Ken Livingstone - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

When I saw iMann chasing Livingstone I was amused at reporter saying Mann seemed oblivious to the cameras just at the moment you see him on the stairs having a wee sneaky glance to check where the cameras are. 

There is no doubt in my mind that it was set up. Mann wanted to provoke Livingstone into lamping him one.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, thplinth said:

I am saying why is he hanging Red Ken out to dry over this spun-up nonsense. He is either naive weak stupid or some combo of the above. A child can see through this rubbish. What a time for scunnered to be on holiday!

I think this 'spun-up nonsense' is the culmination of this.

Livingston was just too high profile to keep it a secret any longer.

http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2016/05/03/50-uk-labour-mps-secretly-suspended-over-last-2-months/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3570731/Jeremy-Corbyn-face-stalking-horse-challenge-Labour-suspends-50-activists-racism-run-key-elections.html

What Ken Livingstone said was bang out of order and he knows it.

If you went in to your work and started going on about how Hitler had the right idea then you would deservedly get sacked. It's fine to think this, but you've got to be really careful when you are speaking publicly and keep the loose talk about "crushing the pirate state" to a minimum. I advise no more than 4 coded references in any speech, and perhaps 2 blatant ones at a push.

As for the Muslim lady, she wants to blow up Israel and kill all the Jews. Which again is fine - we live in a tolerant modern society where Young British Muslim women are now free to enter our politics and not get sold as child bride to their cousins in Pakistan. She is entitled to express her opinions and she is a moderate Muslim practicing her religion of peace so she only advocates blowing up Israel and all the Jews.

And yes, the stuff she had tweeted and posted on the Internet was "anti-Semitic" and it should have been vetted by Labour before she was elected, but Labour are all about inclusivity and quota filling and they needed a young lady Asian Muslim as an MP and she was the only one available so they had no choice but to pass her and then fund her campaign and elect her to public office. And anyway she's apologised for writing these things on the Internet so she obviously doesn't think that way anymore so it's fine.

Corbyn is right to take such a principled stance against Ken Livingstone though. They do look alike and Corbyn is obviously concerned that people might think it was him what said Hitler was fine until he had his spazzy brainwave. He has shown himself as a real lewader of strength on this issue and is the beacon of hope and free-thinking that we have lacked since Simon Le Bon died.

Been looking at some of the claims made. I'd like to see some of them tested in a court setting rather than the newspaper printing what they want.

Like Israeli involvement with ISIS.

2 hours ago, exile said:

I see Zac Goldsmith has been trying to use Leicester to boost his chances

"I'm hoping to do a Leicester City and zoom in from behind and win on May 5."

Except, er, Leicester City led from the front...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36191461

Another example of why politicians and football really do not mix.

Jim Murphy and David Cameron from the General Election last year spring to mind.

On 02/05/2016 at 8:15 PM, thplinth said:

I am saying why is he hanging Red Ken out to dry over this spun-up nonsense. He is either naive weak stupid or some combo of the above. A child can see through this rubbish. What a time for scunnered to be on holiday!

I don't think he is on holiday. I think he is busy pounding the streets trying to get Jackie Baillie re-elected. Disnae sound like much of a holiday to me.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I don't think he is on holiday. I think he is busy pounding the streets trying to get Jackie Baillie re-elected. Disnae sound like much of a holiday to me.

#BothVotesBaillie

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe he's pounding Jaba? Enjoy your breakfast :lol:

33 minutes ago, aaid said:

I see mad as a box of frogs Renfrewshire councillor Terry Kelly has now been suspended by the Labour Party pending an investigation into alleged anti-Semitic comments.

I see folk are saying it's anti-semitic to mention the support Israel gives ISIS. It's UN watchers that are noticing the contact between the two. Huge war for information going on.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

I see mad as a box of frogs Renfrewshire councillor Terry Kelly has now been suspended by the Labour Party pending an investigation into alleged anti-Semitic comments.

Couldn't happen to a bigger fanny than him :lol:

30 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Never heard of him, so did a google. This what I found

https://athousandflowers.net/2014/07/10/weekly--034-terry-kelly/

He's a total space cadet and a typical old fashioned SLab bully boy.

We had a spot of Labour skullduggery in leafy East Ren the other day. The father of Jim Murphy's protege and squeaky clean parliamentary candidate, Paul O'Kane, was was seen and photographed striding around Neilston pulling down every SNP poster and sign he could find.

What the feck is Corbyn doing. 50 mp's suspended? Is that right? If so he is an utter headbanger with a death wish for his own party. What an incredible phud this guy is proving himself to be. The people who backed him must be shaking their heads at this. 

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

What the feck is Corbyn doing. 50 mp's suspended? Is that right? If so he is an utter headbanger with a death wish for his own party. What an incredible phud this guy is proving himself to be. The people who backed him must be shaking their heads at this. 

Havent heard that

There is something about boundary changes being brought in by the Tories which could mean 50 less Labour MPs ?

(Deep apathy is what I feel. I cannot describe how deep it runs (because I don't care enough to notice).Thank you No voting Scotland ;))

50 Members is nothing. The way it was spun post Livingstone in another calculated move was to make it sound like it was actually far more significant. How many folk joined Labour recently. 50 folk in that scale is fukk all of nothing. I cant believe I am defending Labour / Corbyn (who annoys me) but they are being stitched up here.

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

(Deep apathy is what I feel. I cannot describe how deep it runs (because I don't care enough to notice).Thank you No voting Scotland ;))

50 Members is nothing. The way it was spun post Livingstone in another calculated move was to make it sound like it was actually far more significant. How many folk joined Labour recently. 50 folk in that scale is fukk all of nothing. I cant believe I am defending Labour / Corbyn (who annoys me) but they are being stitched up here.

Stitched up or not the labour party and its friendly press would do the exact same to the tories if they were in the political frying pan.

Politics is a very dirty profession.