Relegation Monday - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Relegation Monday

7 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I'm sure you'll finish above Hibs next season anyway.

Even if Hibs get promoted this season, i wouldn't put it past them to finish below Utd next season. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Even if Hibs get promoted this season, i wouldn't put it past them to finish below Utd next season. 

I'm trying to figure that one out.

Good luck next season :ok: 

1 hour ago, jock strap said:

Tried to pm you DD.

Sorry mate. 

Dunno why, but this one tickled me this morning. 

Last I seen, you were mid-melt down. Understandable buddy and good on you for coming back on this morning. 

It's ing mental what this stupid game does to us sometimes ;)

Just now, adamntg said:

Mixu blubbing for his job this morning.

A bit like Ian Watkins acknowledging he's made mistakes and looking for the AC/DC gig when Axel is done,.

I've always liked MIxu - probably in part because he was a decent player for us.  In fairness, he's never managed my team.  However, he did seem to inherit a pretty poor bunch and a dressing room already resigned to failure.  Could he have done anything differently or have been reasonably expected to avoid relegation or was the damage already done by Thompson?  Unfortunately, for Mixu, he was the man at the helm last night and is therefore probably now tainted, but could he be the man to get Utd back up next season? 

You could theorise that Big Mixu did pretty well to keep them in touch for so long. It didn't help that the 'fans' turned on the team, destroying their confidence, and therefore contributing to their own downfall. Amazing how these United fans displayed such a sense of entitlement to their top league status (very hunesque), when actually all that's happened is that they have been found out to be just the wee team in Dundee, and the big team is now back on top.

29 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Dunno why, but this one tickled me this morning. 

Last I seen, you were mid-melt down. Understandable buddy and good on you for coming back on this morning. 

It's ing mental what this stupid game does to us sometimes ;)

I've apologised direct with DD. He's a top fella. 

Your right mate, this crazy game can proper mess you up.

Sincerely wish you all the best for next season.....everyone of you :ok: 

10 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

You could theorise that Big Mixu did pretty well to keep them in touch for so long. It didn't help that the 'fans' turned on the team, destroying their confidence, and therefore contributing to their own downfall. Amazing how these United fans displayed such a sense of entitlement to their top league status (very hunesque), when actually all that's happened is that they have been found out to be just the wee team in Dundee, and the big team is now back on top.

Aye, how the tide has changed.

Dundee have shown what a good wee team they are this season. If they can keep the likes of Stewart, then they can progress further. 

Uniteds downfall involves everyone from the fans and right up the club to the chairman.

It may take longer to return than Rangers did if there is not a serious changes through the summer. I fear the club may not return for some time.

Time will tell.

34 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Amazing how these United fans displayed such a sense of entitlement to their top league status (very hunesque), when actually all that's happened is that they have been found out to be just the wee team in Dundee, and the big team is now back on top.

About time.  Only took them 50 years.

56 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

:lol: thanks, that has actually really cheered me up!

The fun haven't been the big team in dundee since the mid 1970s. Doubtful they will ever rightfully claim to be it again, but whatever floats your boat. And I suppose it was good to give aberdeen fans something to care after february for once.

Relegation was on the cards as soon as they sold the tim two and shifty. Completel sold any ambition they had and the blame for that lies at stephen thompsons door.

Mixi and his team bingo selections was never going to work and it was inevitable when they started the season with mcnamara in charge.

Never mind, life goes on, even for I never even got a text from my favourite coagie.

53 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Never mind, life goes on, even for I never even got a text from my favourite coagie.

Didnt want to wake you up, didnt think you would be watching the sad demise of your team...

Heres a wee video to make you feel better.

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

Mixu blubbing for his job this morning.

A bit like Ian Watkins acknowledging he's made mistakes and looking for the AC/DC gig when Axel is done,.

Ooooft, too much!

Clearly the hurt is bad.

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I know just the man.... 

I'll see you and I'll raise you.....

**Pretend you're all looking at a picture of Cammy Bell**

Edited by Fairbairn
Didnae Work!