Relegation Monday - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Relegation Monday

1 hour ago, deecie said:

I'm just devastated that they won't be heading to Balmoor next season.

Dreadful performance last night.

Phück Ayr United. The only United less likeable than United.

Peterheed???? I'm glad they got humped

Edited by vanderark14

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

All players released or free to leave bar Spittal, murray, Fraser and zwick. That's one way to build a new team. 

And a way to cut costs.

I assume that does not include (our most promising) youth players who are still under contract?

7 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

I remember listening to this game at my work (shop floor) it must have been an afternoon kick-off - our factory on the south side of Glasgow was full of Celtic, Rangers (& a Clyde fan :lol:) but every single person was shouting out for a Dundee United victory (or less than a 2-0 defeat) how times have changed eh.

Surprised McLean or in particular Smith didn't react to the Roma players (more so the one in the middle who looks like he's being held back)

Folk wanting Scottish clubs to do well in Europe was fairly common place in the 80s. Social media I think is to blame for that changing big time and most are far more tribal as a result. 

27 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Folk wanting Scottish clubs to do well in Europe was fairly common place in the 80s. Social media I think is to blame for that changing big time and most are far more tribal as a result. 

I still want Scottish teams to do well in Europe with the exception of the Old Firm of course. 

5 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

What's he said?

I was talking about him being on Sportsound having just acted as head of SPFA while him and his teammates were let go. And he's wishing Utd well - sincerely it seemed - while admitting him and his teammates had performed unacceptably.  Was very dignified. 

Edited by adamntg

I hope Ray McKinnon gets Rovers promoted and sticks two fingers up to Thompson. They way they are pursuing him, at this crucial time of the season for him, is despicable. They could have waited a couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I hope Ray McKinnon gets Rovers promoted and sticks two fingers up to Thompson. They way they are pursuing him, at this crucial time of the season for him, is despicable. They could have waited a couple of weeks.

They haven't approached Rovers and won't until the play-offs are over.  There's nothing but paper talk at the moment.  

To be fair to United, ICT and St Johnstone both refused permission to speak to their managers last season and Thompson respected that. Played it by the book. 

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Do you really believe what's in the papers word for word? 

22 hours ago, kumnio said:

Thats one thing that has surprised me, Rangers fans being delighted at Utds downfall. Its taken the shine off of it for me, I end up defending the Arabs, they did nothing wrong regarding sevco, I think a lot of it goes back to Goodwillie when Rangers offered buttons, its kinda sad how bitter Rangers fans are over Utd.

As a Rangers supporter and seeing how Goodwilie's career has panned out I'm very glad to Mr Thompson for that one!