Relegation Monday - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Relegation Monday

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

United's development squad beat Hamilton today 9-1. Some good news at last. Hopefully a few make the step up next season

Need a manager who knows how to use them though. Mixu not the boy.

Bit sad, they were my dad's team.  Leicester winning the EPL is a reminder of better days when football wasn't dominated by money and you had provincial clubs like Forest, Villa, Aberdeen, Utd challenging, not just for domestic but European honours as well.  Hope they get themselves sorted out must be galling at the minute.

21 hours ago, jock strap said:

I like a load of the AFC fans I've met through this board, real quality men who epitomise class.

Cheers B)

6 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Bit sad, they were my dad's team.  Leicester winning the EPL is a reminder of better days when football wasn't dominated by money and you had provincial clubs like Forest, Villa, Aberdeen, Utd challenging, not just for domestic but European honours as well.  Hope they get themselves sorted out must be galling at the minute.

Aberdeen can still win the Premiership -_-

32 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

:ok:

2 hours ago, GRBear said:

Absolutely brilliant stuff last night. 

Feck United and feck Thomson. 

Social media has been awash with nonsense like this from rangers fans, it's pathetic.

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Social media has been awash with nonsense like this from rangers fans, it's pathetic.

Doesn't bother me. I am just going to pretend it never happened. If it works for thousands of them over liquidation, formation of a brand new club and starting at the bottom of the league, it works for me with relegation! ?

Just now, ShedTA said:

Doesn't bother me. I am just going to pretend it never happened. If it works for thousands of them over liquidation, formation of a brand new club and starting at the bottom of the league, it works for me with relegation! ?

That's a great idea, just re-write history and blame everyone else for your failures. Make sure if and when you do come back up, you must come up with revenge in mind and a massive chip on your shoulder

Thats one thing that has surprised me, Rangers fans being delighted at Utds downfall. Its taken the shine off of it for me, I end up defending the Arabs, they did nothing wrong regarding sevco, I think a lot of it goes back to Goodwillie when Rangers offered buttons, its kinda sad how bitter Rangers fans are over Utd.

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Thats one thing that has surprised me, Rangers fans being delighted at Utds downfall. Its taken the shine off of it for me, I end up defending the Arabs, they did nothing wrong regarding sevco, I think a lot of it goes back to Goodwillie when Rangers offered buttons, its kinda sad how bitter Rangers fans are over Utd.

Was it not maybe or partly because of a game cancelled at Tannadice v RFC and having to buy tickets later ?

Then a threat of those RFC fans boycotting Tannadice for the rescheduled game  ?

Or was it Utd's possible voting pre Armageddon ?

Strange that they have so much built up hate over nothing, yet less anger over the people running their old club to ruin.

9 minutes ago, fringo said:

Was it not maybe or partly because of a game cancelled at Tannadice v RFC and having to buy tickets later ?

Then a threat of those RFC fans boycotting Tannadice for the rescheduled game  ?

Strange that they have so much built up hate over nothing, yet less anger over the people running their old club to ruin.

I think the cancelled game was where it started. Suited Thompson to see Rangers as a cash cow then.

Downhill from there.

Seems to also be a lightning rod for the demotion stuff, but cant remember anything specifically he said.

Edited by Stu101

32 minutes ago, fringo said:

Youre right, Utd are bastirds :lol:;)

9 hours ago, Stu101 said:

I think the cancelled game was where it started. Suited Thompson to see Rangers as a cash cow then.

Downhill from there.

Seems to also be a lightning rod for the demotion stuff, but cant remember anything specifically he said.

Yeh it was all of that and he was quite vocal and outspoken about insisting rangers start in the bottom division. He was under a lot of pressure from his own supporters to vote that way so didnt have much choice but he was one of the club managers quoted in the papers at the time. 

Still don't think he was saying anything wrong but being outspoken against rangers brings it's own complications for anyone as we have seen.

9 hours ago, GRBear said:

What did they do to my club? 

You came on here to specifically post that Utd going down is "brilliant" along with "feck" them and their Chairman. It has to be assumed from those comments that you have some beef with the both of the aforementioned and that this isn't just a random over reaction? 

58 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

You came on here to specifically post that Utd going down is "brilliant" along with "feck" them and their Chairman. It has to be assumed from those comments that you have some beef with the both of the aforementioned and that this isn't just a random over reaction? 

United going down is brilliant.

8 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

The question isn't exclusive, to anyone other that you......

I'm just devastated that they won't be heading to Balmoor next season.

Dreadful performance last night.

Phück Ayr United. The only United less likeable than United.

ANNOUNCEMENT

May 4, 2016

Dundee United Football Club and Mixu Paatelainen have agreed the departure of Paatelainen as First Team Head Coach with immediate effect.

The Club thanks Mixu for his service and will now begin the search for a new Head Coach.

Mixu Paatelainen said, “I would like to thank the players, staff and supporters. It has been a difficult winter and the challenge was huge but nevertheless I have enjoyed every day working for the Club and with this group of players”.

On 5/2/2016 at 10:30 PM, deecie said:

Pleasure.

8384romadundee_neladitomedio.jpg

I remember listening to this game at my work (shop floor) it must have been an afternoon kick-off - our factory on the south side of Glasgow was full of Celtic, Rangers (& a Clyde fan :lol:) but every single person was shouting out for a Dundee United victory (or less than a 2-0 defeat) how times have changed eh.

Surprised McLean or in particular Smith didn't react to the Roma players (more so the one in the middle who looks like he's being held back)