Kosovo - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Kosovo have been granted membership of Uefa and could even be fast-tracked into Fifa ahead of the 2018 World Cup qualifying programme.

Uefa's member nations voted 28-24 to accept the former province of Serbia, which led the opposition. Two votes were declared invalid."

Best to get prepared ;)

Whats the stadium like? Who does cheap flights there? Whats the allocation for the away end? Does Pristina have an Irish bar? Will it be OK to wear a kilt in the home end?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will some of their eligible players who are already capped for other countries be allowed to switch to Kosovo? I'm sure Shaqiri and Januzaj are both eligible? Behrami, Cana and Xhaka are all eligible too.

Edited by Davied14

12 minutes ago, Davied14 said:

Will some of their eligible players who are already capped for other countries be allowed to switch to Kosovo? I'm sure Shaqiri and Januzaj are both eligible? Behrami, Cana and Xhaka are all eligible too.

According to precedence yes they would be. Interesting to see where their allegiances lie and if they "feel Kosovan"...

34 minutes ago, Davied14 said:

James Montague (BBC, CNN, World Soccer Magazine etc.....) has done a fair number of articles on this subject over the years and he seems to think (for the time being) when push comes to shove very few would actually switch if given the chance (Granit Xhaka is the only high profile one he thinks that would switch straight away).

See Gibraltar got a court ruling yesterday that they should be allowed to join FIFA also.

Though there is 2 groups in the WC with only 5 teams in them, that is 3 teams (Russia, Kosovo and Gibraltar) they have to be dished out to (do they say to Russia to look elsewhere for matches for the next 2 years? Or do they take the stance that Gibraltar and Kosovo were not members in time and will just share freindlies between them with one of the 5 team groups and Russia gets the other ones). 

12 hours ago, deecie said:

The currency is the Euro, but i'm going to take US Dollars instead, and Levis.

You'll get a better rate with Wranglers, they are stuck in the 70s. 

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

So they could either go into Bosnia's group or Croatia's? Either way could throw up some interesting ties...

Depending on the situation with Russia, I suspect they would have to go into Group I beside Croatia and Ukraine (so they avoid Russia, who would make up the unofficial 6th team in group H).

Also Bosnia, with the Republika Srpska, would probably turn Bosnia v Kosovo into a bit of a nightmare, while Kosovo and Croatia seem to have pretty good relations.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Depending on the situation with Russia, I suspect they would have to go into Group I beside Croatia and Ukraine (so they avoid Russia, who would make up the unofficial 6th team in group H).

Also Bosnia, with the Republika Srpska, would probably turn Bosnia v Kosovo into a bit of a nightmare, while Kosovo and Croatia seem to have pretty good relations.

Any chance of an update from one of your "mates" in Prishtina?

Also, how excited are the Kosovo under-16 team that they'll be able to play in international competition?  Could you ask on Twitter if any of them have a Scottish granny and fancy signing for Reading?

I think Kosovo and Gibraltar will both be given full membership of FIFA this month and both will compete in the WC qualifiers in September.  Russia will have to look elsewhere for friendlies which I am sure they will not be too pleased about. 

8 minutes ago, tartanpar said:

I think Kosovo and Gibraltar will both be given full membership of FIFA this month and both will compete in the WC qualifiers in September.  Russia will have to look elsewhere for friendlies which I am sure they will not be too pleased about. 

Fingers crossed they have to re-draw the qualifying groups.

1 hour ago, deecie said:

Fingers crossed they have to re-draw the qualifying groups.

Haha that would certainly be good for us but with 2 small groups without a 6th seed it makes it easy for FIFA to slot them in there.

1 hour ago, tartanpar said:

Haha that would certainly be good for us but with 2 small groups without a 6th seed it makes it easy for FIFA to slot them in there.

It'll still screw up the fixtures for those groups, not they'll care about that.