Mellieha to stadium - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mellieha to stadium

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's 12 in our group staying in Mellieha but not sorted out how to get to/from game yet. Will speak to the others and get back to you with our plans but this will probably be after the Italy/France games as most of us are going to those games as well so will probably start thinking about it then. Not very helpful at the moment! but will let you know

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Staying in the DB resort as well and might be interested in a bus if one is going. Still to look into transport options. Will start looking on return from Metz. 

Same with us as well. We still can't agree on a bus or a train from Luxembourg to Metz yet never mind how to get to game in September!! We will be looking at different options after Metz and if we come up with anything will post here. Same if anyone else manages to organise something let us know we can maybe try and organise together. There are 12 of us although I don't know how many are going to game it will depend on tickets but definitely 8 going to game

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 4:54 PM, Tartan Queen said:

There's 12 in our group staying in Mellieha but not sorted out how to get to/from game yet. Will speak to the others and get back to you with our plans but this will probably be after the Italy/France games as most of us are going to those games as well so will probably start thinking about it then. Not very helpful at the moment! but will let you know

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:05 PM, Marco44 said:

I'm staying at the DB resort and Spa hotel in Mellieha. A few of us going the the game if we get tickets. Would be interested if anyone organising a bus to the game. 

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 1:35 PM, Willie Miller's tache said:

Anybody staying in Mellieha had any thoughts on how to get to / from the stadium on Sunday? Anyone fancy organising a bus?! I'm thinking sharing the cost of a pre-booked taxi could be a shout. Any ideas from others based in  Mellieha most welcome

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:29 AM, Jute said:

Staying in the DB resort as well and might be interested in a bus if one is going. Still to look into transport options. Will start looking on return from Metz. 

Hi guys, I have been in touch with a bus company and for a 12 seater this would work out at 5 euros odds pp from Mellieha to stadium return and an 18 seater at 5 euros pp return. If there are more of us looking for seats I can get a quote for a bigger bus. Was thinking of making any of these buses 6 euros with anything over going to TASA. Thoughts on this please.  Just for the record nobody goes for free, including me!!!  To make it absolutely clear this is a non-profit bus (whatever size we end up booking). If anybody interested can you let me know so that I can get an idea of numbers and if more seats are required.

19 hours ago, Tartan Queen said:

Was thinking of making any of these buses 6 euros with anything over going to TASA.

7 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Spare cash going to TASA is a nice touch too.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Without trying to jump the gun, this would be very welcome.

It's a demanding year for Sunshine Appeal funds. At our AGM in April we decided to keep the donations at £5000 per match this year.

There are six (known) away matches this year and because we don't pick and chose at which matches to make a donation, that's quite a challenge for us. So anything that we can get from any source is particularly welcome this year.

Everywhere We Go!

2 hours ago, TA Sunshine Appeal said:

Thanks for thinking of us.

Without trying to jump the gun, this would be very welcome.

It's a demanding year for Sunshine Appeal funds. At our AGM in April we decided to keep the donations at £5000 per match this year.

There are six (known) away matches this year and because we don't pick and chose at which matches to make a donation, that's quite a challenge for us. So anything that we can get from any source is particularly welcome this year.

Everywhere We Go!

You guys do such great work and are great ambassadors for Scottish Football and in particular Scotland Supporters :).

Ok so far bus from Mellieha to stadium return

Tartan Queen - 12

Willie Miller's Tache - 1

Please feel free to add names and I will update as and when. Once I know definite numbers I will get bus organised. I have to let the bus company know sooner rather than later and certainly by the end of June but have provisionally booked a 14 seater and 18 seater depending on numbers :) 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, HANK 62 said:

Can I reserve 2 seats please.

Of course you can. Please note I am only taking definite bookings as don't want to be left organising a bigger bus if not needed. Many thanks.  Bus list as noted below

Tartan Queen - 12

Hank 62 - 2

I have 3 seats left at the moment if anybody else interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this bus

Tartan Queen - 13

Hank 62 - 2

I now have 2 seats left at the moment if anybody else interested. Please only definite bookings. Would be willing to get a quote for a bigger bus if needed. Bus company requires booking to be made no later than mid-June

For any of you not been to Mellieha before, we had a run up on the bus and it's about 1 1/2 hours from Sliema but there is a bus from/to Buggiba that takes around 20 minutes.  It's a really nice place but in the middle of nowhere!! The bay has a proper sandy beach and is gorgeous. Our apartment block is right at the bottom of the hill!! The village is walkable for those that are able or there are plenty of buses that takes you back into the village which has a few restaurants (apparently 2 of the best restaurants in Malta are in the village :)) and a few bars.  Ghadira Bay is not that far either on the bus. There is a direct bus from the airport for 1.5 euros but not sure how long this takes but now we know where to get off this we shall be bussing this as opposed to paying 60/70 euros for a taxi!!  For those of you who didn't notice, all the bus stops have names and the stop for us after coming through the village is called surprisingly "Luna". Not sure where the stop after that is as it doesn't stop at all bus stops. Can't wait now that France is over

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Broomhall Scot said:

We are staying at Mellieha and looking for four seats on coach to and from the stadium..Ally

18 hours ago, Swindonroyal said:

we're also at the seabank resort and would like to reserve 2 seats if possible.

Update on this bus

Tartan Queen - 13

Hank 62 - 2

Broomhall Scot - 4

Swindonroyal - 2

That's 22 of us now. Will contact coach company for a quote for a bigger bus. If anybody else interested (definite bookings only please as stated above don't want to be left having to pay for a bigger bus if not necessary) please post here. I will let everyone know once I hear back from company.

Hi guys,

I have a quote from bus company and unfortunately they only have 14 and 18 seater mini buses and the next bus up is a 53 seater. This is working out at 166 euros including V.A.T., which at the moment is 8 euros each (return), with the odds going to TASA. This is still going to be cheaper than booking 2 mini buses. I am going to post this on the FB Tartan Army site as well.  If you have already booked on here please don't book again on that site!! Obviously the more people we have on this the cheaper it will be. I will keep you updated over the next week as really need to get this booked sooner rather than later. Thoughts please.

Update on this bus

Tartan Queen - 13

Hank 62 - 2

Broomhall Scot - 4

Swindonroyal - 2

Linda Black - 3

That's 25 of us now. Cost at the moment is now 7 euros pp with the odds going to TASA. There are still 28 seats left. Waiting to hear back from another few who have still to sort things out so hopefully the cost should come down a bit again