't responsible for Royal Mail) and contacted SSC a week before the game. He was advised to leave it a few days it might turn up.

3 days before the game he contacted them again and advised the girls were going out to Prague took his details and said someone would phone him back the day before the game ( it would be upto Czech FA to print the ticket).

My friend never received any call or email fro the SSC and bought a ticket off someone in Prague so he could get to the game. He then contacted the SSC the day after the game (from Stanstead) to complain. He was told it was his own fault he didn't go to the ticket collection point which he didn't even know where it was as he was expecting t be contacted. He was also told he had illegally got a ticket from someone else and it was against ssc rules to do this.

He has since had another phone call with the ssc and sent in Various photos of the trip with him in the ground, hotel, street, pub along with Flight tickets, Hotel info (most of which aren't in his name as I booked it) He is still being told its his fault and the SSC are saying they are completely blameless in all of this. They also advised Photos, Boarding passes etc aren't proof as you can edit pictures etc

They have been a complete shambles, cant remember them ever being so useless in the past. My mate is close to jacking it altogether after this rubbish.

Rant Over :P

17 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

He didn't turn up to the collection point. 

End of story. 

His ticket wasn't required to be collected. it was sent out in the post and never arrived. He was told the Czech FA would need to reprint a new ticket for him and he would be contacted by phone before the game which never happened.

Doesn't surprise me at all. My most recent dealing with the SSC was when they phoned me in an attempt to give me a row for complaining about the ticket prices on twitter and then telling them to stop trolling people who didn't agree with them. 

A joke of an organisation who's sole objective is to maximise revenue . 

Fair enough, maybe "your friend" was expecting to get a phone call, but if I was in that situation, I'd be being a bit more proactive and if I'd gotten in touch myself while in Prague, I wouldn't be hanging around waiting for a phone call.

11 hours ago, Tartan Bairn said:

What the hell is going on with the SSC these days? A friend who always travels with us isn't being awarded his point for the Czech republic game because he never received his ticket and the SSC are pleading blameless and wont award him a point.

He basically never received his match ticket (Fair enough SSC aren't responsible for Royal Mail) and contacted SSC a week before the game. He was advised to leave it a few days it might turn up.

3 days before the game he contacted them again and advised the girls were going out to Prague took his details and said someone would phone him back the day before the game ( it would be upto Czech FA to print the ticket).

My friend never received any call or email fro the SSC and bought a ticket off someone in Prague so he could get to the game. He then contacted the SSC the day after the game (from Stanstead) to complain. He was told it was his own fault he didn't go to the ticket collection point which he didn't even know where it was as he was expecting t be contacted. He was also told he had illegally got a ticket from someone else and it was against ssc rules to do this.

He has since had another phone call with the ssc and sent in Various photos of the trip with him in the ground, hotel, street, pub along with Flight tickets, Hotel info (most of which aren't in his name as I booked it) He is still being told its his fault and the SSC are saying they are completely blameless in all of this. They also advised Photos, Boarding passes etc aren't proof as you can edit pictures etc

They have been a complete shambles, cant remember them ever being so useless in the past. My mate is close to jacking it altogether after this rubbish.

Rant Over :P

If SSC didn't request this as a collection ?  why would the point not be allocated automatically ?

or did they cancel his ticket ?

5 hours ago, euan2020 said:

if ticket was mailed - why doesnt he just say he received the ticket ?

nobody else with a mailed ticket has to provide travel details 

Because he didn't get the ticket and wanted to see the game (nowt wrong with that plan of action).

The problem seems to be that the SSC went to (some) effort to get it cancelled then reprinted in Prague, then for some unknown reason didn't communicate an update to the friend. 

Going on face value this is pish poor, if you are going to the effort of getting a members ticket reissued, then you also take on the responsibility to tell that person the plan. As another poster has said, I'd have been a bit proactive, but as our Clubs administrators, if they promised to contact him then didn't, that's poor customer service. 

