Relegation Monday - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Relegation Monday

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Aye. 

I'm gutted to be finishing second whilst you guys prepare for an assault on the challenge cup. 

Dont let the trapdoor hit your arses on the way out. 

:lol: That the best you've got ya daftie ? 

Your surely better than than that ?

5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I was going to respond but decided to let it slide given the circumstances and how you must be feeling.  It's the fans that feel the pain and suffer. 

That is why you're respected and views accounted for my friend.

For you, I hope you achieve greatness. 

A fitting way to end it. Utd were probably the better side in the 2nd half but conceded a hilarious equaliser and a 93rd minute goal to lose it. 

Their season in a microcosm. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

A fitting way to end it. Utd were probably the better side in the 2nd half but conceded a hilarious equaliser and a 93rd minute goal to lose it. 

Their season in a microcosm. 

Exactly right.  27 points lost from winning positions and, I think, two points gained when behind. 

Well deserved relegation, long expected but I will admit my eyes a little damp nonetheless. 

I can't begin to think how furious I would be as a Utd fan.  I can see the need to nurture and sell players but the manner in which it was done and how the club has been run since would make my blood boil. Have said it all along, but I will miss Utd next season and think the top league will be poorer without them. 

6 hours ago, Rossy said:

Harkins, is in pretty shocking condition for a professional footballer ain't he? Or has he just got a fat heed?

The lad Murray seems decent enough from what I seen. Let himself down with that dive though. 

Him apart Utd were garbage. Real lack of fight, which hasnt been the case in the other 3 derbies this season. That winning goal!!! 

Needs to be huge changes for them in the summer. Real sore one for the fans tonight. I suppose on the bright side it probably can't get any worse. 

Incredibly poor performance from us, we were dismal. One of the worst performances that Ive seen for a while.

We kinda stole that win.

Also shows why some players are at Dens, and not a bigger club. Stewart flatters to deceive, Harkins is so unfit and Hemmings is Dundee class, no more. Its been a let down of a season for us IMO, two narrow wins at home against the bottom team, but two far better performances away to them, we need to start winning games. Genuinely not fishing with that comment.

2 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Needs to be huge changes for them in the summer. Real sore one for the fans tonight. I suppose on the bright side it probably can't get any worse. 

That's what St Mirren thought. 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Than than. 

Emotions getting the better of you?

:lol:

Wow, a mistake of typing and that's your best return !

keep looking up the hoop as they dominate.......your as much losers as we are. 

Hopefully deecie will bring up a cup win in Europe before most of you were born or were still wetting nappies. 

Absolute mugs :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Serious question, how many of that Utd squad are under contract for next season?

About half a dozen first team players I think. They need a clearout and a good rebuild.

5 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Wow, a mistake of typing and that's your best return !

keep looking up the hoop as they dominate.......your as much losers as we are. 

Hopefully deecie will bring up a cup win in Europe before most of you were born or were still wetting nappies. 

Absolute mugs :lol: 

Wow. You're really hurting now. 

Mugs!!!!

This could be the beginning of a meltdown. 

Never seen the game,but can't wait to see the goals from what I've heard. :lol:

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Slightly different situation. In my time watching football Dundee Utd have been a premier league team with one season in the lower leagues.

St. Mirren have probably been in the lower leagues more often than they have been in the top division and when they have been in the top league they have stuggled most seasons.

39 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Awe, sweetheart, you feeling the fact that your as bad as us. 

Won f*ck all again despite this being your best chance in decades.

Dont take it out on me, your as sad and bitter as the rest of you diddies who believe you are a special club. 

Your a bit part team in Scottish football, enjoy the dream that never succeeds. 

We'll be back, and you'll still be the same.

Apologies for the timing Del.

It's 'you're'.......Sorry! 

How was the fitba BTW? ;)

11 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I think a lot will depend on what happens off the field. Your fans seem seriously dissalusioned with the khunt in charge, and yet, they have stuck it out, regularly getting 2.5 times the home games to that of St Boo. 

I think if you make the right changes, you will see a good bit of interest from your support next year which will go a long way to getting you back up. 

Ps The Fish and Chip Cup is a great day oot. Don't let these bassas tell you different mate ;)