Would have been easier for them to say tough titties. IMO they did the hard work then forgot the simple communication part. (Email, phone, Twitter, etc).

J

20 hours ago, aaid said:

Fair enough, maybe "your friend" was expecting to get a phone call, but if I was in that situation, I'd be being a bit more proactive and if I'd gotten in touch myself while in Prague, I wouldn't be hanging around waiting for a phone call.

That's a fair point. However I regard myself as fairly well organised when travelling to aways and like to think I have thought of most things, i just realised I never have SSC contact details with me. Given that I am surprised that the majority of TA can get themselves from home to place of work unassisted on a daily basis, never mind travel to a foreign country, I would think I am not the only person who doesn't take a SSC contact number with them.

If he never admitted breaking the rules by buying another ticket he would have probably got the point.

There is no way the SSC would let him off with helping another fan harvester a point after him admitting it.

If it was me I would have went to the pick up point the minute it was open and if I did I am almost certain they would have helped there and then. 

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

That's a fair point. However I regard myself as fairly well organised when travelling to aways and like to think I have thought of most things, i just realised I never have SSC contact details with me. Given that I am surprised that the majority of TA can get themselves from home to place of work unassisted on a daily basis, never mind travel to a foreign country, I would think I am not the only person who doesn't take a SSC contact number with them.

I'd say you're right with what you say, but if you were going and didn't have your ticket and knew you'd have to speak with the SSC then you'd make a note of it before leaving.

Or at least Google it while you were away?

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

No but...  If you really wanted to get in touch with them then I'm sure you'd find a way.   

This is the 21st century, there are multiple ways of getting in touch and as someone said above, if you'd left home knowing you were going to have to pick up a ticket abroad you'd make sure you knew in advance 1. Where the pickup locations as and what time and 2. Contact details for SSC staff.

Sounds to me an alternative course of events could be that he got a ticket off someone in a pub and couldn't be bothered getting in touch with the SSC and only got the arse when his point wasn't added - correctly - because as far as the SSC were concerned he hadn't attended the match. 

I can see both sides of the coin here as I would feel let down by the SSC as well if that's the way I had been treated.

In saying that 2 things I definitely would have done is:

1) contact the SSC prior to the match and ask them to get on the case for me (connect to wi-fi, onto my emails and get the contact number/collection point details in order to make contact)

2) not tell them I had bought a harvesters ticket

They will see it as your mate taking the easy way out by buying a harvesters ticket, broke the rules and therefore is entitled to sweet F.A.

57 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

i guess he never said he bought a scotland end ticket - just he bought a ticket 

Given that he was told by the SSC he'd illegally bought a ticket, I'm prepared to bet that he told them he'd bought a Scotland end ticket. 

18 hours ago, Exglasgowasc said:

I think I would have sought out the ticket collection point and explained the situation regardless of whether I was waiting on a phone call.

Yeah i dont think it nwould have been that hard at all.

Shame for the guy but if you dont think to go to ticket collection point then its your own fault. First thing i would be doing if i had an issue with my ticket like you explained is find out where the collection point was & speak to them!

19 hours ago, Exglasgowasc said:

I think I would have sought out the ticket collection point and explained the situation regardless of whether I was waiting on a phone call.

I don't know about Prague but for some away games in the past the collection point has been a very inconvenient location to get to. If it was me and i could buy a ticket in the pub, or waste 2 hours going to a collection point, i'd be buying the ticket from the guy in the pub. 

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don't know about Prague but for some away games in the past the collection point has been a very inconvenient location to get to. If it was me and i could buy a ticket in the pub, or waste 2 hours going to a collection point, i'd be buying the ticket from the guy in the pub. 

The stadium collection point in Prague was beside the away end entrance turnstiles. 

11 hours ago, deecie said:

at least Google it while you were away?

What is this Google you speak of? You might need to explain because judging by a lot of posts on here nobody seems to know or have access to it.